ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get Naturalisation number?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

livia123
Newly Registered

How to get Naturalisation number?

Post by livia123 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Hi
I wonder if someone can help. I need to complete a security clearance form as part of check for a civil service job and it is asking form my husband's naturalisation number. My husband got his first British passport back in May 2007 and we don't even remember there being a Certificate of Naturalisation. But sure enough, we found the photo with the local mayor with him proudly holding it.
Of course, we have no clue where it is and I don't particularly want to pay £200 to get a copy that will take several weeks. I don't expect to ever need the form again. Does anyone know of any way to get this information without the time and money impact?

Many thanks

GG

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How to get Naturalisation number?

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm

You may consider a "Subject Access Request" (SAR) from the Home Office:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration
This is not a fast service either - are you sure the original is lost - an important document! Are you not able to quote the date of the ceremony - which is the date of naturalisation?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

livia123
Newly Registered

Re: How to get Naturalisation number?

Post by livia123 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:28 pm

Yeah - never would have thought that after several British passports I would need any such doc. I even tried to see if I could get a duplicate but that requires the date which we don't know and a £250 fee.

Thanks - I'll probably just have to contact the government recruitment service and see what help they can provide. After all the place I'm going to work, is the place that has the info I need.