ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Selling in Ireland as a foreign business on Stamp 2 Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

katelyn1806
Newly Registered
Australia

Selling in Ireland as a foreign business on Stamp 2 Visa

Post by katelyn1806 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:50 am

I have a question regarding selling in Ireland as an Australian student on the stamp 2 visa. I have an Australian online business and was hoping to participate in a trade stand in Dublin with some physical products from my store. Does anyone know if my Visa would allow this, considering it is a registered Australian business? And the payments would be made to an Australian account?

I have tried contacting INIS but haven't received a reply.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Selling in Ireland as a foreign business on Stamp 2 Visa

Post by littlerr » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:16 am

Stamp 2 is student visa. It clearly stated that no business activity whatsoever is allowed. You could work part time but you cannot start a business on your own. If you involve in a trade in Ireland and will receive revenue for this, it is a business.

katelyn1806
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by katelyn1806 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:21 am

Thanks for the reply! However, it wouldn't actually be starting a business. This business has been running in Australia for the past 1.5 years. This would be a foreign business activity, which is why I thought there might be different rules

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:37 am

Student visa requires you to be on full time study. You can work for 20 hours a week but you have to have a PPS Number and pay your taxes. Whether your work is in Australia or Ireland doesn’t matter. You are a tax resident in Ireland for this purpose. Furthermore, running a business is not allowed under the student visa. Again, the location of business doesn’t matter.
Of course, if your business is solely outside EU, chances are very slim that they will ever notice this, but if you want to have a stand in a business fair in Ireland, you are essentially flagging yourself to DBEI and INIS.