ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Intended Travel date and application processing

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Uk Spouse visa , Applicant residing in UAE

Post by Bahrainkhan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:16 am

Hello dears this is my first post in any discussion forum. I have read many posts in this forum and they were really helpful. I am in need of your expert opinions/experience. I got married in Pakistan in nov-2018, now my wife is in the UK and i am in UAE and we want to apply for the UK spouse visa for which we have already hired a solicitor there in the UK also. But the solicitor says that i will have to send them my original docs and they will apply for me and they will send all docs to shefield in the UK and i will only have to submit my passport to VAC in dubai. Is this possible ? As far as i know the applicant have to submit the docs to VAC in the country where applicant resides.
And also please let me know my marriage certificate is already english translated and its attested from Pakistan ministry of foreign affairs in pak. If i apply here in the UAE or maybe i need to send it to the UK to my solicitor do i need in any case to attest it from any where else or its enough.

Your valuable reply will be appreciated. Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Uk Spouse visa , Applicant residing in UAE

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 pm

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:16 am
And also please let me know my marriage certificate is already english translated and its attested from Pakistan ministry of foreign affairs in pak. If i apply here in the UAE or maybe i need to send it to the UK to my solicitor do i need in any case to attest it from any where else or its enough.

Original hand written Nikkah nama along with Nadra/union council issued English version of marriage certificate doesn't need any further attestation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Uk Spouse visa , Applicant residing in UAE

Post by Bahrainkhan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:13 am

Thanks Alot dear Seagul👍🏻👍🏻
I have my original hand written nikah nama also attested from minsitry of foreign affairs of pak. And i have translatted that through advocate and then attested that legal translation also from advocate and minsitry of foreign affairs of Pak... means i dont have that nadra issued english marriage certificate..
I could not get that as my wife nationality was afghan.

Please reply whether it will be fine...

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Appointment at VFS dubai for UK spouse visa

Post by Bahrainkhan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:46 am

Dear All respected and experienced members.
I have an appointment at VFS dubai wafi mall for my spouse visa application submission. Please let me know if they will ask me for any questions and also please share your experience what happens at the visa application centre at the appointment day at VFS dubai wafi mall for a UK spouse visa ??
Thanking you in advance for your valuable time 😊

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appointment at VFS dubai for UK spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:49 am

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:46 am
Dear All respected and experienced members.
I have an appointment at VFS dubai wafi mall for my spouse visa application submission. Please let me know if they will ask me for any questions and also please share your experience what happens at the visa application centre at the appointment day at VFS dubai wafi mall for a UK spouse visa ??
Thanking you in advance for your valuable time 😊
It is NOT an 'interview'. It is ONLY an application submission service at VFS, who are not HO staff.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Thanks Dear for your reply.
Can someone plz let me know about the decision response of spouse visas applied in UAE? Like i have an appointment at wafi mall on 13th march 2019. So when reply should be expected ??

Thanks and Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:56 am

A decision can take up to 60 days, often longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Spouse Visa Applied in Dubai

Post by Bahrainkhan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am

Dear Experienced members.
I submitted my documents, passport and Biometrics done for UK spouse visa in VFS dubai on 13th March 2019 and i received text from VFS the same day that your case has been forwarded to the UKVI. Please let me know when we can expect the decision.
I have applied as standard and not priority?
Please share your experience regaridng turnaround time for dubai.
Thanking you in advance 😇👍🏻

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:11 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:56 am
A decision can take up to 60 days, often longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

UK Spouse Visa English language Requirement

Post by Bahrainkhan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 am

Respected,
I have also fulfilled the english requirement through educational qualification.
I have provided below for that plz let me know will that be enough:
1. a copy of my BACHELOR(Hons 4 years degree)
2. Official Letter from my university that degree was taught in english
3. UK NARIC Statement of comparability which confirms that my degree is equivalent to a UK bachelor degree ( but it cost me only £58) is that okay????

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: UK Spouse Visa English language Requirement

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 am

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 am
Respected,
I have also fulfilled the english requirement through educational qualification.
I have provided below for that plz let me know will that be enough:
1. a copy of my BACHELOR(Hons 4 years degree)
2. Official Letter from my university that degree was taught in english
3. UK NARIC Statement of comparability which confirms that my degree is equivalent to a UK bachelor degree ( but it cost me only £58) is that okay????
You should create/continue into your own thread. Anyways, haven't you attached NARIC issued English proficiency letter which is mandatory along with NARIC statement of comparability report.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 am

SORRY dear as i am new to the forum thats why dont know how to reply to specific post/member.
And i have not provided english proficiency letter of NARIC, instead i have just provided NARIC statement of comparability and my spouse visa application is already submitted on 13th March 2019 at VFS dubai...🙃
Please let me know can this make trouble for me or can refuse my application ☹
Pleeeeeeeez let me know if its must then what should i do now ????

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:41 am

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:26 am

Please let me know can this make trouble for me or can refuse my application ☹
Pleeeeeeeez let me know if its must then what should i do now ????
Yes it will cause trouble and many members got refusal. Not sure whether sending them that missing letter before decision will work.

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:41 am

I think this requirement may depend on where you took your degree. If it was taken in the UK for example then it is already deemed as taught in English. There are a list of such countries within the guidance (FM, English Requirement Appendix - which I cannot find right now but they are all obviously English speaking countries - Canada may be excluded.)

Zeppi

PS Please do not rely on any info I provide - I am not an expert.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 pm

THANK YOU ZEPPI
Actually i have done my qualification in Pakistan , currently residing in UAE. So i provided a copy of my degree ,,official letter from my university stating that degree was taught in english and also i have taken UK Naric statement of comparability which confirms that my degree is equal to uk bachelors degree... but i read in some forum discussion that another Uk naric letter which english assessment letter or english proficiency letter etc is also required :( so now i am confused whether it will create problem☹

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:15 pm

Unfortunately I believe that you will have a problem. The list of countries that I was referring to, does not include Pakistan. You needed to provide the other NARIC document.

This was the list from FM-SE

"32. If the qualification was taken in one of the following countries, it will be assumed for the purpose of paragraph 31 that it was taught or researched in English: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the UK, the USA."

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Dear Zeppi thanks for your detailed reply.
So you mean the UK NARIC statement of comparability which i have already provided will not work for me☹

And if the other UK Naric letter is requuired , can we add that now to our application as my application is already submitted on 13th March 2019🙃
#feeling confused and dishearted☹

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:28 pm

It seems that the requirement is to provide specific NARIC evidence, that the degree was taught in English at or above the required (except if it was taken in the countries listed, which it wasn't).

Sorry but I am not the best person to provide options for your next steps.

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

UK Spouse visa, Sending Original Documents to Shefield in th UK

Post by Bahrainkhan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:58 am

Dear Expert Members,
I have applied for UK spouse visa at VFS dubai on 13th March 2019(Biometrics etc done at the same date). They just scanned my all documents and returned back to me all of my original and copies and just kept my passport with them. So please let me know whether any documents needs to be sent to shefield or not ? Either from my sponsor or me?
AlSO please share your timelines if anyone has applied for UK spouse visa from VFS dubai?

Thank You all for your time 😊

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UK Spouse visa, Sending Original Documents to Shefield in th UK

Post by Bahrainkhan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:58 am
Dear Expert Members,
I have applied for UK spouse visa at VFS dubai on 13th March 2019(Biometrics etc done at the same date). They just scanned my all documents and returned back to me all of my original and copies and just kept my passport with them. So please let me know whether any documents needs to be sent to shefield or not ? Either from my sponsor or me?
AlSO please share your timelines if anyone has applied for UK spouse visa from VFS dubai?

Thank You all for your time 😊
Waiting for your expert advice 🙃🤔 thanks

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Intended Travel date and application processing

Post by Bahrainkhan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Dear All,
I have submitted biometrics for my uk spouse visa on 13th March,2019 at VFS dubai and i have received no email from UKVI till now and i have mentioned 30th April 2019 as intended travel date.
So can anyone plz let me know whether they will process visa or contact me before my intended travel date or not ?

Thanks for your kind reply👍🏻

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Intended Travel date and application processing

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:01 pm

They will contact you when a decision is made. It could take 60 working days or it could take a lot longer, as many applicants have experienced.

UKVI do advise NOT to make travel plans until the outcome of your visa is known.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:01 pm
They will contact you when a decision is made. It could take 60 working days or it could take a lot longer, as many applicants have experienced.

UKVI do advise NOT to make travel plans until the outcome of your visa is known.
Dear CR001 thanks for your response

Bahrainkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Bahrainkhan » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm

I have submitted my biometrics for Uk spouse visa on 13th March 2019 at VFS dubai, today it has completed 1 month but till now i have not heard any news from UKVI.
Now i want to check status and wanta to email UKVI.
Please let me know whether its good impression or bad for our case if we tracking app status before the 60 day timeline. And is it good or not and can it affect the decision in any case

Rockinglove
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Rockinglove » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:43 pm

Bahrainkhan wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:18 pm
I have submitted my biometrics for Uk spouse visa on 13th March 2019 at VFS dubai, today it has completed 1 month but till now i have not heard any news from UKVI.
Now i want to check status and wanta to email UKVI.
Please let me know whether its good impression or bad for our case if we tracking app status before the 60 day timeline. And is it good or not and can it affect the decision in any case
There’s no issue to know the status of your application , but I personally it’s to early for u to chasing up , I’m on 58 working days . So it’s best for u to wait till ur 60 working days over ,otherwise all u get reply from them (I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision) Good luck . I know the exactly this waiting process is killing but that’s all we have to do .