ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

consev
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by consev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

I am currently employed on a Tier 2 General visa. I want to change to a new employer. I read in the forum that Tier 2 Change of Employment applications may be done within U.K. as extension. But I read in the guidance that extension cannot be used for change of employment.

"You must make an extension application if you need to extend your leave and you are
applying to continue in the same job for the same sponsor. You cannot apply for an
extension if you are applying from outside the UK, or switching from another category, or
changing employment (see above).
You should refer to paragraph 214 above for the total
amount of time leave can be granted for in each Tier 2 category."

The above guidance is after the recent update on November 2018. Can anyone confirm if we can still apply for Tier 2 General Change of Employment from within UK after November 2018?

Thank you!

consev
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 Change of Employment

Post by consev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:16 pm

Anyone who recently applied for Tier 2 Change of Employment after November 2018 please help.

Thanks!

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:39 pm

consev wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm
I am currently employed on a Tier 2 General visa. I want to change to a new employer. I read in the forum that Tier 2 Change of Employment applications may be done within U.K. as extension. But I read in the guidance that extension cannot be used for change of employment.

"You must make an extension application if you need to extend your leave and you are
applying to continue in the same job for the same sponsor. You cannot apply for an
extension if you are applying from outside the UK, or switching from another category, or

The above guidance is after the recent update on November 2018. Can anyone confirm if we can still apply for Tier 2 General Change of Employment from within UK after November 2018?

Thank you!
You misunderstood this paragraph here (but to be honest it is not very clear).

Here the extension means you extend to continue to work for the same employer, and your CoS will show it's an extending current job CoS, and your CoS will include info that you don't need RLMT

The change of employment application is still called "tier 2 extension" when you are applying, but your CoS will state it's change of employment CoS and will need to include information about RLMT;

When you apply for the visa online, it's all called "Tier 2 -- extension", but CoS info is different. Hope this makes sense.

To further make you rest assured, the highlighted information is not new, it's already there in January 2018, and I changed employment in May 2018.

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm

Can you please explain what is meant by "changing employment" in that paragraph? You mean it is not same as Tier 2 General Change of Employment but something else to do with extending from same sponsor?

Thank you very much! :)

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 pm

consev wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 pm
Can you please explain what is meant by "changing employment" in that paragraph? You mean it is not same as Tier 2 General Change of Employment but something else to do with extending from same sponsor?

Thank you very much! :)
Changing employment is changing your sponsor or changing your SOC

Your highlighted part should be explained as:
You cannot make an extension application to continue to work for your sponsor, when you are actually making an extension application to change your sponsor.

It is the same as Tier 2 General Change of Employment.

You will understand better when you are actually applying online. You will see there is no option as "Tier 2 General Change of employment" to start your application on the website. There is only "Tier 2 -- extension". That is what people mean by extension application. You get confused.

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your help! :)

dodzikojo
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by dodzikojo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Hi, i was just wondering if you had to wait for your visa to be approved before starting your new employment? or you can start will the application is being reviewed?

Regards

UKLL wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:39 pm
consev wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Thank you!
You misunderstood this paragraph here (but to be honest it is not very clear).

Here the extension means you extend to continue to work for the same employer, and your CoS will show it's an extending current job CoS, and your CoS will include info that you don't need RLMT

The change of employment application is still called "tier 2 extension" when you are applying, but your CoS will state it's change of employment CoS and will need to include information about RLMT;

When you apply for the visa online, it's all called "Tier 2 -- extension", but CoS info is different. Hope this makes sense.

To further make you rest assured, the highlighted information is not new, it's already there in January 2018, and I changed employment in May 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:35 pm

dodzikojo wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:25 pm
Hi, i was just wondering if you had to wait for your visa to be approved before starting your new employment? or you can start will the application is being reviewed?

Regards
You have to wait for your new tier 2 visa before you can start working for the new sponsoring employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:28 am

Hi,
Did you get reply from your visa?
Im still waiting

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:30 am

Hi Sandeep,

Not yet. I have not even received the delay email from UKVI. Did you receive any email from UKVI on the delay?

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm

No, I haven't got any reply. Solicitors escalated this on Monday. They sent email to homeoffice but no reply yet. its now 16 working days :cry: . Let me know when you get reply at send me email at email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm
No, I haven't got any reply. Solicitors escalated this on Monday. They sent email to homeoffice but no reply yet. its now 16 working days :cry: . Let me know when you get reply at send me email at email address removed by moderator
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules as you were required to do when joining the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm
Unfortunately I cannot see your email. I will update here if I get any response from UKVI. Would you kindly do the same if you get a reply before me? As you applied before me.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm

Yes, I will, no reply still

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:15 pm
Yes, I will, no reply still
Hi Sandeep.. any update on your application yet? I still haven't heard anything.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 pm

Hi,
Got email from solicitor that decision has been made, and documents will be sent in few days.
I hope its approved. Will let you know when I get documents in hand.
good luck.

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:02 am

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 pm
Hi,
Got email from solicitor that decision has been made, and documents will be sent in few days.
good luck.
Hi Sandeep.. thanks for the response. May I know when you got the mail? Was the mail a response to a query to UKVI or did UKVI send the mail on their own?

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 am

Hi,
I got email on yesterday 18 Mar 2019. It was reply from escalation email, which solicitors has sent on 11 Mar 2019.
Thanks

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:48 am

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:32 am
Hi,
I got email on yesterday 18 Mar 2019. It was reply from escalation email, which solicitors has sent on 11 Mar 2019.
Thanks
Thanks!! All the best to you..May I know the escalation email ID?

consev
Newly Registered
India

Post by consev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:17 pm

Sandeep5031 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:16 pm
Hi,
good luck.
Hi Sandeep.

I got my BRP today. Thanks for your help! I wish you good news soon.

Sandeep5031
India

Post by Sandeep5031 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi,
I have got mine too.

Thanks
Sandeep