ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could you please advise settled status holder can bring mother on long holiday?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hanihani
Chile

Could you please advise settled status holder can bring mother on long holiday?

Post by hanihani » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Hello
I'm from middle east, wife is EU national we both have settled stautes granted recently

We have 2 kids and My partner is pregnant , we can't afford to have a carer because she is not feeling well and needs alot of help with school runs, house duties etc
We would like to bring my mother for few months

Could you please advise me if any of us can?

If yes which route can we take? And can we apply here in the UK?

Thank you

kamoe

Re: Could you please advise settled status holder can bring mother on long holiday?

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:26 pm

What's your mother's nationality?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

hanihani
Chile

Re: Could you please advise settled status holder can bring mother on long holiday?

Post by hanihani » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:12 am

Thanks

She is also middle eastern, because I'm too.
She never travelled abroad before

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:25 am

hanihani wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:12 am
She is also middle eastern, because I'm too.
"Middle eastern" is not a nationality. It's a regional origin. I'm asking for her specific country of origin.

different rules apply to different countries, even within the same region. That's why it's important you specify.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

hanihani
Chile

Post by hanihani » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm

Thanks for your help but I think this is irrelevant, non EU means non EU, and I'm asking about the process of inviting a non EU family member from outside the EU through EU routes as a SS holder, so you going about demanding nationally isn't helping , what would make a difference id my mother, lebanese, Jordanian, Egyptian etc

You trying to help I appreciate but never mind

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 pm

hanihani wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm
Thanks for your help but I think this is irrelevant, non EU means non EU, and I'm asking about the process of inviting a non EU family member from outside the EU through EU routes as a Surinder Singh route holder, so you going about demanding nationally isn't helping , what would make a difference id my mother, lebanese, Jordanian, Egyptian etc

You trying to help I appreciate but never mind
Why do you reference 'Surinder Singh' route in most of your posts?? How is this relevant if you are married to an EU (non British) citizen??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:18 pm

hanihani wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm
what would make a difference id my mother, lebanese, Jordanian, Egyptian etc
You can get an electronic visa waiver (EVW) instead of a visa if you are a national of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar or the United Arab Emirates. You must pay £15 for an EVW.