ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI for U.K. Born child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hemant_lakhani

OCI for U.K. Born child

Post by hemant_lakhani » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi, I and my wife both are now British citizens and have OCI, we are applying for OCI for our newborn child, I have filled the online application form,
In the documents upload it mentions that in relationship documents we need to upload child birth certificate and further parents birth certificate!
Neither of us have our birth certificate, we do have our passports, OCI and also Indian passport surrender certificates. Will that be sufficient or we may have some issues getting OCI for our child? Please advise. Thanks

hemant_lakhani

Re: OCI for U.K. Born child

Post by hemant_lakhani » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am

For other benefit, we submitted OCI application for our child. Birth certificate of the child is required, but birth certificate of parents is not required, which will be required if applying onthe basis of GRAND parents India origin, I hope that helps.