ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for Children Born Outside of UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jinn_baba
Newly Registered

MN1 for Children Born Outside of UK

Post by jinn_baba » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi
I want some advice on applying for my children MN1 please. Here are my circumstances:

1. Got my ILR April, 2018 based on Tier 2 PBS 5 years. Couldn't apply for family (wife and two daughters) since they had joined me in UK about a year and 3 months later.
2. Son born in UK in 2015. Filed for his MN1 based on my ILR in 02/2019. Still waiting for decision.
3. Applied wife and two daughter's Tier 2 PBS Extension (was expiring at end of March, 2019) earlier this month. Have appointment with Sopra Steria tomorrow for Biometric etc.
4. Family would complete 5 years in UK in June, 2019.

Questions are:

1. What's the best way to get to naturalisation with minimal cost for the family?
2. Provided the family gets Tier 2 PBS extension, I was thinking of filing for ILR for wife only when she completes her 5 years in June. However I was thinking of filing MN1 directly for my two daughters after my wife gets ILR under 'Discretionary Leave' without having to go through ILR for them. Is it advised or risk rejection?

Appreciate any help thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 for Children Born Outside of UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:45 pm

Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR and should apply when your wife does.

Children born abroad can apply for British citizen once they hold ILR and either parent is also apply for citizenship and the other also holds ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jinn_baba
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 for Children Born Outside of UK

Post by jinn_baba » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks much CR001, have a further question please: what if I apply for BC next month since I'd be eligible for one and later when registering children under MN1, one parent would be BC and other ILR?