ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status processing times

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ag04959
Newly Registered

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am

Hi,

Although you don’t require to submit his identity but you should still submit a copy.

You can obviously apply now for pre settled status, later you can apply for settled status. It would be much more easier to get settled status for you if you have pre settled status , no one knows about brexit situation, but if you get the pre settled status now then regardless of brexit situation you you apply for settled status. You will be eligible for settled status on 19/04/2019

Daddou88
Newly Registered

Post by Daddou88 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:22 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:00 am
Hi,

Although you don’t require to submit his identity but you should still submit a copy.

You can obviously apply now for pre settled status, later you can apply for settled status. It would be much more easier to get settled status for you if you have pre settled status , no one knows about brexit situation, but if you get the pre settled status now then regardless of brexit situation you you apply for settled status. You will be eligible for settled status on 19/04/2019
T
Thank you
So you mean if I get pre settled status now I can re apply for a settled status after 1 month?
Also I have a stamped residence card and apparently the platform only accept BRC
Also most of peaple said they got just an email comfirming their status,willI get a biometric one by post?

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 pm

You need to wait as you can’t apply for now, you have to wait until schme opens fully for everyone.

If you got a valid Residency card on the passport or biomatric card then you may Only get confirmation via email

However if non Eu family member doesn’t have any biomatric card then he should be issued a card, but it won’t make any difference wheather you got residency card or a peice of paper, both will be valid!!

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:33 pm
You need to wait as you can’t apply for now, you have to wait until schme opens fully for everyone.

If you got a valid Residency card on the passport or biomatric card then you may Only get confirmation via email

However if non Eu family member doesn’t have any biomatric card then he should be issued a card, but it won’t make any difference wheather you got residency card or a peice of paper, both will be valid!!
So in my case i can apply. I have the RC stamped on my passport and i have been married for 9 yrs and some months. Can i have the website to make the application pls.

Uk2715
Ghana

Post by Uk2715 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Hugos wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 am
Uk2715 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:54 am
Hi guys,
I am wondering if i can apply for this settled status. I have a RC(sticker version) since 2011. When i got divorced in 2014 i was issued with ROR (sticker version) in April 2015 which will expire next yr. Since 2017 i have applied for PR 4 times and was refused 4 times.

Can i apply for this settled status? If i apply what will they grant me settled or Pre settled? If they grant me settled, do i still need to apply for PR?

Pls i need assistance.
Thanks.
All things being equal , one qualifies for settled status upon attainment of 5 complete years from date of marriage (if marriage occurred in the UK).

I would kindly suggest however though that based on your application history as highlighted above , It might also be worth addressing the reasons for your previous refusal as that would also determine what category you fit in at the moment.
Hello, i need your response on my reply to ur post. Thanks.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:40 pm

You can’t apply now, you have to wait until end Of this month.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Office.ho1

Use Samsung device to download above app

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:44 pm

After 56 calendar days after submitting my application without a decision or any attempt from the HO of contacting me whatsoever, I gave up and sent a formal question to the Home Office as to the status of my application. Thankfully there is an online form exactly designed to do that (you can select that you are inquiring about a submitted/ongoing application), so hopefully, that will do the trick and they will take a serious look at my case. I'm just in disbelief that you have to actually do that to make them process your case! Says I will get an answer in 5 working days, so will keep you posted.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Hi Kamoe, I have submitted this form 4-5 times but didn’t help that much . However, In my last form I requested to escalate my case formally to the senior manager, then one of the senior case workers rang me. I know couple of members have already filled this form, raising their serious concern and formal complaint. You have to be more formal while sending a form and should escalate your serious concerns. Hopefully after receiving so many complaints they may do something :) 😊

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:01 pm
You have to be more formal while sending a form and should escalate your serious concerns.
I was quite formal in asking a reason for the delay, that I had sumitted all reasonable proof requested, and that there had not been any attempts to contact me. Also, another member here said in this very thread that they had been told by the HO they they had 55 calendar days to issue a response, so that's why I waited for day 56. I have a strong argument.

Honestly I have no time to fill several forms, I'm in no rush and can't be bothered. They'll do it eventually, I just wished there was some clarity as to how long it will take.

Pfff. Just... pfff.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:19 pm

Good luck mate, I need to travel that’s why had to submit few forms, also their few responses were not satisfactory.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:58 am

kamoe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:16 pm
ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:01 pm
You have to be more formal while sending a form and should escalate your serious concerns.
I was quite formal in asking a reason for the delay, that I had sumitted all reasonable proof requested, and that there had not been any attempts to contact me. Also, another member here said in this very thread that they had been told by the HO they they had 55 calendar days to issue a response, so that's why I waited for day 56. I have a strong argument.

Honestly I have no time to fill several forms, I'm in no rush and can't be bothered. They'll do it eventually, I just wished there was some clarity as to how long it will take.

Pfff. Just... pfff.
Reply from the HO received this morning (I have replaced my personal info my XXXX, the real answer did quote my name and case number):
Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your question regarding your submitted application (reference XXXX).
We understand that you have not received any notifications about the progress of
your application.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. We appreciate
your patience and understanding during the pilot phase of the scheme.
Having checked our records, we can confirm that your application has been
submitted successfully. The caseworker acknowledged receipt of your valid
application via an email sent to you on 21 January 2019.

Your case is currently under consideration. You will be notified by the caseworker if
any additional information is required or when a decision is made.
Each application is considered on a case-by-case basis. We are unable to give a
timescale for completion, as we are in a pilot phase and are testing various elements
of the scheme functionality and processes in a live environment.
Rest assured that we will notify the caseworker of your email and
concerns.

Please wait to hear from the caseworker and follow their instructions when
prompted. Please ensure you check your Inbox, as well as your Spam and Junk Mail
folders regularly.

If you require further assistance regarding the EU Settlement Scheme, please do not
hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 7379. Our opening times are Monday to Friday
(8am to 8pm); Saturday and Sunday (9:30am to 4:30pm).

Yours sincerely,
EU Settlement Resolution Centre
UK Visas & Immigration

Daddou88
Newly Registered

Post by Daddou88 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am

ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:40 pm
You can’t apply now, you have to wait until end Of this month.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... Office.ho1

Use Samsung device to download above app
Has anyone tried to apply on the app with a non BRC?

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Dear xxxxx, Thank you for your question regarding your submitted application reference (xxxc) We apologise for any inconvenience and upset that may have been caused by the delay in processing your application, and we thank you for your patience during the pilot phase of the scheme. During the application process you applied for settled status and on 12 March, following a conversation with a case worker, in which you agreed that you are only eligible to apply for pre- settled status. Your application is currently on hold pending a policy review which will allow us to process the application with the correct outcome. Further details will be sent out to you regarding your application in due course. From the information that you have provided it would appear that you have a valid biometric residence card. You can continue to use this to prove your right to reside in the UK as you have done previously. Please be assured, this will enable you to travel in and out of the UK and therefore you are entitled to make any travel arrangements. EU citizens and their family members already resident in the UK by 29 March 2019 will be welcome to stay and we want them to do so. They are part of our community, and part of our country and we welcome the contribution that they make. As set out in the Statement of Intent there will be plenty of time for EU citizens and their family members to apply for their UK immigration status. There will be no change to their current rights under EU law until 31 December 2020, and the deadline for applications to the scheme for those resident here by the end of 2020 will be 30 June 2021. The pilot phase of the EU Settlement Scheme provides us with further insight on how the system performs and enables us to continue to develop and improve the system and therefore your feedback is appreciated. Our aim during the pilot is to prove the functionality of key components of the application process in a live environment. We are obtaining user feedback from real applicants, allowing us time to make any necessary adjustments that may be required before the scheme is opened fully by 30 March 2019. If you require further assistance regarding the EU Settlement Scheme, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 7379. Our opening times are Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm); Saturday and Sunday (9:30am to 4:30pm). UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its

Please tell me if I am wrong “ home office has put our applications on hold as they are waiting for the new policies “ I believe this is wrong as we have applied under the Eu settlement policies which are already there” I don’t really care about their policies, I need out come on the basis of policies which were there at the time of applications”

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:56 pm
Please tell me if I am wrong “ home office has put our applications on hold as they are waiting for the new policies “ I believe this is wrong as we have applied under the Eu settlement policies which are already there” I don’t really care about their policies, I need out come on the basis of policies which were there at the time of applications”
This has gone off-topic, and I have replied in the right thread here.

myouss
Newly Registered

Post by myouss » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:31 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:17 pm
ag04959 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:56 pm
This has gone off-topic, and I have replied in the right thread here.
Hi Kamoe,

I believe I am in the same situation as yourself.

I am family member with RC, my wife applied for settled status on 19/02/2019 and she got her settled status the day after, then I have applied on the day after for settled status while quoting her application no.

However, HO never replied so far.

I have been as a family member for only three years, but I have got seven years of NI records.

Please let me know if/once you have received any news. Thanks

wrony13

Post by wrony13 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi,
Thought i would share my experience here..after waiting for long time since 15th feb (applied with retained rights of residence card),made several inquiries via email and called today..and i was told i have wait till end of this month as applicants with retained rights of residence will be decided for their status with a new rules which will be made by end of this month..so much confused now.donno what to do.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi Wrony,

Personally, it was frustrating for me and not sure about other people. I have replied then back” requesting to decided my application on the basis of current guidelines and policy” I also wrote to them that I have applied after reading their policies on 21/01/2019 ( under pilot phase), under guidelines they haven’t mention that applications may be put on hold or decided on the basis of future policies. As per my understanding, they must decide the applictaion on the basis of current guidelines and policies.

My local MP has also wrote to them😊

P.s this is my own opinion and I felt to escalate so I escalated :)

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:00 pm

123Shak
Newly Registered

Post by 123Shak » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi Worny,
I have contacted my Local MP as well. Its good to get support from local MP you should write to your local MP.
check below what I wrote to my MP so you can get an idea.
Am waiting for reply from my MP.As its useless to contact resolution center.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I reside in your constituency and faithful supporter.

I have applied for EU settled status on 22/01/2019, I have a EU residency card under EU regulations ( Family member of EU national, retain rights). I have applied under the pilot phase as per home office current regulations and guidelines under the pilot phase. According to this scheme, all the applications should be processed within days or a maximum of 2 weeks where they need more evidence. It has been nearly 2 months and I haven’t got a reply from them, without reasonable excuse they are holding my application.

I have submitted my application after reading and considering Home office’s guidelines and policies.

Please, can you kindly escalate my concerns to UKVI, this causing me tremendous stress.

I authorise you to act on my behalf regarding my immigration case under EU settlement scheme.

Your sincerely
Name
Case no
Address
DOB

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:55 pm

123Shak wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 pm
According to this scheme, all the applications should be processed within days or a maximum of 2 weeks where they need more evidence.
Where does it say this? As far as I know, since the scheme is only in its pilot phase, this kind of promised maximum processing times have not yet been released: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... plications
Current expected processing times will start to be published on this page shortly.
Not saying the above is not annoying, just saying it's incorrect to say they have indicated any estimation whatsoever as of processing times. What has been published is actual average processing times, which is not the same, and does not indicate they are making a promise on it.
It has been nearly 2 months and I haven’t got a reply from them, without reasonable excuse they are holding my application.
There is a very efficient contact online form. It's not that they are not giving you a channel. I used it, and given it's only a pilot phase, I do find the delay reasonable. Again, I am also annoyed, but I fully understand we need to manage our own expectations.
I have submitted my application after reading and considering Home office’s guidelines and policies.

Please, can you kindly escalate my concerns to UKVI, this causing me tremendous stress.

I authorise you to act on my behalf regarding my immigration case under EU settlement scheme.

Your sincerely
Name
Case no
Address
DOB
I think the answers given by the Home Office won't be any different than what they can tell your MP until the scheme opens fully, I'm afraid.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:49 pm
Hi Wrony,

Personally, it was frustrating for me and not sure about other people. I have replied then back” requesting to decided my application on the basis of current guidelines and policy” I also wrote to them that I have applied after reading their policies on 21/01/2019 ( under pilot phase), under guidelines they haven’t mention that applications may be put on hold or decided on the basis of future policies. As per my understanding, they must decide the applictaion on the basis of current guidelines and policies.

My local MP has also wrote to them😊

P.s this is my own opinion and I felt to escalate so I escalated :)
When does your current RC expire? I just don't understand why you are so eage to get Pre-Settled status when maybe waiting until new policies mean you might get Settled Status?

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:05 pm

Dear Shak, I don’t know about others mate but i think you are right and it is not reasonable to hold our applications on the basis of future policies well everyone has their own opinion and you have expressed to them which is the right thing to do,👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

123Shak
Newly Registered

Post by 123Shak » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi Agoo4959,
Thanks for your suggestion and its really helpful to me as I just show my MP replied to help me with the application.

Regards!

leandroalemao
Newly Registered

Post by leandroalemao » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm

Settled status (EU National)
Applied - 6th March 2019 - 21:03
COA - 6th March 2019 - 21:04
Fees taken: No fees - Maybe because I've got EEA QP.
Settled Status Confirmation - Still waiting
Any paperwork/proof requested by HRMC - No
Any paperwork received - No

Gfc1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Gfc1 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi members
Hold retain rights of residence after devorce with eea national.
As i read the members post end of march new policies coming for ror holder.
In a big stress , as dont know what to do
Wait for end march or aaply now
Or
Make normal pr application under eea route

Any advice will be helpful
Thanks
Regards