ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa Refused - Reapply using Priority Service?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

UK Spouse Visa Refused - Reapply using Priority Service?

Post by kraza96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi, I applied for my husband to join me in the UK from Pakistan in May 2018 (non-priority). Today, we found out that it got refused and it was our fault. This is what it says for the reason for refusal:

Suitability: Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM.

Eligibility:
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1 to 2.10 because:
While I note that you have completed a Visa Application Form, you have not submitted Appendix 2 (VAF4a); this Appendix provides a settlement applicant with the opportunity to give details of their relationship with their sponsor. It includes sections about how contact is maintained, details of previous marriages and children of the sponsor and applicant, etc. You have failed to submit this Appendix. Without the information that this part of your application form would contain, I am unable to assess your relationship. I am aware that you have submitted a number of documents relating to your relationship with your sponsor, but the lack of the information contained within Appendix 2 means that I do not have a full picture of your relationship, and I am therefore unable to be satisfied that your relationship with your wife is genuine and subsisting, your marriage is valid and that you intend to live together permanently in the UK. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

Eligibility Financial Requirement:
You meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1. to 3.4.

Eligibility English Language Requirement:
You meet the eligibility English language requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.4.1. to 4.2.

No exceptional circumstances

No compassionate factors

Refusal under the Partner Rules:
In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3 of Appendix FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) and you do not qualify for entry clearance on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional circumstances, under Appendix FM.

I'm aware that this is our fault, but I submitted the Appendix 2 form along with all other documents here in the UK. My husband also took all the papers, including this form, to the embassy in Islamabad when he submitted his passport, and they took all the other documents and scanned them. They also scanned this form, but only the last two pages, and they kept saying that the rest of the form wasn't important in Pakistan, as it would have been submitted here in the UK already. I'm not upset, but so angry at the embassy in Pakistan, for not scanning all the papers which we gave to them. There was no other reason for refusal, and all the paperwork I sent to Sheffield from here were fine.
We are planning on reapplying soon, in about a week. Does anyone have experience with reapplying after a refusal? I know that the reason is very stupid from our side, but the embassy there kept saying that these papers weren't important as they had been sent to Sheffield too. I can't wait another 12 weeks, as the refusal came after 12 weeks. We will most likely be using priority service as it's quicker (usually), but can someone tell me, after reading this, does this seem to be the only reason of refusal? Is it possible after reapplication that they will find another reason, from the same documents, and reject again? Everything else seemed to be fine, only this was the reason for rejection.
Does there seem to be any other reason?
I'm sorry for such a long post, but I'm so angry today, and stressed. I would really appreciate it if anyone could advise me, or tell me if anyone has had a similar experience? Anything at all! Thanks.

Gujarkhan
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: UK Spouse Visa Refused - Reapply using Priority Service?

Post by Gujarkhan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 pm

As far as i am aware the appendix 2 form gets sent with all documents to Sheffield. Are you sure you sent it. As it wouldnt make sense to submit it in Pakistan. All documents including appendix fm form get sent directly to sheffield office via the sponsor in the uk.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:12 pm
Hi, I applied for my husband to join me in the UK from Pakistan in May 2018 (non-priority). Today, we found out that it got refused and it was our fault. This is what it says for the reason for refusal:

Suitability: Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM.

Eligibility:
You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1 to 2.10 because:
While I note that you have completed a Visa Application Form, you have not submitted Appendix 2 (VAF4a); this Appendix provides a settlement applicant with the opportunity to give details of their relationship with their sponsor. It includes sections about how contact is maintained, details of previous marriages and children of the sponsor and applicant, etc. You have failed to submit this Appendix. Without the information that this part of your application form would contain, I am unable to assess your relationship. I am aware that you have submitted a number of documents relating to your relationship with your sponsor, but the lack of the information contained within Appendix 2 means that I do not have a full picture of your relationship, and I am therefore unable to be satisfied that your relationship with your wife is genuine and subsisting, your marriage is valid and that you intend to live together permanently in the UK. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

You meet the eligibility English language requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.4.1. to 4.2.

No compassionate factors

In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3 of Appendix FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) and you do not qualify for entry clearance on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional circumstances, under Appendix FM.

I'm aware that this is our fault, but I submitted the Appendix 2 form along with all other documents here in the UK. My husband also took all the papers, including this form, to the embassy in Islamabad when he submitted his passport, and they took all the other documents and scanned them. They also scanned this form, but only the last two pages, and they kept saying that the rest of the form wasn't important in Pakistan, as it would have been submitted here in the UK already. I'm not upset, but so angry at the embassy in Pakistan, for not scanning all the papers which we gave to them. There was no other reason for refusal, and all the paperwork I sent to Sheffield from here were fine.
We are planning on reapplying soon, in about a week. Does anyone have experience with reapplying after a refusal? I know that the reason is very stupid from our side, but the embassy there kept saying that these papers weren't important as they had been sent to Sheffield too. I can't wait another 12 weeks, as the refusal came after 12 weeks. We will most likely be using priority service as it's quicker (usually), but can someone tell me, after reading this, does this seem to be the only reason of refusal? Is it possible after reapplication that they will find another reason, from the same documents, and reject again? Everything else seemed to be fine, only this was the reason for rejection.
I'm sorry for such a long post, but I'm so angry today, and stressed. I would really appreciate it if anyone could advise me, or tell me if anyone has had a similar experience? Anything at all! Thanks.
Hi Kraza,

So sorry to hear about the refusal, are you able to appeal against the decision since you have included appendix 2 with the application? Also can you provide us with a timeline of your application for reference? I also applied for settlement visas for wife and child in May and would like to see the timeline if possible.

Thanks.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Gujarkhan wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 pm
As far as i am aware the appendix 2 form gets sent with all documents to Sheffield. Are you sure you sent it. As it wouldnt make sense to submit it in Pakistan. All documents including appendix fm form get sent directly to sheffield office via the sponsor in the uk.
Yes, I’m sure that I sent the form with all my documents to Sheffield. We were meant to submit it in Pakistan too, but they only scanned the last two pages saying that the rest wasn’t important. I had a solicitor, and he made sure that the documents sent from here were full and nothing was missing. However, the full form of Appendix 2 wasn’t submitted in Pakistan. It says in the reason for refusal that ‘you have not submitted Appendix 2’. Doesn’t that mean that my husband didn’t submit it from Pakistan?

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 pm

This is really saddening to hear that just due to this tiny form they refused you. I also applied on 9th May 2018 non- priority but have not heard anything yet, I am also keen on finding out your timeline if possible.

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:33 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:29 pm
Gujarkhan wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:35 pm
Yes, I’m sure that I sent the form with all my documents to Sheffield. We were meant to submit it in Pakistan too, but they only scanned the last two pages saying that the rest wasn’t important. I had a solicitor, and he made sure that the documents sent from here were full and nothing was missing. However, the full form of Appendix 2 wasn’t submitted in Pakistan. It says in the reason for refusal that ‘you have not submitted Appendix 2’. Doesn’t that mean that my husband didn’t submit it from Pakistan?
This form is sent along with other paperwork directly to sheffield and if you did so then I would suggest you ask for a review or send them a letter stating why you believe of the incorrect refusal.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 pm
kraza96 wrote:

Eligibility:

No compassionate factors

Hi Kraza,

So sorry to hear about the refusal, are you able to appeal against the decision since you have included appendix 2 with the application? Also can you provide us with a timeline of your application for reference? I also applied for settlement visas for wife and child in May and would like to see the timeline if possible.

Thanks.
I'm able to appeal, but I'm not sure I want to because that can take a year or even longer. I will most likely reapply in about a week, making sure that appendix 2 is included, even though it was last time too! I'm so stressed and upset, why couldn't they contact me or my husband to send a copy of the appendix 2 if they needed it? It seems as though there was no other reason for refusal, would you agree?

Online application: 11 May 2018
Biometrics and passport submission: 17 May 2018
Documents sent to Sheffield: 18 May 2018
Documents sent back: 31 May 2018
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: 1 July 2018 (they called on a Sunday morning!)
Employer contacted by UKVI: 2 July 2018
Decision made: 3 August 2018
Contacted for collection: 3 August 2018
Collection made: 6 August 2018 (today, on my wedding anniversary!)
Decision: Refused

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm

asingh42 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 pm
This is really saddening to hear that just due to this tiny form they refused you. I also applied on 9th May 2018 non- priority but have not heard anything yet, I am also keen on finding out your timeline if possible.
I know, right! I'm so annoyed, because it was the only reason for refusal and it wasn't even a proper reason as I sent the form from here, but not in Pakistan. My application was also non-priority, but I'll reapply and use priority service. Good luck! You should be hearing back soon, as it's nearly been 12 weeks! I've posted my timeline

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:21 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm
asingh42 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:31 pm
I know, right! I'm so annoyed, because it was the only reason for refusal and it wasn't even a proper reason as I sent the form from here, but not in Pakistan. My application was also non-priority, but I'll reapply and use priority service. Good luck! You should be hearing back soon, as it's nearly been 12 weeks! I've posted my timeline
If you are absolutley sure that you inculded this along with paperwork sent to sheffield then I would suggest you write a letter of complaint and send it to sheffield and send a copy of it to your MP as this error is on their part.

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:28 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:54 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:

Eligibility:

No compassionate factors

Hi Kraza,

Thanks.
I'm able to appeal, but I'm not sure I want to because that can take a year or even longer. I will most likely reapply in about a week, making sure that appendix 2 is included, even though it was last time too! I'm so stressed and upset, why couldn't they contact me or my husband to send a copy of the appendix 2 if they needed it? It seems as though there was no other reason for refusal, would you agree?

Thanks for the timeline.

I applied on May 12 and did the biometrics on 16 May. We have not received any calls from ECO and just waiting for the results. It's 59 business day tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some news soon.

asingh42

Post by asingh42 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:28 pm
kraza96 wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:

Eligibility:

No compassionate factors

Hi Kraza,

Thanks.

Thanks for the timeline.

I applied on May 12 and did the biometrics on 16 May. We have not received any calls from ECO and just waiting for the results. It's 59 business day tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some news soon.
I am 62 BD today and I received application not straightforward email on 59 BD and just hoping decision comes soon.

kraza96
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by kraza96 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 pm

sevendust12 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:

Eligibility:

No compassionate factors

Hi Kraza,

Thanks.

Thanks for the timeline.

Good luck! Hopefully you’ll get the visa

sevendust12

Post by sevendust12 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:40 pm

kraza96 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:32 pm
sevendust12 wrote:
kraza96 wrote:
sevendust12 wrote:

Hi Kraza,

Thanks.

Thanks for the timeline.

Good luck! Hopefully you’ll get the visa
Thanks Kraza, I hope so too. Will keep everyone updated with the results. Lastly, I hope you can get through this and get the visa sorted. Good luck to everyone else who are still waiting for their results.

farhantahir786
Pakistan

Post by farhantahir786 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:32 am

I know this is an old post but i had a couple of concerns...

1) if the application was fine for all other areas, how did they check that? The Vaf4 form records financials and details of accommodation?
2) does the form need to be taken to the biometrics? I thought that all you need is your passport, emails/payment forms and application form...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:34 am

farhantahir786 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:32 am
I know this is an old post but i had a couple of concerns...

1) if the application was fine for all other areas, how did they check that? The Vaf4 form records financials and details of accommodation?
2) does the form need to be taken to the biometrics? I thought that all you need is your passport, emails/payment forms and application form...
Kindly continue in your own topic rather than digging up older threads and tagging on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.