ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Administrative Review (Mistake on the length of stay)

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Drened
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Administrative Review (Mistake on the length of stay)

Post by Drened » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi all

I hope somebody can help with this.

I have recently got my visa and there is an error on my length of stay (by three and half months), so I plan to apply for an administrative review. My question is, when I send off my application, will the current leave I have been granted still be valid until a decision has been made or will it be my previous leave (superseded by my current leave), which is still yet to expire?. I understand for refusals, leave is automatically extended under section 3c until a decision has been made. As this not a refusal and just a mistake, how does it work?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Administrative Review (Mistake on the length of stay)

Post by sah10406 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:14 am

Your Tier 4 leave has been granted and it is valid and current. It has superseded any previous leave. Requesting correction of an error via an AR does not cancel your leave, it just corrects the error.

The international student adviser at your university can advise.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Drened
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Administrative Review (Mistake on the length of stay)

Post by Drened » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Oh Ok thanks a lot