ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accepted Professions (sticky)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tzima
Newly Registered

Re: Accepted Professions (sticky)

Post by tzima » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Alex,

I used my landlord as the professional referee, but that was because he was the director of the letting agency. (registered VAT company)

On page 24 of the document below they say you can use a fire service official, or a nurse (RN, SEN or holder of a BA in nursing):
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi tzima,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding my question, like I’ve mentioned before one of them is a nurse in a hospital and the other one not only that he’s a fire officer but he is also my landlord but as far as I’m aware he uses an agent when he deals with tenants and stuff like that, but according to your answer I should be ok with them two.
At least I took another stone of my heart now and don’t need to worry about this.

Regards,
Alex

Issa123
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by Issa123 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi

One of the acceptable professions on list is a Minister of a recognised religion

I googled it and gave this,
In Christianity, a minister is a person authorized by a church, or other religious organization, to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.

Can I use Buddhist monk who is from a Buddhist temple in the UK(also a British citizen)

thanks

Anthony2
Newly Registered

Post by Anthony2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am

Can someone please advise.

Anyone know if or used a Head Librarian as a professional referee for Naturalisation application?
They work for the council. I know it is not on the official list but it does not list every single profession allowed otherwise it would be too long.

I did ring the passport office to check if they could be used as a countersignatory and was told it was probably okay but could not give me a definite answer. Maybe I need to check what qualifications they have first.

Thanks.

Ity699
Newly Registered

Post by Ity699 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:21 pm

HI all

Having looked at the accepted professions list I cannot see a biomedical scientist on the list, can someone tell me.of this will be accepted as the professional referee

Thanks

j4mrk82
Newly Registered

Post by j4mrk82 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 am

Is a lawyer excepted as a professional referee for naturalization?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 am

j4mrk82 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:29 am
Clearly stated on the list on page one of this topic. However they must have known you for 3 years and it cannot be the lawyer helping representing you for the application. Also cannot be related to you through blood or marriage.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j4mrk82
Newly Registered

Post by j4mrk82 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 am
j4mrk82 wrote:
Clearly stated on the list on page one of this topic. However they must have known you for 3 years and it cannot be the lawyer helping representing you for the application. Also cannot be related to you through blood or marriage.
I thought that was a solicitor? Ain't a lawyer different profession?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:04 am

j4mrk82 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:23 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 am
j4mrk82 wrote:
I thought that was a solicitor? Ain't a lawyer different profession?
Lawyer and solicitor are the same thing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

j4mrk82
Newly Registered

Re: naturalization

Post by j4mrk82 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Can you still travel when your naturalisation application is in process? Will it effect your application? As I'm planning of going to turkey for holiday for week.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: naturalization

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:41 pm

j4mrk82 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:38 pm
Can you still travel when your naturalisation application is in process? Will it effect your application? As I'm planning of going to turkey for holiday for week.
Yes, you are free to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Puczini
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by Puczini » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:56 pm

Does anyone know if a CBT therapist working in NHS and who is a member of BABCP would be accepted as a professional?

gij007oo
Mood:

Post by gij007oo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:13 am

Can a 'sales manager' of a recognised organisation be a professional referee?

I have never worked at his organisation but I know this person very well and vice versa since a very long time

Please please do reply. Thank you.

Ity699
Newly Registered

Post by Ity699 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:05 pm

HI all

I have a professional referee who is a qualified solicitor but currently is unemployed, can this person still be my professional referee??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Ity699 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:05 pm
HI all

I have a professional referee who is a qualified solicitor but currently is unemployed, can this person still be my professional referee??
There is no requirement that they must be employed. They need to be a professional and a member of their field regulatory body and also cannot be a solicitor representing you for your application form AN.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pradkpm
Newly Registered

Post by pradkpm » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Hello Gurus,

Please let me know if software engineer can be a referee for my MN1 British nationality application?

As per the below document, under section ‘Acceptable professional persons’ means:
they have listed engineer (with professional qualifications)

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 1.0EXT.pdf

So I guess, Software engineer with profession qualifications can be a referee?

Could you please confirm?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes as long as they hold professional qualifications like being a Chartered Engineer. A University degree is not viewed as a professional qualification though in this context
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rahul_stb
Newly Registered

Post by rahul_stb » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi, For my ILR->Naturalisation application I am thinking to use Local town councillor as professional referee, Is that good? I find this list from google search but not sure about its authenticity, Please advise!

https://www.gov.im/media/624353/listofreferees.pdf

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Yes it is ok
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Alewidnow
Newly Registered

Post by Alewidnow » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:48 am

Hi there,

Can someone please help, I have two possible referees and am not 100% sure if they would be okay.

One is an office manager in a private school and the other is a manager/owner in their own shop.

Looking in the guide is states 'director, manager or personnel officer of a VAT registered company', so if the companies are VAT registered then I assume they would be okay. Even though they have no professional qualifications as such.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm

The manager means the person in charge of running the company not any position titled manager in the business

Alewidnow
Newly Registered

Post by Alewidnow » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:21 am

Zimba wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:04 pm
The manager means the person in charge of running the company not any position titled manager in the business
Thanks for the reply.
So would the person who manages and runs their own shop be okay then? I hope so.

It's so hard to find someone, my optician and dentist won't help. I also know a librarian who works for the council but someone asked earlier about a head librarian and their was no reply.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Shop owners are mostly sole traders and do not work via a VAT registered company.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:57 pm
Shop owners are mostly sole traders and do not work via a VAT registered company.
However a shop owner who has a Personal Licence (if the shops sells alcohol they would), then they can be a referee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

pdeepcares120L
Newly Registered
India

Post by pdeepcares120L » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:41 am

.1 One referee should be a person of any nationality (Indian Pakistani etc)who has professional standing, such as
a minister of religion( i found one head priest of our Community Prayer Hall), civil servant ( government official/worker), or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or solicitor (who is not representing you with this application).more examples Doctors dentist nurse child visitor ( if they are happy to help)
Though you can find any of these professionals in you community praying halls like Temple mosque Gurudwara Mandir etc.....

The other referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport( my nice British neighbour next door) and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
Both should declare that:
• they are not a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
• they are not employed by the Home Office
• they have not been convicted of an imprisonable offence (unless that conviction can be disregarded in line with the table shown in section 9 of Booklet AN)
• they have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
• they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
• they will advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be naturalised
1s