ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence for EEA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nady_k
Newly Registered

Permanent Residence for EEA

Post by nady_k » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:10 pm

Hello
I am an EU citizen and would like to apply for Permanent Residence in order to subsequently apply for Citizenship.

One year of my qualifying 5 years period, after I finished studying and before I started working, I was not a job seeker, but temporarily volunteered as a Visitor Member at the Natural History Museum, to carry on doing some research related to my previous studies. I do not recall holding any particular status or signed any contract. (1) Which category would that make fall in, self sufficient or (un-paid) worker? In either case, (2) can a letter from the museum be a valid document to provide as evidence of both activity and residence exercising Treaty rights during that year I was not in employment nor education?

In case of self sufficient status, a bank statement is required as evidence showing received funds or lump sum. I did not receive any money during that period but had sufficient funds in my account to live through this gap year as I was living with a friend. (3) What exactly does the statement need to show? (4) Does the date on the bank statement need to cover the whole 12 months, as most statements are only for one month. In which case, how would this prove self sufficient activity/ residency for the 12 months period: (5) can the same bank statement be used as evidence for both sufficient funds and residency at the same time?

I had private medical insurance as part of a family plan my parents subscribed with their work prior to my birth and so it was automatically deducted from their salary. I did not sign a contract and am no longer eligible and so cannot obtain a certificate from the insurance but can provide proof that payment was made (deducted from parents wage). However this statement showing the contribution made yearly only states my parents name + child, without specifically naming me. (6) Would such receipt of payment constitute a valid evidence of sickness insurance or will Home Office want to check directly with the insurance provider that I had adequate cover?

After that and since then, I have been working part-time, (7) can this still be considered as employment or is there a minimum salary/tax requirement to be qualifying as worker? In which case would I still be classified as self sufficient?

Thank you

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: Permanent Residence for EEA

Post by NikiGio » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:03 am

Hi nady_k

If I remember from your other post, you've been in the UK for more than 6 years.

To help answer your queries, can you do a simple recap of when you arrived and what you were doing in the entire 6-year period - something like this:

- Arrived XXX
- Part-time worker during XXX-XXX
- Student during XXX-XXX

When you were working part-time, did you have payslips or P60s or P45s or bank statements showing income? Part-time work qualifies, as long as it's genuine work - so part-time work for which you have no payslips or P60s or P45s or bank statements is likely to be deemed as not genuine for example.

Also do a search on the forum's posts to research the medical insurance questions and the bank statement to show self-sufficiency funds - there are some useful Q&As from other users.

Pending your answer on the above, you would probably need to do an application as a combination of student + self-sufficient + worker, so it's a bit complex. I would suggest you get in touch with the pro-bono lawyers at the UKCEN FB site, as they can give you advice for free and they've also put together a very useful FAQ file which can help answer some of your questions.

Also, have a thorough read of this document:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf
It's the HO's guidance to its own case workers, to guide them in judging PR applications by qualified persons. It's very useful.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.