ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police clearance certificate required

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Police clearance certificate required

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Hi,

The citizenship office is requesting police clearance certificate, which fortunately I have :lol:

I am wondering if I need to send the original certificate or a photocopy?

Anyone sent it recently? :?:

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: Police clearance certificate required

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,

The citizenship office is requesting police clearance certificate, which fortunately I have :lol:

hi. Where did you get the police clearance certificate. I am just wondering if the same i would be required. Thanks

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I got it from the EU country where I was living in the past.
zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:42 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:51 pm
Hi,

hi. Where did you get the police clearance certificate. I am just wondering if the same i would be required. Thanks

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm

Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

I will send them original cert and request them to return it back to me.
Finepaddy wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 pm
Few months back they ask me police clearance certificate with different matter but when I provide one they said they cant verified from other countries so it doesn't matter if its original or copy and this is true they have no way to check the authenticity of police clearance cert but still they keep ask to cover them.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am

They asked the exact same thing from me.Police Clarence certificate from home country.
My question is that I moved to Ireland in 2013 and I have the police Clarence certificate from 2013 from my home country. I don’t think so I need updated certificate as I have been living in Ireland since ? I am going to send attested copy of police certificate that I got in 2013 from my home country. Hope that will be ok?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:02 am

I have the police cert from 2013 also. I am going to submit that as I didn't live in that country after 2013. Hope it turns out to be ok
Enigma123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 am
They asked the exact same thing from me.Police Clarence certificate from home country.
My question is that I moved to Ireland in 2013 and I have the police Clarence certificate from 2013 from my home country. I don’t think so I need updated certificate as I have been living in Ireland since ? I am going to send attested copy of police certificate that I got in 2013 from my home country. Hope that will be ok?

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:21 am

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 pm
Mine is in another EU language and I have official translation with stamps attached to it.

Finepaddy wrote:
i read at citizeninformation website that police clearance certificates being issued here as well, so my question is, do they need that certificate from my country or from ireland?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

masterboy123 wrote:

Finepaddy wrote:
Per INIS website:

Retention of documents
We will not return any documents that you submit with your application to you. We keep them to preserve the integrity of your file.
If you submit an original document, make a copy of it for your own records first.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:25 pm

masterboy123 wrote:

Finepaddy wrote:
I might just send original certificate as the letter says to send certificate. No mention of attested copy so I guess they want the original certificate. I hope that certificate from 2013 will be ok? As I have been in Ireland since

Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by 001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:00 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am
masterboy123 wrote:

Finepaddy wrote:
Per INIS website:

Retention of documents
We will not return any documents that you submit with your application to you. We keep them to preserve the integrity of your file.
If you submit an original document, make a copy of it for your own records first.
For original official documents like birth certificates, marriage licences, and anything with an embossed seal/stamp. It is customary to have a notary create a certified copy for you to submit. We used Orca Print, next to the INIS offices in Dublin, for this. They are very experienced and knowledgeable about the application requirements and they do not charge solicitor fees.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:02 am
I have the police cert from 2013 also. I am going to submit that as I didn't live in that country after 2013. Hope it turns out to be ok
Enigma123 wrote:
Hey. Did that ask you for uptodate certificate. they didn’t accept 2013 certificate from me

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 pm

I think you need to have a new one, when I applied as EU citizen I gave them 4 months old certificate issued from Ministry of Justice and everything was fine. :P

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:02 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:59 pm
I think you need to have a new one, when I applied as EU citizen I gave them 4 months old certificate issued from Ministry of Justice and everything was fine. :P
Was it from Pakistan

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm

No its from Germany, but as my sister is lawyer she told me that :D within EU they have to accept documents up to six moths old, yours is 5 years old.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:10 pm
No its from Germany, but as my sister is lawyer she told me that :D within EU they have to accept documents up to six moths old, yours is 5 years old.
No I understand and will make a new certificate but I have a confusion. In Pakistani police clearance certificate there is mention of you address in Pakistan and your stay there. So should the stay be from birth to the time I left Pakistan. Or should it be from birth to till date ? I am not sure why they meant by upto date certificate. Think they just mean updated issue date. As the period is stay is till 2013 and after that I only went there so short vacations

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:19 pm

As my permanent address is still in Germany, got my certificate valid up the time of issue. Just saying this is to confirm that person a a ss is born xxx with address in Berlin, has no criminal record. This certificate is issued date xxxx and is valid for the irish citizenship application.

There is a bit confusion as I can still go to Germany, have a car accident or steal something from shop or get in fight etc, so certificate has to be valid up to issuing date, not the date when i left Germany which was 15 years ago.

Probably is the same for you, as you can do in Pakistan maybe do something wrong and if you dont inform INIS, they can think that is everything ok.

Hope this helps.

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:36 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:19 pm
As my permanent address is still in Germany, got my certificate valid up the time of issue. Just saying this is to confirm that person a a Surinder Singh route is born xxx with address in Berlin, has no criminal record. This certificate is issued date xxxx and is valid for the irish citizenship application.

There is a bit confusion as I can still go to Germany, have a car accident or steal something from shop or get in fight etc, so certificate has to be valid up to issuing date, not the date when i left Germany which was 15 years ago.

Probably is the same for you, as you can do in Pakistan maybe do something wrong and if you dont inform INIS, they can think that is everything ok.

Hope this helps.
Actually that letter has date of issue on it and a line saying no criminal activities to date. So I think that should cover.
The other section has period of stay which I am not sure what to put till 2013 or 2019. As if I am applying for citizenship then it means I am residing in Ireland from 2013 and not in Pakistan

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:50 pm

In continental Europe we use roman law and under roman law until officially you change domicile address you are still permanent resident with address in origin country ie. Germany. *Irish knows that* as they use common law which doesnt even recognize difference between permanent and temporary residence like in other EU countries except UK. :? :) :(

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi,
They have requested a latest certificate and kept the old certificate on their file. I am in the process of getting it from other EU country now, where I lived for 10 years in the past. Then I need to translate it in English language.
Did they give any deadline to submit the latest cert?
Enigma123 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Enigma123 wrote:
Hey. Did that ask you for uptodate certificate. they didn’t accept 2013 certificate from me

Enigma123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Enigma123 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:39 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi,
They have requested a latest certificate and kept the old certificate on their file. I am in the process of getting it from other EU country now, where I lived for 10 years in the past. Then I need to translate it in English language.
Did they give any deadline to submit the latest cert?
Enigma123 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:23 pm
masterboy123 wrote:
Enigma123 wrote:
No they didn’t give any deadline for submission. Did they give any deadline to you?

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:13 pm

No deadline. But some people were given 30 days deadline.