ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding solicitor’s initial fact find: Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ms1993
Member of Standing

Advice on What's App conversation

Post by ms1993 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

I have a query on how the What's App conversation should be presented, I seem to be coming across conflicting information.
1) Should the number of the person I am communicating with show on What's App in the chat log or the person's name? Bearing in mind, that when you go into the contact information, if the name is saved, it will show name as it saved in my idiot-phone but then the number underneath that it is attached to
2) At the moment, I'm taking screenshots of 3-4 per day spanning over the last four months, with Whats App time stamp showing. Is this enough?
3) Whats App chat export: is this credible? Again should other person's/number be shown? If this is acceptable, should messages be removed leaving only time stamps?
(I suppose screenshots could supplement this, of course I can't show full content of all messages!)
4) I have instructed a solicitor's firm. The firm suggested that we need to prove the numbers are attached to us. For example, I'm on a monthly debit, I can request my phone contract to prove the number is mine. However, he is on PAYG and this may not be possible (he's currently in Ireland) but when he returns to Pakistan, he will get a SIM card there once he has shown his NADRA card so may be be able to prove ownership via this method for remainder of the conversations. Does anyone know if this is actually necessary?

(Ps. Admin: I had another account but Ii forgot the password, I have tried to reset many occasions, but have not received any contact).

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Advice on What's App conversation

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm
I have a query on how the What's App conversation should be presented, I seem to be coming across conflicting information.
1) Should the number of the person I am communicating with show on What's App in the chat log or the person's name? Bearing in mind, that when you go into the contact information, if the name is saved, it will show name as it saved in my idiot-phone but then the number underneath that it is attached to
2) At the moment, I'm taking screenshots of 3-4 per day spanning over the last four months, with Whats App time stamp showing. Is this enough?
3) Whats App chat export: is this credible? Again should other person's/number be shown? If this is acceptable, should messages be removed leaving only time stamps?
(I suppose screenshots could supplement this, of course I can't show full content of all messages!)
4) I have instructed a solicitor's firm. The firm suggested that we need to prove the numbers are attached to us. For example, I'm on a monthly debit, I can request my phone contract to prove the number is mine. However, he is on PAYG and this may not be possible (he's currently in Ireland) but when he returns to Pakistan, he will get a SIM card there once he has shown his NADRA card so may be be able to prove ownership via this method for remainder of the conversations. Does anyone know if this is actually necessary?

(Ps. Admin: I had another account but Ii forgot the password, I have tried to reset many occasions, but have not received any contact).
1. Either (name/number) should be fine
2. No fixed limit rather depends on each case so try to take snapshots as much as you can. Yes whatsapp own time stamp is fine.
3. Don't export/email whatsapp chat as it can be edited easily so wont be much credible. Snapshots are better.
4. Just attach telephone bill from your side that will show your calls to him/her
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 pm

I think your solicitor is over complicating the matter.

For my wife’s initial spouse visa from Pakistan we included:

1) A call log from my mobile number, highlighting all voice calls made. A reference in the covering letter to explain these calls were to my wife.

2) Around 12 WhatsApp screen shots (covering a month) each of which showed my wife’s name at the top and also the date/time.

I did not include call log or WhatsApp screen shots from my wife’s side.

I doubt home office will investigate who actually owns a phone number unless they had reason to believe the application was a sham.

js19931
BANNED

Post by js19931 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:27 am

Thank you! I did think it’s a bit overkill as all our conversations are by What’s App - including calls so I could only provide that via screenshots... And show his side if necessary to prove calls were to that number.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 am

ms1993 wrote:
I(Ps. Admin: I had another account but Ii forgot the password, I have tried to reset many occasions, but have not received any contact).
Kindly decide which you username you wish to keep otherwise both will be banned.

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:32 am
ms1993 wrote:
I(Ps. Admin: I had another account but Ii forgot the password, I have tried to reset many occasions, but have not received any contact).
Kindly decide which you username you wish to keep otherwise both will be banned.

announcements/multiple-member-id-s-t11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
ms1993 please

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:41 am

ariamus wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 pm
I think your solicitor is over complicating the matter.

For my wife’s initial spouse visa from Pakistan we included:

1) A call log from my mobile number, highlighting all voice calls made. A reference in the covering letter to explain these calls were to my wife.

2) Around 12 WhatsApp screen shots (covering a month) each of which showed my wife’s name at the top and also the date/time.

I did not include call log or WhatsApp screen shots from my wife’s side.

I doubt home office will investigate who actually owns a phone number unless they had reason to believe the application was a sham.
Ariamus - could I please ask what else you submitted to prove genuine/subsisting relationship?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Query regarding solicitor’s initial fact find: Spouse Visa

Post by ms1993 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi again everyone

I’d like to sense check the checklist my solicitor has sent across for me to complete to provide background information. A lot of it seems fairly self explanatory apart from a couple...

My fiancé returned to Pakistan (from Ireland)
1) Please provide his bank statements - is this necessary? He’s only just opened his account in Pakistan
2) Is he working? He’s only just returned so he isn’t. I was advised by a friend that I should begin to send him money to prove I am supporting him. Is this necessary?
3) His two passport photos - I thought this had changed?
4) Does he intend to work here and what as? Is this asked in the application - what do I say? Whilst he isn’t working - he will be supported by me on his arrival
5) asked if he and I are related - does this matter

Any thoughts would be very welcome

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query regarding solicitor’s initial fact find: Spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:46 pm

1) Please provide his bank statements - is this necessary? He’s only just opened his account in Pakistan
Irrelevant to a fiance visa application. Only the UK sponsors statements are relevant unless you are relying on savings.
2) Is he working? He’s only just returned so he isn’t. I was advised by a friend that I should begin to send him money to prove I am supporting him. Is this necessary?

Not relevant and no.

It varies.
4) Does he intend to work here and what as? Is this asked in the application - what do I say? Whilst he isn’t working - he will be supported by me on his arrival

Think the work question is asked but not type of job.
First cousin, second cousin.......or.......? Is this an arranged marriage or did you fail in the Irish immigration (to bypass the tougher UK immigration) given that you posted in that sub forum too?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi again everyone

I’d like to sense check the checklist my solicitor has sent across for me to complete to provide background information. A lot of it seems fairly self explanatory apart from a couple...

My fiancé returned to Pakistan (from Ireland)

Any thoughts would be very welcome

No. This is a first U.K. Spouse following his Tier 4 and extended family member.
This is arranged - with agreement that he would return back to his home country as I would not move to Ireland, I have a really decent job here within the public sector with financial responsibility too so wasn’t feasible.

I wouldn’t say we’re directly related as first cousins or even second? We have a lot of family ties and he is my grandfathers sister in law’s nephew so a bit of a long winded relationship - should that be included and if so - how is that described? I actually don’t know!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

No. This is a first U.K. Spouse following his Tier 4 and extended family member.
On the visa application form you/he need to give honestly all of his travel history/previous visa applications for any country.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:28 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:58 pm

On the visa application form you/he need to give honestly all of his travel history/previous visa applications for any country.
Thanks Seagul- fully aware of the disclosure needed hence all previous posts to try and understand exactly how the previous EEA application was made/under what category etc so I’m in a much better informed position now. Although pending at the time; it is now withdrawn so this will be clearly stated too.