ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on Filling the AN Natrulisation Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yusufkhan1987

Advice on Filling the AN Natrulisation Form

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:01 pm

Hi all,

My wife has been granted ILR as we have received the email confirmation but are yet to get the HO letter and ILR Card but hopefully they will arrive within a week. She was granted this via Spouse visa on a 5 year route and has not left the country e.g. on any Holiday hence she has been a permanent resident for all 5 years.

I have a number of questions in relation to Naturlisation which I need advice on and would be grateful if they can be answered individually.

1. If I apply AN online can I use Sopra Steria again for document checking upload service and biometric enrolment like she did for ILR?
If so how much is the fee excluuding the current £1330 Naturalisation Fee. e.g. what is the Sopr Steria Fee?

2. If I apply online can I use the Post Office Bimoetric Enrolment? If so do I need to send my original documents to HO seprately? (Please let me know if by doing the hard copy is the only way you can do bimoetric at the Post Office?)

3. When sending all the documents do they all have to be original? E.g. what needs to be original and what does not?

List of what is original and what can be photcopied?:-

Wife NI letter, Wife ILR Card, Wife HO Letter, Life UK, B1 certificate, Marriage Certficate, Wife Pakistani Birth Certificate, Wife Passport Current and Expired to prove the date of entry, Wife is a house wife so no employment history hence I a'm presuming section 1.45 can be left blank e.g section 10 and husband payslips don't need to be sent?
Partner Passport, Council Tax, NHS letters for Section 3, Is there anything I have missed?

4. If I use the Post Office does she Enrol our Bimoetric first and then send the application with it? Or do we send the application first online and then enrol at the Post Office later?

5. When Submitting online and you don't use Sopra Steria do we print out the Online Application Completed and send the form with the documents separately and then enrol at post office for your biometrics?

6. The referee section:- If you do it online do we have to print the form out twice and ask the referee to sign the form individually or is there two PDF we can print out separately and they can sign it and we just need to send one form to HO?

7. Section 7.10 do we leave blank as if you think you have met all criteria or do we still tick it?

8. section 6.13 states date fingerprints taken so this confusing and suggest to me you have to submit your fingerprints alongside then send the form? HoweverI have read somewhere you submit the form then you get a Home Office Letter to do you Bimoetrics? Please clear this up?

9. 6.11 I don't mind if HO keeps the ILR card and Letter if successful however if not sucessful then I don't want them to keep it what is best here NO and then manually destory it?

10. My wife did her Biometric for ILR so not sure why the card is not sufficent and the Bimoetric has to be done again for AN?

11. I'am presuming my wife can apply striaghtaway as she is a resident for 5 years and got ILR and never left the country?

12. Do you still get a physical photo for online application and then apply it or is this digital?

13. Parents details she has only the Father details and Passport and not Mother should this be left blank?

Kind Regards

wahi66
BANNED

Re: Advice on Filling the AN Natrulisation Form

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 am

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:01 pm
Hi all,

My wife has been granted ILR as we have received the email confirmation but are yet to get the HO letter and ILR Card but hopefully they will arrive within a week. She was granted this via Spouse visa on a 5 year route and has not left the country e.g. on any Holiday hence she has been a permanent resident for all 5 years.

I have a number of questions in relation to Naturlisation which I need advice on and would be grateful if they can be answered individually.

1. If I apply AN online can I use Sopra Steria again for document checking upload service and biometric enrolment like she did for ILR?
If so how much is the fee excluuding the current £1330 Naturalisation Fee. e.g. what is the Sopr Steria Fee?

sopra steria appointment starts from free.

2. If I apply online can I use the Post Office Bimoetric Enrolment? If so do I need to send my original documents to HO seprately? (Please let me know if by doing the hard copy is the only way you can do bimoetric at the Post Office?)

yes when sending online application with existing service. documents originals only

3. When sending all the documents do they all have to be original? E.g. what needs to be original and what does not?

all originals

List of what is original and what can be photcopied?:-

Wife NI letter, Wife ILR Card, Wife HO Letter, Life UK, B1 certificate may not be needed if same used for ILR, Marriage Certficate, Wife Pakistani Birth Certificate, Wife Passport Current and Expired to prove the date of entry, Wife is a house wife so no employment history hence I a'm presuming section 1.45 can be left blank e.g section 10 and husband payslips don't need to be sent?
Partner Passport, Council Tax, NHS letters for Section 3, Is there anything I have missed?

only highlighted documents needed

4. If I use the Post Office does she Enrol our Bimoetric first and then send the application with it? Or do we send the application first online and then enrol at the Post Office later?

you can only get the bio-metric letter after submitting the application online.

5. When Submitting online and you don't use Sopra Steria do we print out the Online Application Completed and send the form with the documents separately and then enrol at post office for your biometrics?

no need to send the filled application form

6. The referee section:- If you do it online do we have to print the form out twice and ask the referee to sign the form individually or is there two PDF we can print out separately and they can sign it and we just need to send one form to HO?

both forms are same.

7. Section 7.10 do we leave blank as if you think you have met all criteria or do we still tick it?

8. section 6.13 states date fingerprints taken so this confusing and suggest to me you have to submit your fingerprints alongside then send the form? HoweverI have read somewhere you submit the form then you get a Home Office Letter to do you Bimoetrics? Please clear this up?

this is regarding history of previous finger prints done in the past. not for the current application.if you submit the application online with existing service you will get the biometric letter straightway.

9. 6.11 I don't mind if HO keeps the ILR card and Letter if successful however if not sucessful then I don't want them to keep it what is best here NO and then manually destory it?

they will send the ILR back if refused. but better to distory yourself and send them back after success.

10. My wife did her Biometric for ILR so not sure why the card is not sufficent and the Bimoetric has to be done again for AN?

its a standard procedure.

11. I'am presuming my wife can apply striaghtaway as she is a resident for 5 years and got ILR and never left the country?

only if you hold British citizenship.

12. Do you still get a physical photo for online application and then apply it or is this digital?

not sure what do you mean physical photo. by i guess you are referring to saving the PDF file of your application which is yes you can.

13. Parents details she has only the Father details and Passport and not Mother should this be left blank?

yes possible to skip passport detail but obviously name have to enter.

Kind Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:42 am

Regarding the Question Below and Answer:-

this is regarding history of previous finger prints done in the past. not for the current application.if you submit the application online with existing service you will get the biometric letter straightway.

Please clarify the below:-

What do you mean by "if you submit the application online with existing service you will get the biometric letter straightway"? What you referring to with Existing Service? Is this Sopra Steria? Also what do you mean straighaway? So if I submit online a biometric letter is emailed to me immediately what do you mean by this?

Regards

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:49 am

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:42 am
Regarding the Question Below and Answer:-

Please clarify the below:-

What do you mean by "if you submit the application online with existing service you will get the biometric letter straightway"? What you referring to with Existing Service? Is this Sopra Steria?
Also what do you mean straighaway? So if I submit online a biometric letter is emailed to me immediately what do you mean by this?

Regards
no sopra steria is new service. online with existing service means you submit and pay the application online and then bio-metric letter will be issued online straightway. then you go to post office to make the bio-metric done and send all the relevant documents to home office.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:54 am

OK sound simple enough print the PDF forms for referee and submit this too.

So glad the Biometric Letter you get straightaway I thought it will take a while, will this be emailed or will it be part of your login https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk

Thank you.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 am

Also Question 12,

I meant if the post office is taking your photo and biometrics after I submit online then why do I need to take a passport photo and sign and name and date it and send it with the application? I hope this make sense or when you are filling the application online do we make JPG passport photo size and submit it online?

Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:15 am

I have read on some forums you receive an acknowledgement letter and not a Biometric Invitation Letter straightaway? Is this the same for Online aswell as Postal?

Please clear this up if you sumbit the online application do you wait 2-4 weeks for the Biometric Invitation Letter to arrive and then go to the Post Office and send all documents alongside taking your biometrics?

Regards

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:33 am

you are mixing up different method. postal is old service now and doest not exist for normal applications.

when you fill up all the form online, you will have two options

1.existing service
(this what i explained)
bio-metric will be produced online straightaway.

2.New service (sopra steria)

thanks and regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:58 am

OK I get that part and also realised the online form the biometric letter is produced straightaway as you pay.

The final part of my question and I am good to go is the photgraph question:-

When I am filling out the application online I'am presuming they will ask me to upload a photo whilst doing the applicaton either a jpg or PDF file? If not then is this part of your bimoetrics at post office where you will be giving a photo anyway? Or do I need to go to a photobooth get hard copies and when I am sending my original documents I send this with it?

Regards

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 am

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:58 am
OK I get that part and also realised the online form the biometric letter is produced straightaway as you pay.

When I am filling out the application online I'am presuming they will ask me to upload a photo whilst doing the applicaton either a jpg or PDF file? If not then is this part of your bimoetrics at post office where you will be giving a photo anyway? Or do I need to go to a photobooth get hard copies and when I am sending my original documents I send this with it?

Regards
no need to upload photo. you only need two passport size photograph for the reference form. thats all.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:57 am

If you are British and she is applying based on spouse of BC, you need to submit your British passport and your marriage certificate as well.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:57 am
If you are British and she is applying based on spouse of BC, you need to submit your British passport and your marriage certificate as well.
Hi CR001,

Will I have to submit a photocopy of my passport or give the original? You are correct that is the basis of her application.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:56 am

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:51 am
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

Will I have to submit a photocopy of my passport or give the original? You are correct that is the basis of her application.

Regards
Scanned if applying using UKCVAS.

Copy if applying by post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:56 am
yusufkhan1987 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

Regards

Thank you CR001, I am filling out the online AN form and have come up with questions which need clarifying.

1. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship? My wife has had only one passport ever which is Pakistani so I answered NO to this? Is this asking for additional citizenship beside Pakistani? I gave details in the section do you have a valid passport previously.

2. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? I gave the three the Islamabad K445, FLR(M) and Set (M) details here.

Name in which you made the application? Is this referring to applicant name or the visa type? e.g. Set (M)

also Enter your reference number if known? Is this referring to the number that you got granted e.g. BRP number or the Booking Reference Number? They are two different things.

Kind Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:28 am

wahi66 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:46 am
yusufkhan1987 wrote:

Regards
no need to upload photo. you only need two passport size photograph for the reference form. thats all.
Thank you wahi66, I am filling out the online AN form and have come up with questions which need clarifying.

1. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, any other nationality or citizenship? My wife has had only one passport ever which is Pakistani so I answered NO to this? Is this asking for additional citizenship beside Pakistani? I gave details in the section do you have a valid passport previously.

2. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? I gave the three the Islamabad K445, FLR(M) and Set (M) details here.

Name in which you made the application? Is this referring to applicant name or the visa type? e.g. Set (M)

also Enter your reference number if known? Is this referring to the number that you got granted e.g. BRP number or the Booking Reference Number? They are two different things.

Kind Regards

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:55 am

yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:28 am
wahi66 wrote:
yusufkhan1987 wrote:

Regards
Thank you wahi66, I am filling out the online AN form and have come up with questions which need clarifying.

if you gave the pakistani details then you are right NO

yes right

this is the case ID usually printed right side of the home office comunication.

Kind Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:03 am

wahi66 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:55 am
yusufkhan1987 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:28 am
wahi66 wrote:
yusufkhan1987 wrote:

When I am filling out the application online I'am presuming they will ask me to upload a photo whilst doing the applicaton either a jpg or PDF file? If not then is this part of your bimoetrics at post office where you will be giving a photo anyway? Or do I need to go to a photobooth ge hit hard copies and when I am sending my original documents I send this with it?

Regards

if you gave the pakistani details then you are right NO

yes right

this is the case ID usually printed right side of the home office comunication.

Kind Regards
Hi Wahi66,

I am still not clear on the following questions please clarify:-

1. Name in which you made the application?
Is this refering to applicant name or the visa type e.g Set(M)

2. Enter your reference number if known? Is this referring to the number that you got granted e.g. BRP number or the Booking Reference Number? They are two different things.

Your answer below:-
The case id what is this? As on the home office letter it is just the BRP number?

Regards

yusufkhan1987

Post by yusufkhan1987 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:56 am
yusufkhan1987 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Hi CR001,

Regards

Hi CR001,

I am still not clear on the following questions please clarify:-

2. Enter your reference number if known? Is this referring to the number that you got granted e.g. BRP number or the Booking Reference Number? They are two different things.

The answer below given previously:-
The case id what is this? As on the home office letter it is just the BRP number?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Applicant name.
BRP number.
The answer below given previously:-
BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)