ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

right to reside check

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

curtailment letter

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 am

Hi there. its been 2 months since i resigned however i have yet to receive my curtailment letter- does every tier 2 visa that is cut short definitley receive a curtailment letter?

in addition what happens if i want to travel and re-enter the uk in this period post receiving a curtailment letter? can i re enter?

im on a tier 2 general visa

vinny

Re: curtailment letter

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 am

m786 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 am
Hi there. its been 2 months since i resigned however i have yet to receive my curtailment letter- does every tier 2 visa that is cut short definitley receive a curtailment letter?
No.
m786 wrote:
can i re enter?
No. Note that Curtailment letter is unnecessary for refusing entry, as your circumstances and purpose have changed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:57 am

hey vinny, thanks so much. \
the first answer im slightly not sure off, i should receive a curtailment letter? is it abnormal for it not too have been received in two months?

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:06 am

thank you for answer 2, what happens if i travel before receiving the curtailment? what happens if it arrives whilst im outside the uk. can i re-enter.

vinny for number 1 , i have read the terms, i resigned in a normal circumstance from my work. nothing out of the ordinary. so i should expect a curtailment i believe? and is it possible that it can take longer then 2 months?

lastly the cooling off period, does it apply if i return to my home country. and after 2/3 months having access to the 200k and a acceptable business plan apply for a entrepreneurial visa(tier 1)

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

curtailment and travel

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 am

what happens if i travel before receiving the curtailment? what happens if it arrives whilst im outside the uk. can i re-enter.

i have read the terms, i resigned in a normal circumstance from my work. nothing out of the ordinary. so i should expect a curtailment i believe? and is it possible that it can take longer then 2 months?

lastly the cooling off period, does it apply if i return to my home country. and after 2/3 months having access to the 200k and a acceptable business plan apply for a entrepreneurial visa(tier 1). is the cooling off period only

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:21 am

vinny wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 am
m786 wrote:
No.
m786 wrote:
can i re enter?
No. Note that Curtailment letter is unnecessary for refusing entry, as your circumstances and purpose have changed.
Please do click on vinny's links provided. You risk not being allowed to re-enter the UK as your circumstances have changed, as the link will explain.

Kindly also keep all questions on the same issue in one topic. All topics now merged.

Cooling off period ONLY applies to Tier 2 General and NOT to changing to Tier 1 Entrepreneur.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: curtailment and travel

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:15 pm

thank you so much for that advise.

i will not take the risk and leave!

lastly, i havent received the curtailment in 8 weeks monitoring daily, do you suggest i do something or keep waiting- is it normal?
ive not changed address in 2 years. and the details up to date....

the cooling off period starts 60 after the last day of your curtailment, or does it start the final day you leave the uk or of your curtailment?

this is such a helpful awesome platform you guys rock!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:19 pm

The 60 days curtailment period is completely separate to the 12 month cooling off period.

Curtailment starts from date of letter.

12 months cooling off starts from date you leave the UK, regardless of curtailment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:17 pm

is there anything i should do in relation to not receiving the curtailment yet.. how long till i should worry somethings wrong?

ah thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 pm

Curtailment letters can take a while to get sent out.

Are you looking for another sponsor in the mean time?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:46 pm

yes like crazy! so perhaps the longer the curtailment letter takes the better! ahah

if i dont get something before my visa is curtailed, the window period wouldnt apply to either a tourist or a entrepreneurial visa, am i right yeah?

leaning towards if not getting a job, coming back after a month or two arranged the funds and a business plan and applying for an entreprenuerial visa...

Thank you so much for this, honestly...

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:47 am

Curtailment letters for routine tier 2=cases are not readily sent out in less than 12-14 weeks at the moment. Priority is given to licence revocation for any tiers and tier 4 individual student cases. BUT it does vary so take this as a best guess.

No letter in your case is a good thing.

Returning on a visit visa after curtailment or worse still in a curtailment period will be tricky. The obvious question would be what is the reason and given your status under tier 2 that you would need to return. It is not a reason to refuse it but it is very likely to be an interview before grant.

Application for Tier 1 Ent will not be affected in any way as it is a total change of route and has pretty strict rules to qualify.
Have you looked at the new criteria?

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 am

Thank you, and yes i agree its a good thing...

You still dont recommend i travel before or in case the curtailment drops whilst im not in uk?

Ah the new criterai, im guessing you talking about the staup up and innovator cisa, do you anticipate this may be slightly easier then the old system? in addition even for this there wouldnt be a cool off period?

It also seems as right now the rules and regs are nor fully available i guess in the coming weeks it will be better understood....

Thank you very much again! you guys are super

jmmelons
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by jmmelons » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:23 pm

m786 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:09 am
Thank you, and yes i agree its a good thing...

You still dont recommend i travel before or in case the curtailment drops whilst im not in uk?

I am in the same situation but my previous employer has not yet informed the UKVI that I no longer work for them. Situation is the same as yours @m786 where I resigned and did all the normal things.

I would like to know that given they have not yet told UKVI, so there is no curtailment and therefore no cooling off period. Can I travel in those circumstances?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:01 am

Both - travel at your own risk. If you are out the country when the curtailment team come to look at your case - they have access to the airline and sea port electronic passenger departure information and you are noted as out of the country - there is no curtailment letter. The system goes straight to immediate curtailment, with no 60 day letter etc

You turn up to an airport in the UK - sorry sir / madam your BRP / visa has been cancelled..... the next flight home is at x o’clock.

Your call guys 🙈

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

no curtailment letter

Post by m786 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:55 am

2 months passed since i resigned, still no curtailment letter- starting to worry? any suggestions.. i really dont want to overstay and cause future issues. however im desperate to fully use the process to find a new employer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:47 am
Curtailment letters for routine tier 2=cases are not readily sent out in less than 12-14 weeks at the moment. Priority is given to licence revocation for any tiers and tier 4 individual student cases. BUT it does vary so take this as a best guess.

No letter in your case is a good thing.

Returning on a visit visa after curtailment or worse still in a curtailment period will be tricky. The obvious question would be what is the reason and given your status under tier 2 that you would need to return. It is not a reason to refuse it but it is very likely to be an interview before grant.

Application for Tier 1 Ent will not be affected in any way as it is a total change of route and has pretty strict rules to qualify.
Have you looked at the new criteria?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

right to reside check

Post by m786 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:13 pm

hey all, sorry for the question, i want to know how or is there a way i can check my CUURENT right to reside in UK . for example ive left my job , never received my curtailement yet but just to ensure eveything is perfect is there a way i can check my current statue, maybe online or through the phone?

thank you for you continuos help

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: right to reside check

Post by m786 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi good people, Im really starting to worry its been 14 weeks and no curtailment letter, any ideas? Ive written to the manchester team and tried calling the home office. Is there something else i can do to check my status. Ive never moved from this address, and check the mail daily!

I understand its a good thing to not have it yet as it gives me time however I REALLY want to be sure I will not overstay.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:11 pm

I wish there was a self check service. It would help those that want to stay within the law, even if it were a charged for service.
The issue is the security checks and system to do it.

m786
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by m786 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:41 pm

any suggestions?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 pm

There is no way to find out other than attempting to contact the Home Office to verify if a curtailment notice has been sent. The chances of getting through to someone that is able to deal with the request is minimal at best, then you run up against the security and data protection issues to prove who you are.

The better route is to approach your MP to see if they can help. The trouble with that it is likely to speed curtailment as basically that is what your question is - where is my curtailment notice?