ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard tourist visa help needed

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

wak9001

Standard tourist visa help needed

Post by wak9001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:01 am

Hii,

I return after the amazing help and advice you provided me when I applied for a spouse visa for my wife last year (it was granted).

My aunty who visited a few years back to the UK would like to come and visit again and I have decided to sponsor her. She previously came to the UK but stayed for a short amount of time, due to ill health she returned back to Pakistan. I think it was around 6 weeks in total. She has since been to Switzerland and returned back again way before her original planned return date.

My current circumstances are as followed
- Salary is £20750, employed full time and work in the finance sector
- I own my own property
- Have savings I can show aswell

My aunty has money sent to her from her family here as her husband is elderly and does not work, so they do not having savings and I will be covering the cost of the stay.

Can anyone provide any help or assistance on what needs to be provided as part of the application and do I need to a solicitor to complete this or can it be done by myself ?

Many thanks for your help in advance :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Standard tourist visa help needed

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:08 am

What evidence of ties to home country will she submit, such as social, family, income/pension, property etc etc?

The visitor visas are more difficult to get and the fact that she is being supported financially from family members in the UK, might be a point against her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wak9001

Re: Standard tourist visa help needed

Post by wak9001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am

She is the carer for her elderly mother, therefore she will not stay here long. She also has her own property which she stays with her. In Pakistan they don't have a pension scheme like we do here and because they are not as wealthy, savings are not kept as funds are sent here for them to keep going.

The fact that she has visited both the UK and Switzerland, would that not show that she is not looking to stay here for good and will return back home ?

I am not too sure where to start with all of this and what to do, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks