ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

party925

ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by party925 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm

I came, along with my wife and daughter, to UK in 2008. I am currently on Tier 2 visa. Throughout this period, until now, my daughter is my dependent and is 18 years old now.

Can my daughter apply for ILR by submitting her individual application on the basis of long residence?

Thanks in advance.

party925

ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain - Absence from UK - no evidence

Post by party925 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:24 pm

I came, along with my wife and daughter, to UK in 2008. I am currently on Tier 2 visa.

I intend to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year continuous residence.

In 2009, I went with my family to Ireland (Dublin) four times. Most of the visits were 2 weeks long. One of them was for around 2 months. My passport has got entry stamp to Ireland. However, there is no UK entry stamp. I can only guess the return dates. I have not kept the air tickets, boarding pass, even the email is non-functional. I requested Subject access request (SAR) but it only shows the boarding card of my first entry to UK.

1) Is it ok to write the approximate date of entry to UK from Ireland?
2) What other evidence do I need to show?
3) My daughter is 18 and will submit her own application. What evidence she can show? She was in school at that time. School is not providing the attendance of each month. However, they have provided a letter mentioning that she has been a pupil of school mentioning start and end date.

Any advice please.
Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:42 pm

party925 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm
Can my daughter apply for ILR by submitting her individual application on the basis of long residence?
Yes, if she meets ALL the requirements of ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain - Absence from UK - no evidence

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:48 pm

party925 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:24 pm
I came, along with my wife and daughter, to UK in 2008. I am currently on Tier 2 visa.

I intend to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 year continuous residence.

In 2009, I went with my family to Ireland (Dublin) four times. Most of the visits were 2 weeks long. One of them was for around 2 months. My passport has got entry stamp to Ireland. However, there is no UK entry stamp. I can only guess the return dates. I have not kept the air tickets, boarding pass, even the email is non-functional. I requested Subject access request (SAR) but it only shows the boarding card of my first entry to UK.

1) Is it ok to write the approximate date of entry to UK from Ireland?
2) What other evidence do I need to show?
3) My daughter is 18 and will submit her own application. What evidence she can show? She was in school at that time. School is not providing the attendance of each month. However, they have provided a letter mentioning that she has been a pupil of school mentioning start and end date.

Any advice please.
Thanks in advance.
You should write the dates as accurately as possible.

You only need to submit passports, there is no requirement for any other absence evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

party925

Post by party925 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks very much for your prompt reply.

My daughter is applying for ILR on the basis of 10 years continuous stay. How should she answer the following question:

Other reasons for wanting to stay in the UK?

Thanks

party925

Post by party925 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:28 pm

This forum is great.
My daughter got ILR without a hassle.
Thanks once again.

party925

Post by party925 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:30 pm

Special thanks to CR001.
CR001 advice is always spot on.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Congrats :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)