ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing 2nd wife from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Bringing 2nd wife from Pakistan

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:59 am

Hi everyone I just joined this forum. Not sure if this is the right place to post my question. Admin please check or move to correct thread please.

Hi I'm currently going through divorce and it's currently at the exchanging finances stage after this it's divorce. What I want to ask is I got married in pakistan and it's on my wife's passport. I know I can't bring my new wife to UK as we haven't finished the divorce for first wife. Is there any other way I can bring my wife from Pakistan maybe as visitor or friend or girlfriend. My ex has got remarried in .uk just under Islamic nikah. So she's just dragging this whole divorce process for me. So she is wasting my time but I want to bring my 2nd wife over and then register in .uk once my divorce is complete. How do I do this please advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bringing 2nd wife from Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:11 am

What exactly do you want to 'register in the UK'??

Your second marriage won't be recognised by HO as you were not free to marry under UK law. Unlikely your second wife will be successful in getting a visitor visa and her application will likely be scrutinised. To bring your new wife, you will likely have to apply for a fiance visa and then marry again in the UK before switching to a spouse visa.

Your soon to be ex spouses 'islamic nikah' performed in the UK also won't be recognised by HO.

What is your UK immigration status in the UK and your soon to be ex wifes UK immigration status?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:39 pm

Firstly thank you for your reply.

What I meant by register was once my new wife comes to UK the divorce should be complete and so then I can register with new wife in uk as a marriage. This is what I meant.

I was not free to marry under UK law even though it was another country and yet my ex wife was allowed to remarry in uk under nikah?

So you are saying even if I invite my wife from Pakistan as a visitor the application will fail and she will not get the visa? Is This what you meant. You said her application will be scrunitised is that like thrown in the bin.

Yes if it's a way I could bring my new wife over as fiancee visa. But the problem is on her passport it says she's my wife married under nikah so will UK Ho not say how am I applying for fiancee visa when they are married. And yes after the divorce I can register in uk as marriage and change visa type to spouse. Please explain this fiancee visa as it seems this is the only way forward for me.

I don't understand why solicitor firms are advising me to do a visitor visa application.

My ex wife's Nikah is not recognised in uk i undersatnd that but she doesnt care. She has a child with him and is settled i don't feel she wants to register as marriage under UK law. Why would she want to register her marriage at Ho if her husband s already in UK?

My immigration status is I'm a born British Pakistani. Born in the UK. My ex wife is Pakistani nationality she came from Pakistan. I doubt if she has achieved a British nationality.

Please reply with the above it is dearly appreciated.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:46 pm

If your ex hasn't completed 5 years and you don't have a child togetherthen she won't get indefinite leave without your support. If she hasn't got indefinite leave then straight report to HO for the curtailment of visa and her Islamic nikkah in UK won't be recognized and won't facilitate for anything.
You may bring 2nd wife as fiancee but since your 1st wife wasting your time so your divorce might not end in 6 months within which your fiancee have to marry in UK. If you can afford then bring her as student.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. My wife been living in .uk for over 10 years. We had 4 children and she left my home because she found someone else. She has had a child with him.

Our divorce started in 2016 we split in 2015 so 3 years have past on the grounds of 2 years separation our divorce was applied.

How can I bring wife as student as she is not studying Pakistan anymore and i don't understand how she can apply for student visa.

So you are saying a fiancee visa is for 6 months and if my divorce is not complete by then she will have to go back to Pakistan. But if divorce is done in 6 months I can marry her UK and register then she can stay here with me is this right.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 am

You name as husband name on passport is a big problem and mistake.

You got only two options.

option 1:

Get your wife a student visa.
(but your name as husband already on her passport will bring some complication later)

option 2: Safe option.
wait for divorce (yes difficult but you will safe from lot of trouble)
after divorce you will have to make a marriage certificate dated after divorce and also stating divorce. (nevertheless other eligibility criteria i.e. financial requirement)

As you marriage is already registered in Pakistan after which your wife got Passport with husband name on it (this passport also will have to change once done with divorce otherwise the issuing date will show the story of marriage before divorce)

Visitor visa will not allow her to get married in the UK with you.

it would be better for you to finalize the divorce quickly with ex wife by bring some moderators like relatives etc.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 am

That s the problem I can't bring in relatives she doing it on purpose slowing me down so I can't bring new wife over..

But the first post told me I should bring wife over as fiancee why wouldn't this work.. as I will have 6 months to marry.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:01 am

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:36 am
That s the problem I can't bring in relatives she doing it on purpose slowing me down so I can't bring new wife over..

But the first post told me I should bring wife over as fiancee why wouldn't this work.. as I will have 6 months to marry.
It wouldn't work due to the fact that you would have to submit your divorce decree absolute with the fiance visa application. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Bringing 2nd Wife from Pakistan Need Help.

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi I got my Divorce certificate for first wife from the courts in Uk. I now want to bring my 2nd wife from Pakistan. I got married in 2016 On my 2nd wife's passport it says my name as her husband. I would like to know if there will be any problems by UK law or Pakistan law asking the question why did i get married in 2016 when i wasn't divorced in Uk at that time. As i want to bring my wife here in Uk as fast as i can. I was previously advised on I should bring my wife to UK on a fiancee visa and then get registered as married within the 6 month visa period. Will they allow this visa for fiancee even though it reads im her husband and we are married.

someone advised me to bring my wife over as a visitor as bringing her over as a spouse will take a lot of time and she will have to do a English test and a lot more this will take a lot of time.

Please advise what i can do. It will be dearly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:15 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:17 pm

someone advised me to bring my wife over as a visitor as bringing her over as a spouse will take a lot of time and she will have to do a English test and a lot more this will take a lot of time.
The advice you have previously been given remains the same.

You cannot switch to a spouse visa within the UK if she comes on a visitor visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bringing 2nd Wife from Pakistan Need Help.

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:07 pm
Hi I got my Divorce certificate for first wife from the courts in Uk. I now want to bring my 2nd wife from Pakistan. I got married in 2016 On my 2nd wife's passport it says my name as her husband. I would like to know if there will be any problems by UK law or Pakistan law asking the question why did i get married in 2016 when i wasn't divorced in Uk at that time. As i want to bring my wife here in Uk as fast as i can. I was previously advised on I should bring my wife to UK on a fiancee visa and then get registered as married within the 6 month visa period. Will they allow this visa for fiancee even though it reads im her husband and we are married.

Please advise what i can do. It will be dearly appreciated.
Easiest and economical way might be if you re-register your marriage/nikkah again in Pakistan because under HO eyes you are free now to marry. Then apply straight for spouse visa. Regarding your name, there wont be any issue and just declare in covering letter truly that you were married before in Islamic way and now you are re-registering your marriage again due to being free now.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 am

You can t 're register your marriage again in Pakistan as you can only register it once. I'm not sure what you are telling me to do. In this case the HO will want to see proof of photos and wedding film. But that film is dated in 2016 and it makes alot of things complicated. Can I not bring wife as fiancee even though it says she married to me in her passport.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 am

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:00 am
Can I not bring wife as fiancee even though it says she married to me in her passport.
Sweet4u2012 wrote:
You can t 're register your marriage again in Pakistan as you can only register it once. I'm not sure what you are telling me to do. In this case the HO will want to see proof of photos and wedding film. But that film is dated in 2016 and it makes alot of things complicated. Can I not bring wife as fiancee even though it says she married to me in her passport.
Yes you can bring her on fiancée visa for which you had already been advised. Other alternative was only given to you if it is possible otherwise apply fiancée visa.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 am

The question that comes to mind is if I apply for her as a fiancee visa. Will the UK and Pakistan law not see in her passport that she is married to me and I'm her husband. Maybe that will cause the application to fail. Please advise

Also will she still have to do the English test etc. That is not a problem it's just more time will be needed.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bringing 2nd Wife from Pakistan Need Help.

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:14 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:29 pm
Regarding your name, there wont be any issue and just declare in covering letter truly that you were married before in Islamic way

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am

This is common issue and the Case Worker will be well aware of the situation regarding the first Islamic marriage. By all means explain in a letter when applying for a fiance visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am
This is common issue and the Case Worker will be well aware of the situation regarding the first Islamic marriage. By all means explain in a letter when applying for a fiance visa.

So it will work if I apply for a fiancee visa? Do you know if for the fiancee visa my wife still has to do the English test in Pakistan or any other tests involved.

I will get in touch with a solicitor asap.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:58 am

English A1 test and TB test.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:53 am
Casa wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:20 am

So it will work if I apply for a fiancee visa? Do you know if for the fiancee visa my wife still has to do the English test in Pakistan or any other tests involved.

I will get in touch with a solicitor asap.

Thank you
If she has got at least bachelor degree then she might be able to do B1 test which higher than A1 and will be accepted in future too.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 pm

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
You’ve received good advice from other members.
In respect of your comments above, however, do note the guidance specifically states do not send films. Also the photos will be printed and therefore unless they’re time stamped, the date of photo will be unknown.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:52 am

Sweet4u2012 wrote:
Yes you can. you need to change your nikah nama first and put divorced instead of single and then you need to change the same detail in the Pakistan NADRA and get a copy after changes being made. you can also apply for new card here in UK and change your marital details while applying.
this simple thing will not only make your life easy but will save money and time.

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am

wahi66 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:52 am
Sweet4u2012 wrote:

Yes you can. you need to change your nikah nama first and put divorced instead of single and then you need to change the same detail in the Pakistan NADRA and get a copy after changes being made. you can also apply for new card here in UK and change your marital details while applying.
this simple thing will not only make your life easy but will save money and time.
You've lost me. Please explain.. I live in uk so how do I change the nikah nama which is is Pakistan. I think our Milan name does read divorced as we told the imam that I was previously married so I'm assuming he knows I was divorced. I will need to check my nandra card to understand what you are saying better. I will get back to you here. Thank you

Sweet4u2012
Newly Registered

Post by Sweet4u2012 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:30 am

wahi66 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:52 am
Sweet4u2012 wrote:

Ok check this we went Pakistan and got hold of the Islamic talak which is the divorce certificate Pakistan and then produced that to get married to new wife.

On my nadra card it doesn't state wife s name but on new wife s nadra card it reads my name. So that should be fine now right I wount need to change my nadra card? Or do you want me to notify nadra that if got divorced with first wife and remmaried is that what you meant?

You also mentioned change my martial status I never registered I was single to nadra?

I await your reply
Thank you

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:42 pm

wait a moment so you had two divorce proceeding??

one Islamic divorce on which you got another marriage in Pakistan.

second divorce in UK??