ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving right to work for non-EU spouse?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Noz03

Proving right to work for non-EU spouse?

Post by Noz03 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

My non-EU spouse's potential company (in Spain) is asking her to prove that she is able to work here, but she doesn't have any papers to do so. But understandably, her company are hesitant to hire her without feeling secure that she is indeed allowed to work.

What can she give them to prove this?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Proving right to work for non-EU spouse?

Post by Caravel88 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:38 am

Copy of EU directive 2004/38/EC where rights are clearly explained.
Noz03 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm
My non-EU spouse's potential company (in Spain) is asking her to prove that she is able to work here, but she doesn't have any papers to do so. But understandably, her company are hesitant to hire her without feeling secure that she is indeed allowed to work.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Proving right to work for non-EU spouse?

Post by ALKB » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Noz03 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Are you already in Spain? She only has work rights if you are physically in the country, not before.

The usual way to prove work rights would be a residence card for family members of EU nationals. Without it, companies are understandably reluctant.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.