ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leon2019

Spouse Visa Extension after 2.5 years?

Post by leon2019 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm

Hello dear members,

I will be applying for my wife's visa extension FLR (M) soon. I would be grateful if someone could please advise me on english language test. I understand from the UKVI guidence that she will need to pass A2 Level english test either from Trinity College London or IELTS consortium.

Will it be acceptable by the home office if my wife passes A2 level from Trinity college London???

If she passes B1 instead, Will that be accepted as well or is it just for indefinate leave to remain?? What is the validity of B1 test?

How do we submit application now as I have heard that the application process has changed. Someone mentioned that we scan all the documents and submit... How can we scan all these documents which can easily be over hundred pages or more...

Please can someone help me with these questions..many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse Visa Extension after 2.5 years?

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:16 am

leon2019 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm

If she passes B1 instead, Will that be accepted as well or is it just for indefinate leave to remain?? What is the validity of B1 test?
Passing B1 is wise because although it will have 2 years of validity but will still be accepted afterwards of extension.
leon2019 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:53 pm
How do we submit application now as I have heard that the application process has changed. Someone mentioned that we scan all the documents and submit... How can we scan all these documents which can easily be over hundred pages or more...
yes new service called UKVCAS service.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi

My wife's visa runs out on 20th Dec. 2019. Just wonder from what date onwards we can submit application for spouse visa extension?

I have two jobs, full time and a part time. I earn 28k in my full time job and around 2 or 3k in part time per year. Will I need to show both jobs or shall I just mention my full time job with 28k and should be enough?? Please any advice would be helpful..

Many thanks

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:14 pm

Assuming your wife's spouse visa was issued outside of the UK, on what date did your wife first enter the UK on her current visa?

You can meet the minimum income with your full time employment only if you choose.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:18 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm
Hi

My wife's visa runs out on 20th Dec. 2019. Just wonder from what date onwards we can submit application for spouse visa extension?
28 days before completing 30 months from date of arriving UK but preferably apply very close to expiry to avoid any shortfall for getting ILR.
leon2019 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:49 pm

I have two jobs, full time and a part time. I earn 28k in my full time job and around 2 or 3k in part time per year. Will I need to show both jobs or shall I just mention my full time job with 28k and should be enough?? Please any advice would be helpful..

Many thanks
Preferably use only one job where you can easily meet the financial requirement to keep case straight.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:19 pm

Many thanks Casa and Seagul,

My wife arrived in the UK on 20th April 2017 on 2.5 years spouse visa...

leon2019

FLR M Help

Post by leon2019 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for extension soon after 2.5 years spouse visa. I want to know how to apply for extension. On UKVI there is no forms available now. Also I have heard I have to scan documents ??.. please can someone give me full details on how to apply ...

Secondly, how many months do I have to complete to apply for indefinate leave to remain?.. i heard if i apply for extension a little early or little late, it will mess up with the days counting for ILR...

ILR1980
Pakistan

Re: FLR M Help

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 pm

I guess we only have option to apply online from inside UK

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ily-routes

You will get all instruction during filling process including information where to send document and whther you w ant standard or priority services

You are eligible to apply for settlement after completing 60 months (5 years) in the UK with leave to remain as a partner under the 5-year route

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks for your help.

I wonder if the 60 months period count starts from the visa issue date, biometric card issue date or arrival in the UK date??..

There are some tricky question added now asking why do you want to stay in the UK.. if you are refused, will you go back to your country etc..?? i wonder if anyone can advice on this one please...

Most importanly, my wife has renowed her passport recently to biometric passport. Her old passport where the visa sticker and arrival stamps are endorsed is still valid for another year and we still have that passport.

I am confused which passport i will have to put on the application??.. new or old??. or both??..please advice...thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:53 pm

It counts from date of entry to the UK!

For an extension, you put in the NEW passport details and if the form asks for previous passports, then put the old details in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm

I have just come across a quest on FLR M. How many years and months have you lived in the UK?... I will be applying for extension around 20 days before the expiry of current visa... Do I put 2 years and 5 months or shall I put 2 yeras and 6 months??... oh God so much confusion!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:09 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm
I have just come across a quest on FLR M. How many years and months have you lived in the UK?... I will be applying for extension around 20 days before the expiry of current visa... Do I put 2 years and 5 months or shall I put 2 yeras and 6 months??... oh God so much confusion!!!
You are overthinking. None of the questions are trick questions. Simply answer them honestly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:05 pm
If you are applying before 2.5 years then you can't say you have been living from 2.5 years rather you can precisely clarify it in additional info section that you are applying 28 days earlier.

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Hi

Thanks for reply.

As i am proceeding with the application, more and more questions are cropping up.

I am a non-salaried employee earning different amount every month. I earn well over 30K a year. The question on the FLR M forms are:

Same amount continously, still above the financial requirement?
Same amount continously, below the financial requirement?
Not same amout continously, above the financial requirement?
Not same amout continously, below the financial reqirement?

I clicked on 'Not same amout continously, above financial requirement'. Then it asked me to provide 12 month payslips as evidence when I send documents.

At the time of spouse visa, I put 'non-salaried employement' and they asked for last 6 months payslips.

very confusing... any help with this one please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:35 pm

leon2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:29 pm

Same amount continously, still above the financial requirement?
In my view simply click on above and then in additional info section /covering letter explain the situation (calculation)

leon2019

Post by leon2019 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:08 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I don't see many people having much trouble with it apart from me. Or not many people filling it up?? Using different forms??