ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Ceremony of 2019

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anira
Canada

Re: First Ceremony of 2019

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:59 am

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:49 am
Anira wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:44 am
Missstamper wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:29 am
Anira wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:12 am
Got this today:

you are being considered for
inclusion to attend the Citizenship Ceremony due to take place in the
Killarney Convention Centre on the 29/04/19. The office will be in touch in
due course

🎉
Was that off the back of an email you sent them Anira? Thanks
Yes, I rang to confirm they receievd the documentation and your man said that he could not confirm. Since INIS has a rep of losing stuff (they never got one registered letter I sent when I changed jobs) I emailed them for confirmation and only got an answer today. I wasnt expecting to be honest as they ignored the first email... but do send it after they have received your fee just to double check if they really got it.
Thanks I sent the fee yesterday and see it got delivered this morning and signed for. I’ll give them a few days and check in - hoping I get invited to April’s!
I am sure you will! I had a friend who applied in May 2017 and got approved on the 28th of October and made it to Novembers ceremony even though people who got approved in august didnt (they had applied in 2018). So if there is one thing that is fair in this process, is the queue for the ceremony. They finally process according to application time. I have booked a hotel in Kerry just in case (can cancel). Imagine when the 3000 people get their invitations in the coming weeks? Prices are going to go crazy 😂

@Kadieerram Thank you!

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:39 pm

Got my approval letter yesterday (dated 19 March) / Applied in March 2018 / Second Letter in November 2018.

Usual wording: send fee, photos, etc. to be included in the next Ceremony.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi guys Congrats to those that got approved ...I thought that I was silly as I also booked a hotel room for April . I wasnt approved as yet but positive thinking keeps me going ....Goodluck ALL

Kadieerram
Ireland

Post by Kadieerram » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Kadieerram wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 am
Anira wrote:
Got this today:

due course

🎉
Congrats :)
I have received exactly the same. Does it mean a confirmation of attending the ceremony or not?
Thanks

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Kadieerram wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:52 pm
Kadieerram wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:50 am
Anira wrote:
Got this today:

due course

🎉
Congrats :)
I have received exactly the same. Does it mean a confirmation of attending the ceremony or not?
Thanks
I’d say 70% confirmation. The official one is the invitation, hopefully next week or so.

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 pm

I’d say any day now to receive our invitation letters... :D

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 pm

Fingers crossed for approvals and invitations
Goodluck guys

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 pm

Fountainhill wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:59 pm
Fingers crossed for approvals and invitations
Goodluck guys
Approvals are gone now... don’t think they will send any more of those with invitation and ceremony on the horizon.

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Positive thinking and prayers..
We never know how they work

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm

thegoodaulleo wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 pm
I’d say any day now to receive our invitation letters... :D
5 weeks today until the ceremony so hoping invites come out this week, next week latest perhaps?

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Congratulations to those who got their approvals already.. can anyone tell me before approval do they send an official letter that says your application has been finished etc??.. one of my friend got that letter before his approval.. in my case they told me over the phone that the application has been on final stage but not with the minister yet.. will i get the letter about finished application before approval??. Thanks in advance if anyone can explain me..

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm
Congratulations to those who got their approvals already.. can anyone tell me before approval do they send an official letter that says your application has been finished etc??.. one of my friend got that letter before his approval.. in my case they told me over the phone that the application has been on final stage but not with the minister yet.. will i get the letter about finished application before approval??. Thanks in advance if anyone can explain me..
I didnt get anything for 1,4 yrs after my 2nd stage letter. No updates (apart from me asking them) at all just the approval letter.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:02 pm
I did not get any letter after second stage.
In my opinion, you only get a letter like this if your application is "finished" but there are still months to go before the minister would approve your application. The minister normally approves applications only from two months before the ceremony.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Thanks for your quick response... hope will get the approval straight as no more patience left.😒.. they told me in early feb that application has on final stage than early march they said final check has been done but now they saying over the phone they send file for garda check.. Not sure about all those different statements.. anybody know if anyone got those kind of responses.. is my file is really on final stage?? Had anyone been in this situation before??🤔

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 pm
Thanks for your quick response... hope will get the approval straight as no more patience left.😒.. they told me in early feb that application has on final stage than early march they said final check has been done but now they saying over the phone they send file for garda check.. Not sure about all those different statements.. anybody know if anyone got those kind of responses.. is my file is really on final stage?? Had anyone been in this situation before??🤔
That doesn’t sound good.
I called them almost every Tuesday and Thursday for the last 2 months. Despite some conflicting answers, I kinda understand the workflow now.

My understanding is that once you are in final stage (being prepared for submission), they first do some internal final checks.
If final checks are not okay, they send it to external agencies (e.g. INIS, Welfare, Garda) for further checks.
If the final checks are okay, they have someone to do a final review one more time and sign it off.
If the person finds any issue, then again it gets sent to the external agencies.
If the final review is okay, the application gets submitted to the minister.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 am

I rang again today they says file has been prepared to send to the minister but not going to send anymore file to the minister. She says no chances for April ceremony 😞😞..we have to wait 6 more months now.. if i say about the garda checks & all.. i am from Northern Ireland and while ago they said they don’t need Gardaí check those from Northern Ireland and ask psni from Northern Ireland, we send it 1 year ago already.. don’t know whats going on..i asked today any reason yous talking so long she said all i can say your file has prepared for submission..

thegoodaulleo
Mood:
Ireland

Post by thegoodaulleo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 am

Mrs P wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:27 am
I rang again today they says file has been prepared to send to the minister but not going to send anymore file to the minister. She says no chances for April ceremony 😞😞..we have to wait 6 more months now.. if i say about the garda checks & all.. i am from Northern Ireland and while ago they said they don’t need Gardaí check those from Northern Ireland and ask psni from Northern Ireland, we send it 1 year ago already.. don’t know whats going on..i asked today any reason yous talking so long she said all i can say your file has prepared for submission..
Make sense as they are probably busy now sending the invitations. The Minister won't sign any more approval until two months before the next Ceremony in September. So you should get your approval this coming Summer.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

littlerr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 pm
Mrs P wrote:
That doesn’t sound good.
I called them almost every Tuesday and Thursday for the last 2 months. Despite some conflicting answers, I kinda understand the workflow now.

My understanding is that once you are in final stage (being prepared for submission), they first do some internal final checks.
If final checks are not okay, they send it to external agencies (e.g. INIS, Welfare, Garda) for further checks.
If the final checks are okay, they have someone to do a final review one more time and sign it off.
If the person finds any issue, then again it gets sent to the external agencies.
If the final review is okay, the application gets submitted to the minister.
Thanks.. but they already told me 4-5 weeks ago that final check has been done and signed... now they said send or Gardaí checks as i am from Northern Ireland and no past history in ireland never lived there and sent already psni from here as they asked 1 year ago🤔..

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 am

Mrs P wrote:
Similar to you, my wife's application went from 'being submitted to minister' to 'in processing' between January to March. We emailed them few weeks ago and got the standard response after more than a week that application continues to be processed. We've given up hope for this ceremony and just hoping for a miracle now.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:24 pm

Dearest people,

After waiting 8 months today I got my brown envelope requesting Eur950 to be payed with and two pics.

I applied as German citizen and already in Feb this year got info about my application being finished, but finally I got the letter today.

All you people there wish you all the best and hopefully everyone will get some good news like I got it today.

:) :D :lol: :P

Fountainhill
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Fountainhill » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 pm

There is always Hope
Goodluck and Congratulations

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:24 pm
Dearest people,

After waiting 8 months today I got my brown envelope requesting Eur950 to be payed with and two pics.

I applied as German citizen and already in Feb this year got info about my application being finished, but finally I got the letter today.

All you people there wish you all the best and hopefully everyone will get some good news like I got it today.

:) :D :lol: :P
Congrats! Was it dated 25th of March?

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi Anira,

Yes, it was dated 25th Mar. I managed to get them on the phone and funny lady said, now you can stop calling us we sent you nice brown envelope yst. :)

:D :)

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:48 pm

We got through on the phone after a few tries and were told 'Unfortunately there is no update on this application'. Didn't have the heart to ask any questions after hearing that so just hung up the phone. Why there is no update even after 15 months on a straightforward application is beyond me.

Congratulations to the people who've gotten their approvals. Looks like we have another 6-8 month wait ahead of us for no apparent reason.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:57 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:38 pm
Hi Anira,

Yes, it was dated 25th Mar. I managed to get them on the phone and funny lady said, now you can stop calling us we sent you nice brown envelope yst. :)

:D :)
I called them every other week starting from November. Every time I needed at least 100 tries to get through, I wont miss that! Now just the invite and ceremony and this will all be over 🙌🏽