ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa enquiry

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaiderrn
Mood:
Pakistan

Spouse Visa enquiry

Post by shaiderrn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi all,

i was recently granted ILR in August 2018 and now in December 2018 i applied for my wife Spouse visa. Paid the fee and nhs fee as well.
She is from Karachi, Pakistan. So her biometric is on couple of days so i want to know few things

1) She has to take any documents other than printed application forms + passport with her for biometrics ?
2) After biometrics we have to submit the supporting docs i like to know if you guys can let me know if i miss any docs thats necessary to add in supporting docs.

* Nikkah nama ( English translated + Original )
* Marriage Certificate from union council
* Whatsapp Chat scripts from past 1 year ( 1000+ pages reduced it to 200 pages ) + Video call screenshots + 1 year screenshots of dialed calls
* Her CV
* My return ticket as i mentioned she will be travelling with me
* Marriage photographs + Dinner dates photographs + Personalised Photobook
* My 1 year Payslips
* My 3 year P60
* My 1 year bank statement
* Tenancy contract 2 bed house i live alone
* Council tax
* Water bill

Considering i am sending too many things i want to know how heavy the supporting docs package can be ? and do let me know if i am missing anything please ?

Many thanks for taking your time out this forum always helped me throughout my visa journey in UK :) hopefully i will pull this one off too :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa enquiry

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:14 pm

* Her CV
Not require.d, she is not applying for a work permit.
What is your anticipated return date? How long have you been away from the UK? You do realise that a spouse visa from Pakistan can take up to 60 days or more before approval/refusal.
* My 1 year Payslips
Are you employed or self employed? The requirement is 6 months payslips and bank statements unless you have had more than 1 employer in the last 12 months or if you are self employed there is a lot more documentation required. As already asked, how long have you been out of the UK and is your most recent payslip and bank statement not older than 28 days?
* My 3 year P60
Not required.

What about your passport copy and her English A1 test and TB test?

I am fairly certain that the supporting documents have to be sent to Sheffield. Wait for others to confirm.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaiderrn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by shaiderrn » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:14 pm
* Her CV

Just to show that she is a doctor and will not be looking for benefits or any other sorts but to look for work.
What is your anticipated return date? How long have you been away from the UK? You do realise that a spouse visa from Pakistan can take up to 60 days or more before approval/refusal.

I am in UK right now but i am going to Pakistan in January 2019 after i submit her docs and planning to bring her with me at the end of Feb 2019 if visa is granted.
* My 1 year Payslips
Are you employed or self employed? The requirement is 6 months payslips and bank statements unless you have had more than 1 employer in the last 12 months or if you are self employed there is a lot more documentation required. As already asked, how long have you been out of the UK and is your most recent payslip and bank statement not older than 28 days?

Yes i switched job 4 months ago. Thats why i have to show 1 year bank statement. and i am not self employed
* My 3 year P60
Not required.

What about your passport copy and her English A1 test and TB test? Yes totally forgot.... Passport copy + A1 + TB Test also included.... TB test she had to go for SPUTUM TEST so doctor has provided a letter clarifying TB test as cleared and provided a CD as well. which i am going to submit along with all other docs.

I am fairly certain that the supporting documents have to be sent to Sheffield. Wait for others to confirm.
How about heavy package thing ? My personalised photo book + chat scripts are alone of 2KG atleast :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:33 pm

* Her CV

Just to show that she is a doctor and will not be looking for benefits or any other sorts but to look for work.
It is NOT required and will be ignored.

I am in UK right now but i am going to Pakistan in January 2019 after i submit her docs and planning to bring her with me at the end of Feb 2019 if visa is granted.
Unlikely it will be granted so quickly, it is very rare for visas from Pakistan to be processed that quickly. Most are waiting more than 60 days, some almost 8 or 9 months.
How about heavy package thing ? My personalised photo book + chat scripts are alone of 2KG atleast :D
Up to you how much you send but don't send too much, it is not necessary and can cause confusion and cause the important things to be overlooked. You don't need chat scripts (hope these are screen shots and not a MS Word or Excel document) for every single day. A selection of screen shots for every couple of weeks over a few months is fine. Same with 'personalised photo book'. Be realistic, HO are interested in your trip down memory lane. Choose a selection of key photos/events and includes those, most importantly is the wedding ones and a few from visits you have made etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shaiderrn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by shaiderrn » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:22 pm

So instead of creating new topic, i decided to ask on this thread few things

Its been more than 3 months since i applied for my wife spouse visa and we yet to hear anything back from them, however when i tried to chase them up 2 weeks ago, they replied to me that DECISION has been made on the application and we should get a call from VFS. BUT... its been more than 2 weeks and we yet to hear anything from VFS.

SO i tried to chase HOME OFFICE again and sent an email to them that its been 2 weeks and we did not hear anything from VFS so they replied that they thank me for the information provided and now they will escalate it to the relevant department and we should hear something back within 15 working days.

I want to know has anyone experienced this kind of things its been more than 3 months and normally if the case is not straight forward they send an email but here they said decision has been made but why VFS not contacting the applicant is my main concern.