ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) first extension( few Questions)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ILR1980
Pakistan

FLR(M) first extension( few Questions)

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:38 am

When to Apply?

Home office guideline mention that you should apply no earlier than 28 days before expiry date of current visa. I have heard that you can also apply within 28 days from date you complete 30 months of residence in UK on spouse visa. Now my spouse got entry in Uk on 30 day vignette sticker on 20th october 2016 and collected BRP in UK which has incorrect expiry date. We sent it for correction and they gave us new start and expiry date i.e expire on August 2019... So 30 months in UK are being complete on 20 April 2019 but if go for 28 days rule before expiry then its July 2019...its difference of 3 months so what you suggest when to apply ?

Question about new service ?

I assume they give option to apply as standard, priority and super priority . I assume timeline of standard application is between 6-8 months..what about priority and super priority and how much extra they charge for these services ?

English language requirement?

My spouse need to pass A2 or English trinity GESE grade 3 but she has master degree in economics which she got it from outside Uk but was taught in English. i assume Naric letter will verify it and fees are probably same but which one is better option? I assume Naric letter has advantage because no expiry date and can also be used for future application of ILR and citizenship though passing A2 is probably much simple for case worker
.what you suggest?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) first extension( few Questions)

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 am

1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counted from date of entry to the UK or anytime thereafter and before visa expires.

2. Most standard applications take around 8 weeks or so. Check the timelines.

3. Your choice. She could also do B1 test, which will also be valid for ILR and citizenship. It has nothing to do with being "simpler" for caseworker.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:19 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:59 am
1. You can apply no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence counted from date of entry to the UK or anytime thereafter and before visa expires.

2. Most standard applications take around 8 weeks or so. Check the timelines.

3. Your choice. She could also do B1 test, which will also be valid for ILR and citizenship. It has nothing to do with being "simpler" for caseworker.
Thanks for reply

1) is 60 months period start from date of entry on passport (arrival stamp date) which intially had 30 days vignette sticker and has nothing to do with biometric start /expiry date ..they gave us new BRP which had additional months. I cannot find it anywhere on internet about applying no sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence

2) i was asking new fast priority and super priority services i.e how long they take and how much extra it cost

3)you are right but some case workers are so dumb that they rejected one of my mate who had B1 because they were looking A2 and did not realize B1 is higher than a2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 am

1. The 60 months residence starts from physical date of entry to the UK and not visa start date.

2. Priority a couple of weeks. Super priority could be within 24 hours but some have waited longer.

3. Perhaps your mate did the wrong test, one not in ho approved list or the wrong test ie academic rather than life skills for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 am
1. The 60 months residence starts from physical date of entry to the UK and not visa start date.

2. Priority a couple of weeks. Super priority could be within 24 hours but some have waited longer.

3. Perhaps your mate did the wrong test, one not in ho approved list or the wrong test ie academic rather than life skills for example.
Thanks for your time CR001

Is there any offcial source which confirm this that applicant can apply FLR(M) extension after 60 months residence in UK even when there are still 4/5 months left on visa? All offical guidance are mentioning to apply 28 days before expiry

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... m_on_the_5

and My mate did correct test of B1 from approved centre . Some case woresr are not as competent as we think of them :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:25 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am
Is there any offcial source which confirm this that applicant can apply FLR(M) extension after 60 months residence in UK even when there are still 4/5 months left on visa? All offical guidance are mentioning to apply 28 days before expiry
Unless personal circumstances/HO rule/fee not changing the extension preferably be applied very close to BRP expiry to utilize the fullest length of visa.
ILR1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:43 am

and My mate did correct test of B1 from approved centre . Some case woresr are not as competent as we think of them :)
IELTS life skills B1 test is definitely accepted, make sure to give its UKVI number correctly which HO use to verify it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:25 am
Unless personal circumstances/HO rule/fee not changing the extension preferably be applied very close to BRP expiry to utilize the fullest length of visa
I assume next extension would be for 60 months irrespective of when applicant apply?

I will prefer to apply early if I could to take advantage of school holidays , My partner complete her 60 months period in UK on spouse visa on 20th April 2019 counting this from arrival date even though her biometric expiry date is 20 Augusts 2019. I am confuse because I find this information nowhere on internet that applicant can apply FLRM extension after 60 months. All FLRM and UKVI guidance notes are just mentioning to apply within 28 days before expiry date of current visa. Do you know any official source which confirm and verify this because I have heard this only on immigration forums. Just want to verify this for my own peace of mind

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 am

ILR1980 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:55 pm
My partner complete her 60 months period in UK on spouse visa on 20th April 2019 counting this from arrival date even though her biometric expiry date is 20 Augusts 2019. I am confuse because I find this information nowhere on internet that applicant can apply FLRM extension after 60 months.
I guess you mean 30 months instead 60 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 am
Yes you are right..wrote it 60 by mistake

I meant 30 months(two and half years)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:17 pm

ILR1980 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:02 am
seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:23 am
Yes you are right..wrote it 60 by mistake

I meant 30 months(two and half years)
Plenty of flr m extension timelines available which you can use as guidance.