ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 two referees information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raghu.raju457

Applying MN1 and moving house

Post by raghu.raju457 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:49 am

Hi All

I need an advise regarding the MN1 Process,

Me and my wife now have ILR and we are planning to Apply MN1 for my daughter who was born in UK. But the issue now I have is I have to move from one location to other due to job changing. if apply now will the application have an impact? also does the certificate contains any address information. Can I apply now and set royal mail re direction to my new house (this will be different council to one I am now).

I am not in rush but my little one starts proper school this September I want to get her passport before this and visit home country for few weeks

Can someone please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying MN1 and moving house

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 am

if apply now will the application have an impact?
I suggest you apply AFTER you have moved to keep things simple and avoid delays in getting HO letters etc.
also does the certificate contains any address information.
No.
Can I apply now and set royal mail re direction to my new house (this will be different council to one I am now).

Your choice, but I would advise you to wait till you have moved then apply.
I am not in rush but my little one starts proper school this September I want to get her passport before this and visit home country for few weeks
She will likely have it completed by then anyway.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raghu.raju457

MN1 two referees information

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:40 am

Hi Expert s

I am in the process of applying the MN1 for my 4 years daughter. I have started filling the online application but I am stuck on the referees block. There are two referees need to be filled one can be any one who know the child for more than 3 years and holding British Passport over 25 years age. The other referee the form asking need to be professional and knowing the child in professional capacity.

Can I use my family friend who is GP in some other surgery not from the surgery where we go. Or it has to be someone who professionally knows child.

If I am ok to use my family friend as the referee do I need to fill in his professional contact details?

Can anyone who has gone through the process or Experts please share your knowledge

Thanks

katanayi
Mood:

Re: MN1 two referees information

Post by katanayi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:06 am

2nd referee must be professional as for I understand.
I am also applying for my son, I took it from the class teacher.
It should not be a problem if a child does not know for three years.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks for your reply Katanayi.

Is it mandatory the professional referee know the child as in the professional relation.

Why I am asking this because my family Friend is GP but we don't use his GP or he is not our GP, he works somewhere else. Can I use him as my Professional Referee.

Thanks

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 am

Sorry I was too Rush to submit.

I also know other friend who is Pharmacist working in different location, can I use him as the Professional Referee

Thanks

katanayi
Mood:

Post by katanayi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:33 am

I am not sure but my understanding is that the child has known professionally.
let experienced people answer your question.

As letter clearly says:
Where  the  applicant  is  a  child  applying,  one  referee  should  be  a  professional  who
has  engaged  with  the  child  in  a  professional  capacity,  such  as  a  teacher,  health  
visitor,  social worker  or  minister  of  religion.  

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Katanayi

Thanks for the reply.

Hi experts

Can you please shed some light on the second referee.

Can I use my friend details who is Pharmacist works in the different area as my child's professional referee. It is really difficult, someone like the teachers are up for giving their details.

Thank you very much