ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa categories

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Xml / html file for payroll manager RTFPS- how do I find it on sage?

Post by Anontier1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Hi all, I am on the Tier 1 visa scheme and need to submit some documents to prove payroll at extension stage, however I've been told we need it in the xml. or html format from our payroll manager and we use sage. It has been very difficult to find this information. Anyone have any idea or been through this? My accountants are getting very upset as it is time consuming and confusing. I've got to prepare this within the week as I have 15 days to send in the hard copies now. Any help asap would be grateful for. 🙌

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa categories

Post by Anontier1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm

Hi all,

I understand that in the interim period of being on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa one can change their business and be in a different business if the initial business they were granted visa on isn't fruitful. In this instance is there an updated list of businesses individuals can be involved in for eg, I was told that property isn't one, nor beauty salons etc.

Where can I find this updated list to see what alternative businesses that UKBA Is alright with on this scheme?

Thank you!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Xml / html file for payroll manager RTFPS- how do I find it on sage?

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Please do not start multiple topics for your application. Stick to only one topic and ask all your questions there :!:
Anontier1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:29 pm
Hi all, I am on the Tier 1 visa scheme and need to submit some documents to prove payroll at extension stage, however I've been told we need it in the xml. or html format from our payroll manager and we use sage. It has been very difficult to find this information. Anyone have any idea or been through this? My accountants are getting very upset as it is time consuming and confusing. I've got to prepare this within the week as I have 15 days to send in the hard copies now. Any help asap would be grateful for. 🙌
The forum has a search feature if you see on the top. Use that to find the information you need by entering the keywords.
You need to submit FPS reports. Here is a sample from Sage software: uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/rti-fps-t2 ... l#p1668895
Anontier1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:39 pm
I understand that in the interim period of being on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa one can change their business and be in a different business if the initial business they were granted visa on isn't fruitful. In this instance is there an updated list of businesses individuals can be involved in for eg, I was told that property isn't one, nor beauty salons etc.
Where can I find this updated list to see what alternative businesses that UKBA Is alright with on this scheme?
There is no UKBA it is UKVI now.
There is no such list either. The Tier 1E rules do NOT restrict you from doing certain businesses. You are free to do as you wish. The rules simply make it clear that you cannot be awarded points for an investment in a business that is involved in property (e.g management, agency, rentals, etc) The only exception is property construction. Read the official Tier 1E guide
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa categories

Post by Anontier1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi zimba,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for starting multiple threads.

1) I had a look through the link you sent me for the sage software but it does not specifically tell how to get the format ( as attached image shows) from Sage I'm aware of all the documents we need to submit but the one that is giving us trouble is the html/ xml format. Any thoughts or a know how of how to get them on sage?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:58 pm

This is an immigration forum not a Software support forum. You need to call and ask Sage directly how to get the data you want.
Rules do NOT require you send an RTI report in the XML format at all. You simply need to send RTI reports and your accountant should know how to get a print out of that. I suggest to contact Sage support directly and seek advice on how to get such report or data out.

More info on XML export: https://my.sage.co.uk/public/help/askar ... leid=23672
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Zimba,

I appreciate it is an immigration forum and not a software one. I think you are misunderstanding my problem as it is related to my immigration matters and it needs to be provided from a software.

The thread you sent isn't the one, but I found this one from 2014 that people have posted on uk-tier-1-entrepreneur-visas/rti-fps-t227205.html
You and others seem to be talking about raw formats and RTIs and I'm wondering is this is it.
I've already tried to speak to Sage, UKVI and HMRC and no one seems to know what I am asking for. Unless there is a specific type of term?

The example I was given essentially looks like coding and makes no sense to me at all.

I can't seem to attach the image to show you what I am looking for exactly looking for.

And I can't seem to view on the forum links where you have posted as it says I can't access those files.

Please request you to help me as I am so lost and I know these documents are crucial to submit.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Zimba and other moderators, please help. For some reason on another forum I've been locked and the person Bizman is trying to help me. i wanted to attach an image to see who else can help me with this. also I can't seem to use search and Zimba as you stated to look at the already posted forums I can't search either for eg sage and RTI xml and so on. Why has this happened?

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Re: XML format Sage payroll Manager

Post by Anontier1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 pm

To any of the forum members, are you able to help please from your own experience of submitting extension documents on how I can obtain this from Sage. The moderators have not been able to help.
TIA.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Re: RTI-FPS

Post by Anontier1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Zimba,

I write to your comment- copied below, you've helped someone with this query and I think this is what I'm looking for but I can't seem to view images. Please can you re-share?

Re: RTI-FPS
Post by Zimba » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Sage cannot produce an FPS report. It can only export the RTI information in raw XML format. XML is not human readable, that is why I suggest to get the XML data from your accountant and use Moneysoft to generate readable reports from them.
I attached an HMRC example of RTI FPS in XML format to this post. You can open this in a text editor and see the sample raw FPS data
FPS-Sample.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you.

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Re: XML format Sage payroll Manager

Post by jafersadeq » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:59 pm

Anontier1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:10 pm
To any of the forum members, are you able to help please from your own experience of submitting extension documents on how I can obtain this from Sage. The moderators have not been able to help.
TIA.
You need XML if you apply via super premium visa (the old name) when you want to get the decision within five days as normal. If you are seeking advice for that then you can ask Sage to inform you how to get XML files which already sent to HMRC. If you do not use the fast track application you do not need XML files, you need the FPS reports only.
If you get the XML files, you need to make it printable files by using another software to change the format.
So please tell us what do you want exactly to help you.
Thanks

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Thank you for your reply jafersadeq.

I am applying for my extension and among with all the other payroll activity ie payslips, RTPS the lawyers have specifically requested the XML/ html format of RTI submissions. I don't know how to paste an image in to the body of this image but I'd show you the example they've sent me. It looks like coding:
I'm typing/ copying the first line here for you to see what I mean:

>?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
>GovTalkMessagexmlns="http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/CM/envelope">

and it carries on for pages and pages.

We've called Sage and they had no idea how to help us but I do know it can be found as people have submitted them, but my accountants who manage my payroll don't have the time to look into this so I'm trying to see how I can make it easier for them to get the information.
Or perhaps I am not explaining properly what we need? Is there another term for this?

So a really silly question, if you say we need a software to make it printable? What does this mean? Can't we just copy the files into word or note editor?

Thank you very much for your help and apologies I'm not technically well versed to explain better.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:04 pm

Anontier1 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:43 pm
Thank you for your reply jafersadeq.

I am applying for my extension and among with all the other payroll activity ie payslips, RTPS the lawyers have specifically requested the XML/ html format of RTI submissions. I don't know how to paste an image in to the body of this image but I'd show you the example they've sent me. It looks like coding:
I'm typing/ copying the first line here for you to see what I mean:

>?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
>GovTalkMessagexmlns="http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/CM/envelope">

and it carries on for pages and pages.

We've called Sage and they had no idea how to help us but I do know it can be found as people have submitted them, but my accountants who manage my payroll don't have the time to look into this so I'm trying to see how I can make it easier for them to get the information.
Or perhaps I am not explaining properly what we need? Is there another term for this?

So a really silly question, if you say we need a software to make it printable? What does this mean? Can't we just copy the files into word or note editor?

Thank you very much for your help and apologies I'm not technically well versed to explain better.
Not sure why the lawyers are asking for XML/html version. There is no such requirement. The requirement is for an RTI/FPS document that provides at the minimum - all payments made to the employee and all deductions made.

Files attached in this forum have to be lesser than 150K.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:23 pm

I think they have recently seen an increase in HO asking for it after applications have been submitted so are just covering their tracks as a preemptive measure. Would you know how I can obtain this format for the files?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:53 pm

First of all DO NOT start new posts or tag your questions on old posts for this query :!: :!:

You seem to be fixated on this XML thing apparently because some lawyers demanded that from you. You need to understand that the rules simply require to produce your RTI submissions but do not specify a format. :!:
In some payroll Software, this is straightforward. They generate neat FPS reports which are human readable. But not all software generate neat FPS reports. However all payroll Software packages must submit their payroll data via RTI using a common standard which is in XML format (that is the unformatted raw data posted to HMRC). You may choose to submit this data in ANY format (e.g raw XML or other human readable reports) in any shape or form as long as all your RTI submissions are clearly there.

A sample of FPS report: http://www.moneysoft.co.uk/images/pm/de ... 47x957.png
An XML FPS sample: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 018-19.zip

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Thanks Zimba and sorry for hijacking the old threads, it wasn't intentional, I saw a similar thread so thought someone may have an answer to my query.
Yes I am fixated on it as it has been a crucial request to submit so I'd rather just provide it to them in the first instance to avoid any additional requests or rejections etc. Thank you for explaining it but to repeat my initial question is how would I find the raw xml files on sage? Or would it be on the HMRC PAYE platform?

In simple lay terms and processes,would one would go into the sage software payroll manager and click a specific link or download?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:38 pm

You are expected to satisfy UKVI as per immigration rules requirements, not some lawyer's view of what is expected from you.
I want to warn you that many Tier 1E migrants are routinely misadvised by the lawyers. We have seen several of such cases on the forum after they were refused visa due to incorrect advice.

I already shared a link above on from Sage software on how to export XML files which may be useful.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi Moderators,

Thanks for all the replies. I am asking a new question on the back of the original ones. If anyone has any feedback it'd be great to know your honest opinions.

Application has been submitted for the extension but I wondered if it is possible to let the current staff I have go and review the business model ( some changes need to be made) and hold off recruiting until a decision has been made? What are your thoughts for this, in essence it's more a concern for my staff in case if I don't get the extension then at least they are not thrown out overnight, bearing in mind they don't know a thing about the visa, and that way they can find new jobs guaranteeing them some stability?
Or do I carry on as is and the staff are collateral damage as part of this current set up? Very torn as I care about my team but at the same time am looking at it as this is business. TIA.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Anontier1 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:13 pm
Hi Moderators,

Thanks for all the replies. I am asking a new question on the back of the original ones. If anyone has any feedback it'd be great to know your honest opinions.

Application has been submitted for the extension but I wondered if it is possible to let the current staff I have go and review the business model ( some changes need to be made) and hold off recruiting until a decision has been made? What are your thoughts for this, in essence it's more a concern for my staff in case if I don't get the extension then at least they are not thrown out overnight, bearing in mind they don't know a thing about the visa, and that way they can find new jobs guaranteeing them some stability?
Or do I carry on as is and the staff are collateral damage as part of this current set up? Very torn as I care about my team but at the same time am looking at it as this is business. TIA.
There is no requirement under the immigration rules to keep staff employed. You are running a business and your actions should be in line with that. If interviewed, HO is likely to question this but you just need to be able to explain. Keeping employees on payroll twiddling their thumbs is possibly equally negative to letting them go, as far as genuineness is concerned - in my personal opinion
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:47 pm

Thanks Marcnath. That's why I am so torn as well! Ah, it's a right mess.

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 pm

What do you think of the new paragraph required by applicants to explain their job roles and day to day business running activities that came in on 29th March 2019?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:39 pm

Anontier1 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:57 pm
What do you think of the new paragraph required by applicants to explain their job roles and day to day business running activities that came in on 29th March 2019?
What does that have to do with your situation ?

Anontier1
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by Anontier1 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi all,

If the application at extension stage gets approved, then what are the next steps ie. can a business be changed to something else, can staff teams be changed or updated? Where can I find the most updated guidelines. I haven't heard back but I want to see and prepare a strong footing for going forward. And if I don't get it then it's simple as to just close and leave.

Thanks for your help!

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sun May 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Anontier1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 3:42 pm
Hi all,

If the application at extension stage gets approved, then what are the next steps ie. can a business be changed to something else, can staff teams be changed or updated? Where can I find the most updated guidelines. I haven't heard back but I want to see and prepare a strong footing for going forward. And if I don't get it then it's simple as to just close and leave.

Thanks for your help!
You can change business, staff, etc. at any time - there is no link to whether your extension gets approved or is in process or anything else.
You will always find the latest guidance at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur. You should always check before any application for updates