ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Gfc1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by Gfc1 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:39 am

Hi members
Non eu hold brc after devorce on retain roghts base.
If i apply settled status,
Home Office require ex id and proof of residence
Or just mine will be enough?
I devorced in 2015
So no contact with ex anymore

Plzz help
Regards

kamoe

Re: Non-EU applications for Settled and Pre-Settled status - Criteria and outcomes

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Addressing what has become an off-topic discussion on the processing times thread:
ag04959 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:56 pm
Dear xxxxx, Thank you for your question regarding your submitted application reference (xxxc) We apologise for any inconvenience and upset that may have been caused by the delay in processing your application, and we thank you for your patience during the pilot phase of the scheme. During the application process you applied for settled status and on 12 March, following a conversation with a case worker, in which you agreed that you are only eligible to apply for pre- settled status. Your application is currently on hold pending a policy review which will allow us to process the application with the correct outcome. Further details will be sent out to you regarding your application in due course. From the information that you have provided it would appear that you have a valid biometric residence card. You can continue to use this to prove your right to reside in the UK as you have done previously. Please be assured, this will enable you to travel in and out of the UK and therefore you are entitled to make any travel arrangements. EU citizens and their family members already resident in the UK by 29 March 2019 will be welcome to stay and we want them to do so. They are part of our community, and part of our country and we welcome the contribution that they make. As set out in the Statement of Intent there will be plenty of time for EU citizens and their family members to apply for their UK immigration status. There will be no change to their current rights under EU law until 31 December 2020, and the deadline for applications to the scheme for those resident here by the end of 2020 will be 30 June 2021. The pilot phase of the EU Settlement Scheme provides us with further insight on how the system performs and enables us to continue to develop and improve the system and therefore your feedback is appreciated. Our aim during the pilot is to prove the functionality of key components of the application process in a live environment. We are obtaining user feedback from real applicants, allowing us time to make any necessary adjustments that may be required before the scheme is opened fully by 30 March 2019. If you require further assistance regarding the EU Settlement Scheme, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 123 7379. Our opening times are Monday to Friday (8am to 8pm); Saturday and Sunday (9:30am to 4:30pm). UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its

Please tell me if I am wrong “ home office has put our applications on hold as they are waiting for the new policies “ I believe this is wrong as we have applied under the Eu settlement policies which are already there” I don’t really care about their policies, I need out come on the basis of policies which were there at the time of applications”
Interesting. It would seem like they are about to change policies, and that they are now not so sure that Pre-Settled status is the right outcome in cases like yours/ours. Not so sure what to think of that. This does seem to back my original supposition that they don't know what to do with us, even if there appears to be a general guideline that dictates to only grant Settled Status if you have spent the 5 years as a family member. Or, it might be that whoever wrote the above doesn't know what they are saying, and used an unfortunate choice of words to mean something else. Not sure what is worse.

On the slightly bright side, this makes not much difference to wait since we already have a Biometric Residence Card, which is valid until at least 2020. Why rush to get Pre-Settled status if you already have a RC? The full scheme opening up soon (?) should bring some clarity as to what the policy is for family members and this will come before we even need to worry.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Getting pre settled means no need to submit so many evidence while applying for PR card and obviously it makes life so easier.

You are right as there is no point to rush, however the most annoying part is getting their unprofessional replies.

They should have told the same answer to everyone, they shouldn’t give different amateurs ro everyone😊

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:34 pm
Getting pre settled means no need to submit so many evidence while applying for PR card and obviously it makes life so easier.
In our particular case this is a non-issue as we already have RC.
They should have told the same answer to everyone, they shouldn’t give different amateurs ro everyone😊
I disagree. Our cases are similar, but you had a phone conversation with a case worker, and you were told you would get Pre-Settled Status, while I have not. I give them credit for personalizing each reply and including details of each case, this lets me know they are not sending the same standard reply to everyone and we can trust to some extent the accuracy of what they are saying.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:40 pm
ag04959 wrote:
And by the above I mean we can simply wait on our RC until we are eligible for Settled Status, why bother with Pre-Settled?

Daddou88
Newly Registered

Post by Daddou88 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:48 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm
kamoe wrote:
ag04959 wrote:
And by the above I mean we can simply wait on our RC until we are eligible for Settled Status, why bother with Pre-Settled?
I don’t think there will be new policies for settlement for EU and their families after 29th March,but I smell something dodgy in the pre settled status that could be subject t changes later on,also I have I have read onthe website that only applicant who applied after 30 march has the right to appeal a rejected decision,is it true?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Daddou88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:48 pm
kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm
kamoe wrote:
ag04959 wrote:
I don’t think there will be new policies for settlement for EU and their families after 29th March,but I smell something dodgy in the pre settled status that could be subject t changes later on,also I have I have read onthe website that only applicant who applied after 30 march has the right to appeal a rejected decision,is it true?
Last post by Obie.

eea-route-applications/home-office-conc ... l#p1752738

Statement of changes presented to parliament on 7th march.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... PRINT_.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mamalicious187
Gibraltar

Post by mamalicious187 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:24 pm

ag04959 wrote:

You are right as there is no point to rush, however the most annoying part is getting their unprofessional replies.

It is also a means to intentionally switch from EU Regulations to UK Immigration laws.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Dear Kamoe, I am not sure about you but yes I would struggle to get pay slips or other documents for my ex wife so there is a issue. Might be you don’t need to bother but yes for me it is very good to get this status’s under this status scheme i will be eligible of PR this year otherwise I have to wait for 2 years more, because my ex wasn’t excercising her treaty rights for sometime , but was employed at the time of divorce. This is my personal opinion and sorry 😐

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 pm

Also, not your case but yes there are few other people eg Shak , are on the same page and we were given different reply.

Reply might be personalised but can’t be different on every phone call or reply

You are right, now I won’t bother about this anymore:) I can wait 😊😊😊😊

123Shak
Newly Registered

Post by 123Shak » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Hi Guys,
I was catching up all the msg in the board. Yeah, Ag04959 is right I have called to resolution center and every time different reply. They were holding the application result bcos of some reason. Hope everything will be ok with all of us.
One guy from resolution accidentally told me that they were waiting for policy and that's the reason for the delay and then he covers up with some other things like every case is different and so on...

Regards!

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi
I would like to share my story it might be useful to anyone
I'm an Egyptian married to latvian woman we married in Egypt 2011 I came to England in March 2012 on family permit 6 months Visa I applied for residence card 4 month later after I arrived we all know how the home office insist no phone call to them during process your application but I had to call them to ask for my passport as no job accepting me without they see my original passport so I had to call them and three days later they sent me all my documents and passport without any residence or a decision I sent it back to them two months later they sent me my residence card printed on my passport my wife was pregnant and we had our child born in may 2012 but unfortunately our marriage didn't continue we separated in November 2012 (( very quick never expected that )) I got my 5 years residence valid from September 2012 to September 2017 I traveled many times after separation in and out UK everytime the immigration officer asking me where is my wife I answer we are separated we don't live together and they welcome in me and let me in with no issues or problems at all just before my residence card end I been to many solicitor asking what I have to do in order to get permanent residence card as I lived more than 5 years all together said no way and i will be refused and I only have one way to stay here if I did human right application in the court they let me down and I decided to apply for it by myself with no help from my ex I didn't gave them too much evidence actually I was ready to leave UK if that was the decision but I only gave them my marriage certificate as its still valid we arnt legally divorced after I did my biometric information I got it finally 😁😁 but it wasn't permanent it was only another 5 years residence plastic biometric card I said no problem at least I can stay near to my daughter but after the changes and scheme opened I gave it try and I applied In 2nd of January 2019
I been offered sattle status from my national insurance contribution but the application asked me for evidence of my wife p60 bank statement etc plus proof of relationship I only managed to send marry certificate no other evidence as she like most of European doesn't want to help after separation
After two weeks of my application submition I called them to say that my wife doesn't want to give me her documents or passport as we are separated they said we will put that in system for caseworker but I was expecting refusal but in 18 February 2019 I got the answer with accepting my application and granted sattle status . I'm sorry if it's long story but it might be helpful for someone good luck for everyone.
Kind regards

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:25 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:29 pm
Dear Kamoe, I am not sure about you but yes I would struggle to get pay slips or other documents for my ex wife so there is a issue. Might be you don’t need to bother but yes for me it is very good to get this status’s under this status scheme i will be eligible of PR this year otherwise I have to wait for 2 years more, because my ex wasn’t excercising her treaty rights for sometime , but was employed at the time of divorce. This is my personal opinion and sorry 😐
I'm not suggesting at any moment that you should not go for Settled Status. I'm saying that to apply for Settled Status you don't need Pre-Settled status (you can "jump" to it from your RC when you are eligible). Getting Pre-Settled status doesn't really get you anywhere closer to Settled status than you already are on your RoR RC.

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:54 pm
Hi
I'm an Egyptian married to latvian woman we married in Egypt 2011 I came to England in March 2012 on family permit 6 months Visa I applied for residence card 4 month later after I arrived we all know how the home office insist no phone call to them during process your application but I had to call them to ask for my passport as no job accepting me without they see my original passport so I had to call them and three days later they sent me all my documents and passport without any residence or a decision I sent it back to them two months later they sent me my residence card printed on my passport my wife was pregnant and we had our child born in may 2012 but unfortunately our marriage didn't continue we separated in November 2012 (( very quick never expected that )) I got my 5 years residence valid from September 2012 to September 2017 I traveled many times after separation in and out UK everytime the immigration officer asking me where is my wife I answer we are separated we don't live together and they welcome in me and let me in with no issues or problems at all just before my residence card end I been to many solicitor asking what I have to do in order to get permanent residence card as I lived more than 5 years all together said no way and i will be refused and I only have one way to stay here if I did human right application in the court they let me down and I decided to apply for it by myself with no help from my ex I didn't gave them too much evidence actually I was ready to leave UK if that was the decision but I only gave them my marriage certificate as its still valid we arnt legally divorced after I did my biometric information I got it finally 😁😁 but it wasn't permanent it was only another 5 years residence plastic biometric card I said no problem at least I can stay near to my daughter but after the changes and scheme opened I gave it try and I applied In 2nd of January 2019
I been offered settle status from my national insurance contribution but the application asked me for evidence of my wife p60 bank statement etc plus proof of relationship I only managed to send marry certificate no other evidence as she like most of European doesn't want to help after separation
After two weeks of my application submission I called them to say that my wife doesn't want to give me her documents or passport as we are separated they said we will put that in system for caseworker but I was expecting refusal but in 18 February 2019 I got the answer with accepting my application and granted sattle status . I'm sorry if it's long story but it might be helpful for someone good luck for everyone.
Kind regards
Hi, How long did it take to you get the settle status? I have applied for settle status too but was asked to provide my husbands proof of residence and his id copy and marriage certificate. Unfortunately I am not able to provide his documents as we have been seperated (we have been married since 2005 and was issued 3 times residence card sice then) and he is refusing to provide his dosc. I only have a copy of ID two copy of his p60, couple of payslips tv licence bill on his name. I have talked to a lawyer couple of times and was told that apperantly settle status does not cover situations like mine and he himself is not sure what would be the outcome. Does anyone have any idea if homeoffice have any guidence on the cases like mine?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm

marcia1234 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:29 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
I been offered settle status from my national insurance contribution but the application asked me for evidence of my wife p60 bank statement etc plus proof of relationship I only managed to send marry certificate no other evidence as she like most of European doesn't want to help after separation
After two weeks of my application submission I called them to say that my wife doesn't want to give me her documents or passport as we are separated they said we will put that in system for caseworker but I was expecting refusal but in 18 February 2019 I got the answer with accepting my application and granted sattle status . I'm sorry if it's long story but it might be helpful for someone good luck for everyone.
Kind regards
Hi, How long did it take to you get the settle status?
It took 48 days to get it
I have applied for settle status too but was asked to provide my husbands proof of residence and his id copy and marriage certificate.
They asked me to but I only sent them my marriage certificate
Unfortunately I am not able to provide his documents as we have been seperated (we have been married since 2005 and was issued 3 times residence card sice then) and he is refusing to provide his dosc. I only have a copy of ID two copy of his p60, couple of payslips tv licence bill on his name. I have talked to a lawyer couple of times and was told that apperantly settle status does not cover situations like mine and he himself is not sure what would be the outcome. Does anyone have any idea if homeoffice have any guidence on the cases like mine?
I can't answer the rest as I'm not professional, good luck

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:40 pm
marcia1234 wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
Kind regards
I have applied for settle status too but was asked to provide my husbands proof of residence and his id copy and marriage certificate.
Unfortunately I am not able to provide his documents as we have been seperated (we have been married since 2005 and was issued 3 times residence card sice then) and he is refusing to provide his dosc. I only have a copy of ID two copy of his p60, couple of payslips tv licence bill on his name. I have talked to a lawyer couple of times and was told that apperantly settle status does not cover situations like mine and he himself is not sure what would be the outcome. Does anyone have any idea if homeoffice have any guidence on the cases like mine?
Thank you so much.

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
marcia1234 wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
Kind regards
Maybe they were able to find your wife's proof of residence through automated checks and maybe she has herself applied too and granted settle status so you did get yours too. Do you think that might be possible? I am asking because I have received another email today and they are asking now his proof of residence between april 2019 till march 2019 ( which is three years and three months) and my 5 years. In the firs email they just asked 5 years residence without mentioning certain dates and his copy of Id, now it seems like they do not need his copy of id and only last three years of proof of his residence.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:06 am

marcia1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
marcia1234 wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Hi
Kind regards
Maybe they were able to find your wife's proof of residence through automated checks and maybe she has herself applied too and granted settle status so you did get yours too.
Aye maybe I never asked her so

Do you think that might be possible? I am asking because I have received another email today and they are asking now his proof of residence between april 2019 till march 2019 ( which is three years and three months) and my 5 years. In the firs email they just asked 5 years residence without mentioning certain dates and his copy of Id, now it seems like they do not need his copy of id and only last three years of proof of his residence.
Are you sure he is still in UK? Or he might be not here ? Or he didn't work to track his national insurance contribution?

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 am

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:06 am
marcia1234 wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
marcia1234 wrote:

Maybe they were able to find your wife's proof of residence through automated checks and maybe she has herself applied too and granted settle status so you did get yours too.

Do you think that might be possible? I am asking because I have received another email today and they are asking now his proof of residence between april 2019 till march 2019 ( which is three years and three months) and my 5 years. In the firs email they just asked 5 years residence without mentioning certain dates and his copy of Id, now it seems like they do not need his copy of id and only last three years of proof of his residence.
Are you sure he is still in UK? Or he might be not here ? Or he didn't work to track his national insurance contribution?

marcia1234
Newly Registered
Armenia

Post by marcia1234 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 am
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
marcia1234 wrote:
Fbiboy2002 wrote:

Yes He is still in UK and yes he was in and out of jobs so Ther might not be able to find NI contrubutions through their checks. The strange thing is that they are asking last 3 years and three months of his proof of residence instead 5 years. That means they have done some check, but I have not give them his NI Number. I id called the resolution center and was told that the reason that they are asking betwwen april 2016 till march 2019 was they were not able to track his footsteps after 2016 april.So either they check him by name without NI number though I am not sure if its possible or he himself applied but still only they can check by his name. Because If I remember correctly I only gave his name and adress when I was filling up the online form. Did you give them any other details apart from name of your wife and her address?
I think your wife was working and making NI contributions for the last five years because as I said even though i did not gave them his NI number and the application is mine not his they still made some checks on his name.

Fbiboy2002
Mood:

Post by Fbiboy2002 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:45 pm

marcia1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:18 pm
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 am
Fbiboy2002 wrote:
marcia1234 wrote:

Yes He is still in UK and yes he was in and out of jobs so Ther might not be able to find NI contrubutions through their checks. The strange thing is that they are asking last 3 years and three months of his proof of residence instead 5 years. That means they have done some check, but I have not give them his NI Number. I id called the resolution center and was told that the reason that they are asking betwwen april 2016 till march 2019 was they were not able to track his footsteps after 2016 april.So either they check him by name without NI number though I am not sure if its possible or he himself applied but still only they can check by his name. Because If I remember correctly I only gave his name and adress when I was filling up the online form. Did you give them any other details apart from name of your wife and her address?
I think your wife was working and making NI contributions for the last five years because as I said even though i did not gave them his NI number and the application is mine not his they still made some checks on his name.

No I haven't gave them anything a part from marriage certificate nothing else I think they know my x partner national insurance number from my residence card I think everything all information would be in their system specially if we are a non EU citizen I wish someone have answers for your questions would help you more . Best of luck

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm

Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Years in UK: 9.5
Years on EEA RC/FP: 3
Applied: 21.01.2019
Status offered: Settled
Outcome: Still waiting
Date of outcome: Still waiting
Me (non EU husband) and my wife (eu Wife) just applied last night 18.02.19
she is here 4.6 years and i have selected pre settle status for which she got it next morning pre settled status with COA straight away via Email.
i have selected settled status as i am here since 2011 though we meet when she came for me to uk and we were in distance relation for more the 5 years anyway we got married in october 2015 and i have got my RC in dec 2015..i have got COA straight away via email....
NOWWWWW i am waiting for the decision.... i have no idea how long it gonna take and what status they will offer me pre or settle have no idea... ideally pre settled as i think about RC issue date in 2015...
anyone with same situation or any news having same situation please? thank for reading
Hi Amir,

Have you heard back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin

Martin2421
Newly Registered
China

Post by Martin2421 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:08 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm
kamoe wrote:
Because I see this is causing confusion, the above means that I was informed my application would be considered for Settled status. This does not mean I was granted Settled status. My application is still in process.
Hi Kamoe,

Have you heard anything back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:08 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm
kamoe wrote:
Because I see this is causing confusion, the above means that I was informed my application would be considered for Settled status. This does not mean I was granted Settled status. My application is still in process.
Hi Kamoe,

Have you heard anything back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin
Only that my fees have been refunded and should see them within 10 days (as I suppose everyone else has heard). Nothing regarding my application itself. Not holding my breath, not in a rush.

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Martin2421 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:06 pm
Amirkhan042 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:37 pm
kamoe wrote:
I'd like to build a picture of how Settled and Pre-Settled status criteria is applied to non-EU family members of EU citizens. There has been a lot of speculation in different topics, regarding maximum waiting time, and what exactly counts towards the 5 years to be granted Settled Status.

Could any non-EU people having gone through the Settled Status application please share their outcome and circumstances as below?

For example, mine are:

Me (non EU husband) and my wife (eu Wife) just applied last night 18.02.19
she is here 4.6 years and i have selected pre settle status for which she got it next morning pre settled status with COA straight away via Email.
i have selected settled status as i am here since 2011 though we meet when she came for me to uk and we were in distance relation for more the 5 years anyway we got married in october 2015 and i have got my RC in dec 2015..i have got COA straight away via email....
NOWWWWW i am waiting for the decision.... i have no idea how long it gonna take and what status they will offer me pre or settle have no idea... ideally pre settled as i think about RC issue date in 2015...
anyone with same situation or any news having same situation please? thank for reading
Hi Amir,

Have you heard back from HO yet?

thanks
Martin
Hi Martin,
No! unfortunately nothing so far!!
I will share here if I come across any reply from HO. I have called them once and realised calling them will not help me as they been told just wait.