ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Documents to submit for Brit citizenship when Using the new service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

london7733
Newly Registered

Leave the country after applying for citizenship?

Post by london7733 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi Guys

My wife has got all the paperwork ready to apply for citizenship but now she has to visit her home country for a couple of months. (wife of British citizen)

Can she apply for citizenship before she leaves or does she need to be in the country during that period until the naturalization process is completed?

Kind regards

Kas

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Leave the country after applying for citizenship?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:23 pm

She can travel after the application and biometrics have been submitted, best using a UKVCAS appointment..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

london7733
Newly Registered

Re: Leave the country after applying for citizenship?

Post by london7733 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:56 am

Thank you

london7733
Newly Registered

What Documents to submit for Brit citizenship when Using the new service

Post by london7733 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi All

I am applying for my wife's British citizenship. We have filled in the online application but not gone through to payment and completion.

just a quick question. What documents need to be handed over to them when we visit the Sopra Centre? And how many days roughly can we get them back?

My main concern is the second point in the below paragraph, my wife needs to go abroad possibly in the next 3 weeks, I believe the current decision time is between 4-12 weeks. Am I correct in assuming the timescale?

"In most cases, you will have your supporting evidence (including your passport) returned to you immediately once the appointment is finished. You may not be able to use your passport for travel until you have received a decision on your application."
Ref: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know

One last thing, I have asked the second part of the question on this forum 3 days ago, where I was advised, my wife can leave the country as soon as the application is submitted. It does not look so, considering the above quoted paragraph. Please Advise

british-citizenship/leave-the-country-a ... l#p1758454

Kind regards

Kas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What Documents to submit for Brit citizenship when Using the new service

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:05 pm

She is free to travel, no change to that. It is only application for visa extensions or ILR when applicants cannot travel.

Please also do not start a new topic with each question!!!

Topics Merged (click)!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.