ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aziqbal

Re: Advice on filling form AN for naturalisation

Post by aziqbal » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 pm

we sent the certificate off when we applied for indefinite leave to remain

now for naturalisation they are asking for the number which was on the letter

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:06 pm

aziqbal wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:03 pm

Did you not keep a copy of your ILR application form or anything??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aziqbal

Post by aziqbal » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:06 pm
aziqbal wrote:

no we didn't we didn't think they would ask again for naturalisation

anyhow I just called the home office and the lady told me that they ask for the UK life in the uk test number on the printed form but not on the online one

so we are doing the paper one first to get the information together then the online one later

so I guess we don't need to submit uk test number for online one but she said include cover letter saying you sent it off for indefinite leave to remain and they can always then check
25/04/2011 applied 15/07/2011 Refused
28/09/2011 Acknowledgement Letter received
13/04/2012 Court hearing decision overturned
25/05/12 Call letter recieved
30/05/12 Passport submitted
08/06/12 Passport stamped and returned

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:22 pm

aziqbal wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:20 pm
CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:06 pm
aziqbal wrote:

no we didn't we didn't think they would ask again for naturalisation

anyhow I just called the home office and the lady told me that they ask for the UK life in the uk test number on the printed form but not on the online one

so we are doing the paper one first to get the information together then the online one later

so I guess we don't need to submit uk test number for online one but she said include cover letter saying you sent it off for indefinite leave to remain and they can always then check
The online form and paper form are different. Paper forms were withdrawn in November last year. Suggest focus on doing only the online form. You can save and continue as you progress.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by alsanober » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello Guys,

There is a question in Previous applications section where it say "Name in which you made the application". I suppose it's asking for my name but the reason why i am confuse is i have made 8 applications since 2006 both within UK and aboard, but online form doesn't ask for visa type. whether it was student visa, PSW etc. just asks for reference and date.

am i correct in saying i just type my name in which the application was made?

Thanks

Tatyana555
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by Tatyana555 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of filling out my application online and I have a question that I need help with, please.

How much do I need to pay? Do I need to calculate together fee for handling and processing an application £1330 and Citizenship ceremony fee £80, and it will be £1410

Or Citizenship ceremony fee £80 I will pay if my application is successful.

Or Naturalisation fee (£1330) to include citizenship ceremony fee

Please help me as I am confused.
Thank you very much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Tatyana555 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Hello all,

I am currently in the process of filling out my application online and I have a question that I need help with, please.

How much do I need to pay? Do I need to calculate together fee for handling and processing an application £1330 and Citizenship ceremony fee £80, and it will be £1410

Thank you very much.
The £1330 includes the ceremony fee of £80!! It excludes the ukcvas sopra fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

geod
Newly Registered
Mood:
Greece

Post by geod » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:52 pm

Hi to all,

have just finished with "Request personal information held in the borders, immigration and citizenship system" (https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration) with all official paperwork required - loads of travels which was not tracking down for the last 6 years..

anyone has recent experience? do they reply within 2-3 months?

if so, with what kind of info and how much detailed do they provide you with?

thanx guys

G

kajis

Post by kajis » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi members,
I am filling the online form bit confused when filling biometric details they asking to submit your biometric card with the application in this case i would have no original proof left behind.. like in paper form it says therre is an option that to check that '' I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home
Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may
receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.''
advise please what to do further more can i still use paper form for naturalisation as its still at gov.co.uk site
thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 pm

kajis wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:43 pm
Hi members,
I am filling the online form bit confused when filling biometric details they asking to submit your biometric card with the application in this case i would have no original proof left behind.. like in paper form it says therre is an option that to check that '' I confirm that if granted British citizenship I must return the BRP to the Home
Office within 5 days of receiving the grant of citizenship and if I fail to do so I may
receive a financial penalty of up to £1,000.''
advise please what to do further more can i still use paper form for naturalisation as its still at gov.co.uk site
thanks in advance
If you apply online, you can submit and pay then use the new UKCVAS service to scan your original documents and enroll your biometrics. You get to keep hold of your originals. Once you have attended your ceremony, you send BRP back.

If you apply by post, you still have to send your original documents to HO which they hold onto until a decision is made. The bit you quote was relevant to the NCS/NDRS service (now closed) at the Local Council offices.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:10 am

Hi,

I am filling new online form for British Citizenship through naturalisation.

On Previous Employment details section it is forcing me to add the start date and end date for all my past employments, whereas for the current employment it "let me to add MONTH and YEAR"

Did anyone else faced same, what can we do if we don't remember exact start date and end dates ?

Thanks,
Sri.

kajis

Post by kajis » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:10 am
Hi,

On Previous Employment details section it is forcing me to add the start date and end date for all my past employments, whereas for the current employment it "let me to add MONTH and YEAR"

Did anyone else faced same, what can we do if we don't remember exact start date and end dates ?

Thanks,
Sri.
I just put roughly date and month you should do the same because if you request HM Revenue for the employment history it shows only the years not months and date senior member plz advise if i am wrong

kajis

Post by kajis » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 pm
Tatyana555 wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.
Hi,
i did not get these figure only i get is £1330 fees +19.20 for bio metric there is no citizenship ceremony fee option i saw . Or its is going to shown when i pay these fees first??
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm

kajis wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tatyana555 wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.
Hi,
i did not get these figure only i get is £1330 fees +19.20 for bio metric there is no citizenship ceremony fee option i saw . Or its is going to shown when i pay these fees first??
thanks
Did you read my response to the other user??? IT INCLUDES THE CEREMONY FEE!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kajis

Post by kajis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am

Members Again,
I got 3 points and penalty in 2007 for speeding which is obviously spent and paid. i checked with DVLA they said your record is clear , i insist to her that i need all record and date she said they dont have data saved after 4 years??
My question is that do i still need to mention this to my application as it is almost 12 years now
plz advise
Thanks

kajis

Post by kajis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:46 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm
kajis wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:31 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tatyana555 wrote:
Hello all,

Thank you very much.
Hi,
thanks
Did you read my response to the other user??? IT INCLUDES THE CEREMONY FEE!!
sorry Got it !
Thanks

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:08 pm

kajis wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Sri.
I just put roughly date and month you should do the same because if you request HM Revenue for the employment history it shows only the years not months and date senior member plz advise if i am wrong
Thanks Kajis, I too thought of putting rough dates but not sure if it is a good practice and if they do checks they might get mismatches. As you said I will wait for senior members to advice.

srivisaN

Post by srivisaN » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:18 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:08 pm
kajis wrote:
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Sri.
Thanks Kajis, I too thought of putting rough dates but not sure if it is a good practice and if they do checks they might get mismatches. As you said I will wait for senior members to advice.
Just now saw relevant info on below thread, I think we are good to go with approx dates.

british-citizenship/non-eu-familiy-meme ... 77390.html

kajis

Post by kajis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:59 pm

srivisaN wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:18 pm
srivisaN wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:08 pm
kajis wrote:
srivisaN wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
Sri.
Just now saw relevant info on below thread, I think we are good to go with approx dates.

british-citizenship/non-eu-familiy-meme ... 77390.html
Great, make sure don't do mistake in years as they might concern about the tax year not the date ..

kajis

Post by kajis » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm

kajis wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 am
Members Again,
I got 3 points and penalty in 2007 for speeding which is obviously spent and paid. i checked with DVLA they said your record is clear , i insist to her that i need all record and date she said they dont have data saved after 4 years??
My question is that do i still need to mention this to my application as it is almost 12 years now
plz advise
Thanks
Sorry Members any advise please its not the relevent thread but as a part of form filling just wanted to know as its been ages do i still need to mention thanks in advance.

Ditka16
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Ditka16 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi All,
I hope you will be able to help. I've had refused AN application about 5 years ago due to good character ( I haven't had 10 year clear entry) on refusal letter was state to reapply afte 8th April 2019. Just wonder if I can still use the same B1 level language ? Can I use paper form ? Solicitor is going to check my application.

sweet fatima

Post by sweet fatima » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm

hi can someone breifly explain what is the next step after being granted ilr 5 years spouse route.

how do we apply for British citizenship. is it all online again similar to ilr. which documents do we need?

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:47 am

sweet fatima wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:08 pm
hi can someone breifly explain what is the next step after being granted ilr 5 years spouse route.

how do we apply for British citizenship. is it all online again similar to ilr. which documents do we need?

thanks
You should continue your questions in your existing topic you have.

british-citizenship/when-can-u-apply-fo ... l#p1674014
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sedi007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Sedi007 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi all,

I have found answers on this forum to most of my questions which I had for filling the naturalization online form. I have few questions left which I cannot find the answers on the forum and would really appreciate if someone could help:

1) The section where we have to list all the trips taken abroad: I took a trip where I left UK on 08-01-2017 for turkey and then from turkey left for Pakistan on 10-01-2017 and came back from PAK to UK on 12-02-2017. The input for trip details has a drop down menu to choose a country where I chose Turkey and entered the depart date but what should I enter as the date I came back? as I did not return from turkey to UK I continued my trip to Pak. for the second leg of the trip I can make another new trip,in that I can enter country as Pakistan from drop down menu and Dept.date as:10-01-2017 and return date as 17-02-2017.

2) I visited UK in 1996 when I was 10 year old on my mothers passport. Will this application still be counted as my application to the HO? as my name was on the application but application was made by my parents. And my father does not remember the date or month of the application, he only remembers the year. Will it be enough?

3) I do not remember about the exact dates of some other applications made in 2007 and 2013 and the dates when biometerics were taken. As those dates are optional(If known) will it affect my application negatively? (I can give the month and year but not the exact day).

4) also, is it alright to put in the BRP card number/visa number in the application reference tab while providing info for the previous applications.

I'll be thankful if someone has answers to my questions.

Many thanks,
SH

Tmuch
Newly Registered

Post by Tmuch » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:16 pm

Hello guys
Sorry to bother you all, am just worried as I came in the uk in Nov 2013, and the family reunion visa we were on expired but could still work and study while waiting for the new visa. We then got ILTR in June 2014.

My question is when do my 5 years start. Is it November that I got here or June when we got Indefinite.

Thank you so much.