ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Entry to Ireland - Maximum number of days within which one should return to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

haisure
Newly Registered
India

Re-Entry to Ireland - Maximum number of days within which one should return to Ireland

Post by haisure » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi - Am an Indian Citizen currently working in Ireland with valid critical skill workpermit (D Visa and has Multi Entry), am planning to visit India for short period of time.

what is the maximum number of days i can stay outside ireland in the current visa (or) maximum number of days before which i need to come back to Ireland to avoid any refusal at port of Entry ? have read some article that the maximum number of days i can stay outside ireland with the current visa is 90 days after which there will be a refusal at the port of Entry, is it true ?

when i have written to Re-Entry Queries <reentryqueries@justice.ie> with the above clarification, I have got response back as "Re entry into state is always at discretion of Immigration" which doesn't have any clear information. does it mean there will be always exception with valid reasons?

Thanks & Regards
Suresh

iceice304
Ireland

Re: Re-Entry to Ireland - Maximum number of days within which one should return to Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 pm

I always have multiple re entry visa for the last 5-6 years and each year I visited back home. I was never asked any questions at the port of entry about the number of days. On one occasion I had 3 or 4 days for my visa to expire and it was fine. I don’t think there is anything like maximum number of days spent outside the state. It should be within the expiry of visa and you are fine. However when someone applies for Naturalisation then they count total number of days per year spent outside the state.

haisure
Newly Registered
India

Re: Re-Entry to Ireland - Maximum number of days within which one should return to Ireland

Post by haisure » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:33 pm
I always have multiple re entry visa for the last 5-6 years and each year I visited back home. I was never asked any questions at the port of entry about the number of days. On one occasion I had 3 or 4 days for my visa to expire and it was fine. I don’t think there is anything like maximum number of days spent outside the state. It should be within the expiry of visa and you are fine. However when someone applies for Naturalisation then they count total number of days per year spent outside the state.
Thanks for your response, am not sure whether you have taken such a long vacation, I was just referring to the article from the URL which i mentioned in my original post
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Si ... ry%20Visas

"A multi entry visa permits you to travel to Ireland on a number of occasions during the dates shown on you visa, for short trips only. It is not permitted to use this category of visa to bypass immigration rules governing residency in the State i.e. it is not possible to remain in Ireland for a period of 90 days and then seek to re-enter the country for a further period of up to 90 days. Any abuse of this may result in you being refused entry at the port of entry or future visa applications being refused."

any thought about this detail? as am a multi entry visa permit holder and was mentioned about short trips only. any number of days upto 90 days should be considered safe at port of entry ? or is it specific to any specific visa types only ?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 pm

The link you have is for *entry* visas, not *re-entry* visas.

Re-entry visas do not have any restrictions as long as you come back before the visa expiry date. For multiple re-entry visas, this is normally the expiry date of your GNIB/IRP card.

Sajidkhankmc
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sajidkhankmc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:48 pm

Have you got any response about what to do if live outside Ireland for more than 90days? I m working in Ireland but my wife is facing this 90days issue. Will she be allowed at port or she needs new long stay visa again?