ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saamna
Pakistan

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by saamna » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:23 pm

Raihassan wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:19 pm
I am very happy. Thanks to Almighty GOD for blessing me with another opportunity.

I got my ILR granted.

Timeline is as follows

Online application made: 02/01/2019
Boimetrics done : 03/01/2019

Application received email received: 03/01/2019

BRP card received today : 22/03/2019

It took 2 months 20 days to be exact.

Thanks for prays everyone.

😍😍😍
Many Congratulations Raihassan! Just to ask does ur BRP mentions ILR... as I have received my BRP today and it still says refugee. I wonder if that's normal?
Many thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:19 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:23 pm
Raihassan wrote:
I am very happy. Thanks to Almighty GOD for blessing me with another opportunity.

I got my ILR granted.

Timeline is as follows

😍😍😍
Many Congratulations Raihassan! Just to ask does ur BRP mentions ILR... as I have received my BRP today and it still says refugee. I wonder if that's normal?
Many thanks
Many Congratulations to both Raihassan &Samna
I am hopeful to get a positive reply in April.
Enjoy the rid of immigration control now.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:45 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:19 pm
saamna wrote:
Raihassan wrote:

I got my ILR granted.

Timeline is as follows

😍😍😍
Many thanks
London22! It's still hovering over me.... my BRP still says refugee. Guess I still have to wait for approval letter. Maybe? I don't know. That's what I have gathered after reading a few posts that they have received BRP and still waiting for approval letter. I am scared now 😥

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:12 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:45 pm
London22 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:19 pm
saamna wrote:
Raihassan wrote:

I got my ILR granted.

Timeline is as follows

😍😍😍
Many thanks
London22! It's still hovering over me.... my BRP still says refugee. Guess I still have to wait for approval letter. Maybe? I don't know. That's what I have gathered after reading a few posts that they have received BRP and still waiting for approval letter. I am scared now 😥
Sorry Sorry! My ILR has actually been approved, though it still mentions refugee status on the BRP... the second part of letter clearly states that my application has been approved 😂... I was half asleep when read the letter this morning and went back to sleep after reading "refugee on the card, thinking it's still to be decided " ...just went through the letter in detail..
So here's the timeline:
Application submitted online: 28th January
Biometrics taken: 29th January
Acknowledgement email: 4th March
BRP and approval letter received: 23rd March

Goodluck to you all!!!

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:39 pm
saamna wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:14 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am
saamna wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:16 pm

Do they need passport size photos aswell? if yes how many? attested?
Hello Saamna
You don't need to provide Passport size pictures if you are applying through new service ( not sure about if you apply through old service though), when you submit the form it will ask you whether you want to use old service or the new one, i used new one for my mum's application. Booked the next working day appointment, through UKVCAS, (as all free free ones were taken so had to pay £100 to get out of hours appointment) then it even gives to the option to upload all the documents yourself or take them to the service point and they ll scan and upload it for you. ( i recommend taking all the relevant documents to service center anyway in case you might miss uploading any, even if you don`t they ll still give you till 10 pm if you ask them, to upload any more document after your appointment.) I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS EVERYONE.

Just out of curiosity i wanted to know that have you got a travel document ? if yes ..then at the end of the online form where it asks you to submit documents is it asking you to provide travel document issued by Pakistan ?(which it did in my mum's case and had to type a letter to explain that error on the online form)..just wondering what does it asks in the end now ?
Hi Coolstuff! Thank you for the detailed reply, to my surprise, it did not give me the option to chose between new and old service. Wonder why? So I suppose it's old then. What do I do in this case? How will I be sending the documents, and passport size pics?
In regards to the travel document, I never made any, the need never arose. So I just replied "No" to this. I do have an expired Pakistan passport, which they've asked me to submit along with any other valid passports ( which is not, in my case). For ur mum, any valid/invalid passports/travel documents submit all please.
Hey Saamna, thank you so much , i have already provided them with Mum's Travel document ( they don't keep originals now they ll just scan and return it back to you there and then) , & once you have submitted the application on Gov website it ll give you the option to choose between the services..
Hello Coolstuff
What has happened to your application?

Raihassan
Newly Registered

Post by Raihassan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm

London 22

It’s normal to say Refugee settlement as you got this ilr through SET P

Remarks will always say refugee settlement but it says clearly Indefinite leave to Remain

So yeah don’t worry about that.

My approval letter came one day after BRP card.

Amber_aziz12
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz12 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:30 pm

Raihassan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:36 pm
London 22

It’s normal to say Refugee settlement as you got this ilr through SET P

Remarks will always say refugee settlement but it says clearly Indefinite leave to Remain

So yeah don’t worry about that.

My approval letter came one day after BRP card.
London22
Have you received your ILR yet???
Any issue with passport thingi

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello Amber

I am still waiting .As Home Office is deciding most refugee ilr applications within 3to 4 months or more early I can assume a positive reply any time soon.I know my case of national passport is not a simple matter but I have explained to them and haven't received any questions from them on it.Hoping for better.
People who applied in January or before and have received any reply or nothing yet should share their stories here.
Good of luck to all.

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:31 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:39 pm
saamna wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:14 pm
Coolstuff wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:45 am

Hello Saamna
You don't need to provide Passport size pictures if you are applying through new service ( not sure about if you apply through old service though), when you submit the form it will ask you whether you want to use old service or the new one, i used new one for my mum's application. Booked the next working day appointment, through UKVCAS, (as all free free ones were taken so had to pay £100 to get out of hours appointment) then it even gives to the option to upload all the documents yourself or take them to the service point and they ll scan and upload it for you. ( i recommend taking all the relevant documents to service center anyway in case you might miss uploading any, even if you don`t they ll still give you till 10 pm if you ask them, to upload any more document after your appointment.) I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS EVERYONE.

Just out of curiosity i wanted to know that have you got a travel document ? if yes ..then at the end of the online form where it asks you to submit documents is it asking you to provide travel document issued by Pakistan ?(which it did in my mum's case and had to type a letter to explain that error on the online form)..just wondering what does it asks in the end now ?
Hi Coolstuff! Thank you for the detailed reply, to my surprise, it did not give me the option to chose between new and old service. Wonder why? So I suppose it's old then. What do I do in this case? How will I be sending the documents, and passport size pics?
In regards to the travel document, I never made any, the need never arose. So I just replied "No" to this. I do have an expired Pakistan passport, which they've asked me to submit along with any other valid passports ( which is not, in my case). For ur mum, any valid/invalid passports/travel documents submit all please.
Hey Saamna, thank you so much , i have already provided them with Mum's Travel document ( they don't keep originals now they ll just scan and return it back to you there and then) , & once you have submitted the application on Gov website it ll give you the option to choose between the services..
Hello Coolstuff
What has happened to your application?
Hello London22

I applied for my Mum ILR set p on 20th January 2019 and still waiting for a positive reply hopefully we ll receive it during this week or next week. By the looks of the forum it seems that if we would have posted the documents instead of using the UKVI center it would have been a bit quicker

Below is the timeline so far ;

5 years limited leave expiry: 19/02/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 20/01/2019
Documents uploaded Sopra Steria UKVI service centre: 21/01/2019
Biometric submitted : 21/01/2019
Acknowledgement email: 21/012019
Status progress emails: - 20/02/2019 and 20/03/2019
Approval letter: - Still waiting
BRP recieved: - Still waiting

Tawa11
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Tawa11 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:30 am
Tawa11 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:46 pm
G_li wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:10 am
Thanks my friend, but did you send your documents by post or you went to the centre they scanned the documents for you?

Please confirm. Thanks
Tawa11 wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:09 pm
Hi Tawa11, just to ask. Did you receive ur approval letter yet?
Hi I just received like standard approval document think they sent it to everyone. It came with my old travel document and other evidence documents l had previously sent to them.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:52 pm

Tawa11 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:39 pm
saamna wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:30 am
Tawa11 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:46 pm
G_li wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:10 am
Thanks my friend, but did you send your documents by post or you went to the centre they scanned the documents for you?

Please confirm. Thanks

Hi I just received like standard approval document think they sent it to everyone. It came with my old travel document and other evidence documents l had previously sent to them.
okay. Many thanks

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm

Hello Everybody

Today ,Im so glad that I have received my Refugee ILR.I wonder how amazing is HO service that within 2 months they awarded me ILR.As most of you are aware that I obtained national passport and disclosed it to Ho and they have warned me not to use national passport for travel & obtain travel documents ,otherwise travel on national passport would jeopardy the refugee status means cancelling.Well obviously Im soon going to apply for travel documents and would return passport to them.
Applied on : 02-02-2019
Confirmation Email: 04-02-2019
Biometrics Done: 15-02-2019
Status Updates Email: 15-03-2019
Residence Permit received:28-03-2019

I wish everyone good of luck.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 pm

London22 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:35 pm
Hello Everybody

Today ,Im so glad that I have received my Refugee ILR.I wonder how amazing is HO service that within 2 months they awarded me ILR.As most of you are aware that I obtained national passport and disclosed it to Ho and they have warned me not to use national passport for travel & obtain travel documents ,otherwise travel on national passport would jeopardy the refugee status means cancelling.Well obviously Im soon going to apply for travel documents and would return passport to them.

Congratulations I told you that you will be fine as I was in the same boat :) got mine in 2 months too and was not even aware at all that not to renew it so send it with application with old passport got the same letter as you are saying. After that consulted 3 solicitors to make sure to be fine for naturalisation so far all of them said as long as it's not used you are fine. Will update as due for naturalisation next month. Anyway have a free life ahead.
Regards.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Sand6 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 pm
London22 wrote:
Hello Everybody

Congratulations I told you that you will be fine as I was in the same boat :) got mine in 2 months too and was not even aware at all that not to renew it so send it with application with old passport got the same letter as you are saying. After that consulted 3 solicitors to make sure to be fine for naturalisation so far all of them said as long as it's not used you are fine. Will update as due for naturalisation next month. Anyway have a free life ahead.
Regards.
Thank You Sand6

Yes you are right.Goodluck for nationality and enjoy the freedom this status carries.I wish everyone goodluck , who is waiting or is in difficult time with HO .

Amber_aziz12
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz12 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:13 am

London22 wrote:
Hello Everybody

London
Congratulations I m so happy for you
Good luck

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:03 pm

Amber_aziz12 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:13 am
London22 wrote:
Hello Everybody

London
Congratulations I m so happy for you
Good luck
Amber Aziz
Thank you very much
Advance congratulations to you as well as you have the passport too so you will be fine as well.Best of luck.

sevntythree2
Newly Registered

Post by sevntythree2 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:17 am

hassan21uk wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:57 pm
sevntythree2 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 am
Hello Hassan21uk,
Cc to CR001,

I would like to thank you both for your responses. Hassan i think its a good idea to apply for Citizenship with the type of letter you mentioned, i will do that for sure.CR001 regarding the letter do you think there is way that hassan can forward the 2 pages letter to me ? if yes could you please instruct us on how to do (because as hassan said is a really important application in my life), and also you mentioned that good charecter rule apply for all application regardless of when their leave to remain was issued, However is this also apply for people who have an offence of (entering the UK without a valid passport-illegal entry), But been granted refugee status after their asylum interview . Please note: I present myself to the UK border agency and claimed asylum as soon as I arrived to airport, but unfortunately I didn't have a valid passport with me so i was charged of entering the UK without a valid passport, after that I been sent to court and imprisonment for three months (Interestingly I was granted refugee status while in prison ) , PLease CR001 AND HASSAN 21UK , I would like to ask you boths opinion about how will this effect my application for UK citizenship. will i still have to waite 10 years to apply for UK citizenship?

thank you very much again
I found a solution. I uploaded the letter onto a public domain (wetransfer). This way we would not be giving away any phone numbers or email addresses, nor any way of personal contact. The admin is more than welcome to click the link and download the documents to check.

use this wetransfer link to preview/download the documents:

Weblink removed due to personal identifiable details NOT being blacked out in the upload
Hello Hassan 21 UK,Hello everybody:

I finally got my ILR 1 week ago. Total waiting time 2 months and 2 weeks. I have two small questions:
1- can I apply for my country’s passport?
2- I entered the uk illegally , do I need to Waite 10 years to apply for citizenship or this doesn’t apply for refugees?

Thank you all again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:38 pm

sevntythree2 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:17 am
Hello Hassan 21 UK,Hello everybody:

I finally got my ILR 1 week ago. Total waiting time 2 months and 2 weeks. I have two small questions:
1- can I apply for my country’s passport?
2- I entered the uk illegally , do I need to Waite 10 years to apply for citizenship or this doesn’t apply for refugees?

Thank you all again
1. If you claimed asylum from X country, you should not apply for a passport of X country yet as this could cause your ILR to be revoked and cause HO to doubt your asylum claim.

2. Please post your British citizenship questions and the details of your immigration history in the British citizenship sub forum. It is not relevant to ask these questions in this topic.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Good Evening Everyone

Dear users ,I have recently on 28-03-19 received ILR BRP .On 27-03-19 HO wrote me a letter just to inform me that my BRP is on the way .But ,I haven't received an approval letter yet from HO which states that the application for ilr has been granted ....... and so on.Is it normal that BRP is enough ? Or I have to ask HO to send me approval letter as well or it may be next week I receive it.I am statisfied on ILR just a bit wonder about ilr on letter.Please guys who recently obtained ILR reply.

Ali786786

Post by Ali786786 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am

Congratulations all got ILR

Anyone applied end of feb and start of March.

Stressful waiting period.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:33 am

Ali786786 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:54 am
Congratulations all got ILR

Anyone applied end of feb and start of March.

Stressful waiting period.
Hello Ali. My wife applied as a sole applicant on 7 March, had UKVCAS appointment March 14th. Acknowledgment email 8th March, no further news or emails. However, 1-1.5 months, it's kind of early compared to most users experience.

All the best to those waiting.

Does anyone know:
If we convert/exchange ILR through SET(P) to EU Settled status, does the person lose the refugee status, for instance the ability to apply for a convention travel document as they cannot obtain national passport, etc.?

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:34 pm

Nationality: Non-EEA; Applicants: 1, no dependents (BC-EEA spouse & BC child)

5 years limited leave expiry: 04/04/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 07/03/2019
Acknowledgment application confirmation email: 08/03/2019
UKVCAS appointment: 14/03/2019
Biometric done: 14/03/2019
Status progress emails: 08/04/2019;
Approval letter: -
BRP recieved: -

Ali786786

Post by Ali786786 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:14 am

5 years limited leave expiry: 30/03/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 04/03/2019
Documents submit by post : 04/03/2019
Biometric done: 04/03/2019
Acknowledgement email: 05/03/2019
Status progress emails: - 04/04/2019,
Approval letter: -
BRP recieved: -

rayyfar

Post by rayyfar » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:18 am

Hi guys
Congratulations to all who have received ILR
And bless yall for helping each other out its beautiful
I have also now applied
5 years limited leave expiry: 16/04/2019
Applied online for SET(P) ILR: 21/03/2019
Documents submit by post : 21/03/2019
Biometric done: 21/03/2019
Acknowledgement email: 22/03/2019
Status progress emails: - ——
Approval letter: ——
BRP received: ——

Ahmad2019
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad2019 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:02 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 pm
Here is my current application case:

Leave to Remain ends: 28 April 2019
I am supposed to apply: 28 March 2019
I applied online: 21 January 2019
HO ack letter: 22 January 2019
Biometrics taken: 31 January 2019

I am currently waiting for news. Also, as you can see, I applied 2 months before the date I am supposed to apply on, but I provided reasons as to why they should allow it (I have friends who did exactly the same and still got their ILR approved before their Leave to Remain even expired, that's the dream haha).

Some extra information: I am Lebanese, and so were my friends who applied early. from the hundreds of pages on here I saw people mention that different nationalities are treated differently due to the relations between the nations, the current events happening, and maybe even the embassy's speed of cooperation (if that's a thing).

So I'll keep you posted to see if nationality does in fact play a role or not.
Hi Hassan,

Did you have any news about your application status please?

Thanks,