ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Szilvana » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 am

MsSteel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:55 am
Szilvana wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:29 am
MsSteel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 am
Szilvana wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:31 pm
Hey folks, I submitted my application yesterday and received an email receipt today, but I'm full of questions. I attempted to email HO but obviously got a "no-one will read your email" response.
Read through the AN guide and booklets (which is now changed), however it's still not clear:
How long will it take to get my passport back? (I have business and holiday trips planned)
It is not straight forward which IDs do I need to send:
-passport (I assume this is mandatory since the nationality checking service ceased to exist)
-driving licence (do I need to send if I used it to book my Life in the UK test?)
-permanent residence card (is it suitable proof of address for the past 5 year or do I need to send other documents (card issued 09 July 2018))
-biometric residence permit-do I need to post this too?
If I send all IDs, how will I prove who I am?!

Please help :oops:
Hi Szilvana, here's the link to the Gov.uk website on how to get your passport back:
https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned

VERY IMPORTANT: When you are at the "Getting Started" stage of completing the form, make sure you click NO to the question "Do you want to withdraw the application?"...for obvious reasons!

To answer some of your questions:

It is not straight forward which IDs do I need to send:
-passport (I assume this is mandatory since the nationality checking service ceased to exist)
I sent my EU ID card as I used that to apply for citizenship (paper form) and sent a photocopy of all pages of my passport.

-driving licence (do I need to send if I used it to book my Life in the UK test?)
Yes you do.

-permanent residence card (is it suitable proof of address for the past 5 year or do I need to send other documents (card issued 09 July 2018))
I sent the same proof of address for the past 5 years as I did when applying for PR as well as Council Tax bills for the following year.

-biometric residence permit-do I need to post this too? I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this.

If there's something missing, I'm sure the caseworker assigned to your application will get in touch to get them.

Good luck!
(I submitted my AN application via post last week!)
Thank you!!! I have no ID card, so it seems I have to send in everything.. I might try to get a certified copy at the post office before I post them.
Hi again, according to another forum of experts on naturalisation (UKCEN on FB), the HO does not accept certified copies of passport from the post office. They recommend the copies be certified by a solicitor or notary and if you're in London, one of their panel lawyers would do it for free.
I'd wait to see what the moderator here says about this as I'm not qualified to advise and have got it wrong on another issue! :wink:
Sorry, what I meant was I'd keep the copy in case I need any form of ID and would send the original with my application.
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:23 am

For AN application if you apply by post then you need to send originals. If using online upload and UKVCAS you keep your original.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Szilvana
Newly Registered
Hungary

Post by Szilvana » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:23 am
For AN application if you apply by post then you need to send originals. If using online upload and UKVCAS you keep your original.
I applied online but through the existing route - which means no link to UKVCAS

Ditka16
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Ditka16 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:32 am
MsSteel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 am
Ditka16 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 pm
Hi All, I am about to reapply for naturalisation which was rejected 4 years ago due to no clear 10 years entry. Refusal letter state to reapply in April 2019. My question is do I need to retake B1 level 3 Trinity college test which was used in last naturalisation application ? Thanks in advance
Hi Ditka, unfortunately your test is only valid for 2 years so you have to retake the test.
Here's the gov.uk link to check the validity of your test:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... uage-tests
An expired test can be used if it is a test on the current HO list, from an HO approved test provider and was used in a previous immigration application.
Thanks , so that means I can use it again even if application was unsuccessful last time ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:26 pm

Ditka16 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:32 am
MsSteel wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:58 am
Ditka16 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 pm
Hi All, I am about to reapply for naturalisation which was rejected 4 years ago due to no clear 10 years entry. Refusal letter state to reapply in April 2019. My question is do I need to retake B1 level 3 Trinity college test which was used in last naturalisation application ? Thanks in advance
Hi Ditka, unfortunately your test is only valid for 2 years so you have to retake the test.
Here's the gov.uk link to check the validity of your test:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... uage-tests
An expired test can be used if it is a test on the current HO list, from an HO approved test provider and was used in a previous immigration application.
Thanks , so that means I can use it again even if application was unsuccessful last time ?
If it meets the requirements as I stated, yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chawki26
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by chawki26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi everyone,
question for those who used UKVCAS services.
i made an application on the 31 january2018 at Croydon centre ukvcas.
since that time i didn't receive any email or mail confirming the submission of my application.
more strange is, im still able to log into UKvcas and UK.gov website, and there the option ( Book apointment)
on the websites, it's like i didn't attend an appointment to submit my doc and my biometric.
Please, would like to hear from you,
- how was your appointment?
- did you receive any email or mail to confirm the reception of the documents ?
- is it a website issue to still be able to click on (BOOK APPOINTMENT) on both websites or there is stg wrong with my application at the time of submitting it at UKVCAS Croydon, as the staff there didn't know what they are doing at all :twisted:

thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm

chawki26 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:44 pm
Hi everyone,
question for those who used UKVCAS services.
i made an application on the 31 january2018 at Croydon centre ukvcas.
since that time i didn't receive any email or mail confirming the submission of my application.
more strange is, im still able to log into UKvcas and UK.gov website, and there the option ( Book apointment)
on the websites, it's like i didn't attend an appointment to submit my doc and my biometric.
Please, would like to hear from you,
- how was your appointment?
- did you receive any email or mail to confirm the reception of the documents ?
- is it a website issue to still be able to click on (BOOK APPOINTMENT) on both websites or there is stg wrong with my application at the time of submitting it at UKVCAS Croydon, as the staff there didn't know what they are doing at all :twisted:

thank you
You should post your question in the existing UKCVAS experience topic we already have rather than in the General Discussion topic..

british-citizenship/experiences-using-n ... 7-440.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

chawki26
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by chawki26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:05 pm

thank you

RJS
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Need help - Should be an easy question :)

Post by RJS » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 am

Hi everyone,

I've submitted my citizenship application online via the gov.uk site and am waiting to progress to the "Commercial Partner Site" which I presume will be the UKCVAS Site everyone is talking about. I can't do it now as the page is erroring out, so I will try tomorrow.

The process seems simple enough thanks to this forum and the clear instructions on the forms.

My question is:

When I attend the biometrics appointment, I'm aware I need to bring my current non-British Passport - will they keep this passport for the duration of the application processing time (circa 6 months) or will they check it and then return it to me? As you might've guessed, I'm asking as I have some critical travel coming up over the next 6 months!

Thank you so much
R

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help - Should be an easy question :)

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 am

RJS wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 am
Hi everyone,

I've submitted my citizenship application online via the gov.uk site and am waiting to progress to the "Commercial Partner Site" which I presume will be the UKCVAS Site everyone is talking about. I can't do it now as the page is erroring out, so I will try tomorrow.

The process seems simple enough thanks to this forum and the clear instructions on the forms.

My question is:

When I attend the biometrics appointment, I'm aware I need to bring my current non-British Passport - will they keep this passport for the duration of the application processing time (circa 6 months) or will they check it and then return it to me? As you might've guessed, I'm asking as I have some critical travel coming up over the next 6 months!

Thank you so much
R
No they don't keep the passport. You are free to travel once your appointment is done.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shurki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shurki » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am

A quick question in new online application for Naturalization there is one question asking Have you made any previous immigration application in UK or abroad now I have been in UK for more than ten years do I have to give details of all previous application because I don't have any details apart from last one which was my ILR

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:11 am

shurki wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am
A quick question in new online application for Naturalization there is one question asking Have you made any previous immigration application in UK or abroad now I have been in UK for more than ten years do I have to give details of all previous application because I don't have any details apart from last one which was my ILR

Thanks
Yes. Should be ok if you list ILR as most recent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Annika
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Annika » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:25 am

Hi,

Could you please advise, when using the Visa & Immigration (gov.uk) website for citizenship application - how long is the draft saved for? Is there a way to delete the draft?

Many Thanks.

shurki
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by shurki » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Now after adding ILR information its asking me again same question if I had any previous application shall I select NO and move forward

Klmroyal
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Klmroyal » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi guys

My application date

Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 year PR
Language Criteria: LITUK + B1
Nationality : NON EU
Method of application: online + UKVCAS
Date of application: 07.01.2019
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement: 08.01.2019
Date of debit of fees: 08.01.2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 08.01.2019
Date on Approval letter:
Date of receipt of approval:
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:
Date of Ceremony:
Date of Passport Application:
Date of debit of fees:
Date Passport to be receiver

And still doesn’t happen

Do i need wondering and contact with home office

Or wait?

Please some can give me advice:(

alexbran89
Romania

Post by alexbran89 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Well they do say it can take up to 6 months so it’s still some time left.
I know it’s stressful, I’ve applied nearly 6 weeks ago thinking it’s straight forward but no letter yet, plus seen somebody that applied first week of March and got it granted by the end of March lol.
I know every application is different and all that but sometimes I don’t know how they manage to process some of them before others, also they seem to process all the paper application quicker then the actual online ones and again why they do that I’ve got no clue.
I guess we all have to wait and if HO needs any additional info then they get in touch with us.

Klmroyal
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Klmroyal » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:19 pm

To be honest it does me had in

So stressful.

Even I visited sopra center croydon brunch to ask my case all submitted.

The guys on door say we all send going true.

I don’t still wondering something wrong.

Even i wonder letter lost post office or someone take.

:(

RJS
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: Need help - Should be an easy question :)

Post by RJS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 am
RJS wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:01 am
Hi everyone,

My question is:

Thank you so much
R
No they don't keep the passport. You are free to travel once your appointment is done.
Thank you!

RJS
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Unable to book appointment for 4 days - anyone else?

Post by RJS » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:38 am

Hi all,

I submitted and made my payment for the first part of the application on the GOV.UK site on Saturday evening. I was then brought to the "Further Actions" page where I am asked the following:

Book your appointment
You are about to be transferred to our commercial partner's website to book your appointment. You can return to your application until 20 September 2019 by logging in via the link sent in your submission confirmation email.

Your application may not be successful unless you complete all mandatory actions on the previous page. You must return to the previous page to complete any mandatory actions before continuing.

<Continue Button>

When I click Continue, I get this error message (Still on the GOV.UK site)

Sorry, there is currently a problem with this service
Please try again later.

We are working as quickly as possible to fix this problem. We advise you to keep checking and when it is available, you will need to make arrangements to provide your biometrics with our commercial partner so that you can complete your application.

You can return to your application by logging in via the link that was sent to you in your payment confirmation email. The link will take you to the 'Further actions' page where you should follow the instructions on how to make arrangements to provide your biometrics.

This has been happening since Saturday evening until this morning - I've tried about 4 times a day. I called the UKGOV helpline, they said it was probably due to UKCVAS. I called the UKCVAS helpline they said they could try to book me in over the phone, but then couldn't find my details. I have received the email from the Uk Visas and Immigration on Monday, the one that has this text:

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

Question: Anyone having the same issue, had the same issue or know how I can make an appointment? I have everything ready!

Alexnat2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Alexnat2019 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi,
i want to apply online and submit my application, but I will then be travelling for 10 days and want to check i will be able to do the BRP and scanning of documents - do you know if they give us several options for this after we submit our application online and pay the fees?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Alexnat2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:26 pm
Hi,
i want to apply online and submit my application, but I will then be travelling for 10 days and want to check i will be able to do the BRP and scanning of documents - do you know if they give us several options for this after we submit our application online and pay the fees?
If you use the UKCVAS service, then yes, you get to scan your documents, enroll your biometrics and keep hold of your originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ffar2
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by ffar2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:58 pm

Hallo. I have quick question. I am about to apply for Naturalization very soon, I am saving money for that at the moment. I wonder if my permanent resident card is enough or I have to swap it for "permanent settlement status"?

Asmera
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Post by Asmera » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:03 pm

Phil2020 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm
Hi everyone, In the online application process on the documents section I'm being required to check the box that says "The travel document issued by Eritrea To Mr____. " before submitting my application.

The problem is I don't have any kinds documents issued by Eritrea, I have a travel document issued by the H/O of the UK. And in the application form I answered that my travel document is issued by the Home Office of the United Kingdom NOT Eritrea.

Maybe it's a system bug but I'm not sure how to proceed from this on forward.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi Phil
I have the cery same question? Could please let me know what have you done with your application?

Thanks
Asmera

smarioana91
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by smarioana91 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I have applied (EU citizen) via the new service at the beginning of February, and have not yet received any reply, although I am arguably one of the most straightforward cases I can think of. I do however see others, who've applied by post, benefit from much faster turnaround and getting their replies within weeks.

Am I right in thinking that the post application is much faster than UKVAS or whatever the name of that service? I am slightly annoyed, frankly.

Alexnat2019
Newly Registered
France

Post by Alexnat2019 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi!
Thanks for the quick response but based on the discussions above there has been a change and now the standard option online is only to have an appointment with BRP and they will scan the documents (so the option to scan ourselves is not possible anymore), or at least this is my understanding.
My question is - once I make the payment and submit the application, are there many options for the meeting with BRP, as I will be abroad for work for the next ten days? I'm really worried about paying the fees and submitting the application, and then not being able to meet with BRP to scan the documents quickly enough..
Any thoughts among those who have submitted their application since 29 March (since the system change) would be very much appreciated!
Alex