ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M - Employment letter from previous employer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Emre26
Newly Registered

FLR - M correspondence / proof of address question

Post by Emre26 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi,

I need to apply FLR-M at March because my first 2.5 years visa expires at May.

I have some issues at correspondence part.

We are staying at my wife's parents house. So, we are not named in none of the utility bills or council tax. Also, we don't have any shared bills or bank account. Because of that we need to give 6 proof of address each for the past 2.5 years.

Are the documents below would be accepted, and do you have any ideas / recommendations for proof of address?

- One of my old work payslips (changed my job at January)
- Bank statement
- P45 (December 2018)
- P60 (April 2018) ---- Can I use both my p45 and p60 ?
- A document from DVLA
- NiNo document from jobcenter (September 2016) --- Not sure if this would be accepted ?
- Aviva car insurance policy --- ???

We are showing my income to fulfil the financial criteria. So I will use both new payslips and some of the old ones (to prove 12 months of income) at financial criteria. I don't think I can use my new payslips again as a proof of address ??

Also, I didn't have to use any medical treatment for the past 2 years and I don't have any document sent to me from NHS or GP. If I just go to my registered GP, would they give/post me anything to use as a proof of address?

Thanks in advance even if you read to this point :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR - M correspondence / proof of address question

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:57 pm

I need to apply FLR-M at March because my first 2.5 years visa expires at May.
What date did you enter the UK on your current spouse visa? If you apply too early, you risk a shortfall for ILR and the possibility of requiring a 3rd FLR(M) extension to cover a couple of months.
We are staying at my wife's parents house. So, we are not named in none of the utility bills or council tax. Also, we don't have any shared bills or bank account. Because of that we need to give 6 proof of address each for the past 2.5 years.

Are the documents below would be accepted, and do you have any ideas / recommendations for proof of address?

- One of my old work payslips (changed my job at January)
- Bank statement
- P45 (December 2018)
- P60 (April 2018) ---- Can I use both my p45 and p60 ?
- A document from DVLA
- NiNo document from jobcenter (September 2016) --- Not sure if this would be accepted ?
- Aviva car insurance policy --- ???
Fine yes, as much as you can covering the last 2 years.
We are showing my income to fulfil the financial criteria. So I will use both new payslips and some of the old ones (to prove 12 months of income) at financial criteria. I don't think I can use my new payslips again as a proof of address ??
Should be ok if you add a note in 'additional information'.
Also, I didn't have to use any medical treatment for the past 2 years and I don't have any document sent to me from NHS or GP. If I just go to my registered GP, would they give/post me anything to use as a proof of address?
Should be able to you yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emre26
Newly Registered

Post by Emre26 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:57 pm

What date did you enter the UK on your current spouse visa? If you apply too early, you risk a shortfall for ILR and the possibility of requiring a 3rd FLR(M) extension to cover a couple of months.
I entered UK at 30-08-2016

My BRP is valid until 05-05-2019 (on the card, Date of issue is 05-08-2016)

Would it be too early to apply on March? I was planning to apply normal (not priority) and thinking that process would take at least 2 months. So that I would be granted FLR-m before the first one expires at May ?

Thanks,
Emre

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 pm

You should apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from the date you entered the UK. So if the date you apply is within the range, then you should be fine.

Note that your new visa will not 'follow on' from your current expiry date. Your new visa will be valid from the date of decision, so if you apply in March and HO takes 2 weeks to decide, you will have a shortfall later on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Emre26
Newly Registered

Post by Emre26 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for the warning.

I entered UK at 30-08-2016, so I will complete 30 months of residency at 30 Feb 2019.

Isn't any time after 30 Feb is suitable?

If I apply at 1st of March and they decide at 15th of March. They will give me 30 months of visa starting at 15th of March 2019, so that it will expire at 15 Sep 2021.

For the ILR, it requires 60 months of residency which I will reach at 30 Aug 2021 before my FLR-M expires…

Is there anything I miscalculated here?

Thanks so much.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:04 pm

I entered UK at 30-08-2016, so I will complete 30 months of residency at 30 Feb 2019.

Isn't any time after 30 Feb is suitable?
28th February.
If I apply at 1st of March and they decide at 15th of March. They will give me 30 months of visa starting at 15th of March 2019, so that it will expire at 15 Sep 2021.

Correct.
For the ILR, it requires 60 months of residency which I will reach at 30 Aug 2021 before my FLR-M expires…
You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date you entered the UK, correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Also note that you don’t need a visa decision before your current visa expires.

You need to ensure you apply for your FLR(M) before your current one expires (ideally around 28 days before).

Therefore if the decision takes 2 months, and that date is beyond current expiry, that is not an issue.

Remember to include a letter from your parent to confirm you are residing with them and you’re not responsible for any bills.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Emre26 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:26 pm
CR001 wrote:

Would it be too early to apply on March? I was planning to apply normal (not priority) and thinking that process would take at least 2 months. So that I would be granted FLR-m before the first one expires at May ?

Thanks,
Emre

If there will be no major change in your circumstances then why not avail the maximum length of visa by applying a little before of visa expiry to completely end the risk of any shortfall to get ILR in future. Also don't forget to attach A2 leave English language test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:36 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Emre26 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks,
Emre

If there will be no major change in your circumstances then why not avail the maximum length of visa by applying a little before of visa expiry to completely end the risk of any shortfall to get ILR in future. Also don't forget to attach A2 leave English language test.
Perhaps they want to apply before the visa fee increase.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:36 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:49 pm
Emre26 wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thanks,
Emre

Yes in that case it would be wise to apply early as OP planned.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Emre26
Newly Registered

Post by Emre26 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 pm
CR001 wrote:

Is there any planned increase soon? Let me start preparing my documents then :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Emre26 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:15 pm
seagul wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:46 pm
CR001 wrote:

Is there any planned increase soon? Let me start preparing my documents then :)
Usually announced within the next few weeks to come into effect on 6th April.

Hopefully you are already aware that the IHS fee has doubled and is now £1,000 for a 2.5 year visa plus the visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Emre26
Newly Registered

FLR M - Employment letter from previous employer

Post by Emre26 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Hi,

I changed my job 2 months ago. Because of that, i will give 12 months payslips (3 new, 9 old)
I got an employment letter from my current job but the wording in the criteria confused me.

"(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming: ....."

Because I will give the old payslips as well, should I get a letter from my previous employer also ??? - That will be very time consuming...

Thanks,
Emre

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR M - Employment letter from previous employer

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Emre26 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:15 pm
Hi,

I changed my job 2 months ago. Because of that, i will give 12 months payslips (3 new, 9 old)
I got an employment letter from my current job but the wording in the criteria confused me.

"(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming: ....."

Because I will give the old payslips as well, should I get a letter from my previous employer also ??? - That will be very time consuming...

Thanks,
Emre
As per common sense they shouldn't ask employer letter from previous employer because employee has no connection with them anymore. But still one member recently been asked about that via email. Still in my view the P45 must serve the purpose.