ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity excemption card and maternity allowance

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

saeed123

Maternity excemption card and maternity allowance

Post by saeed123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi all,
I was on tier 1 entrepreneur visa and my wife was dependant now both of us applied for ilr and still waiting for a decision.
My wife is pregnant and midwife gave us application for maternity excemption card and maternity allowance .
Can we apply for this ? Does this will treat as a benifit and will this affect our ilr application ?

If any one could help in this that would be great help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maternity excemption card and maternity allowance

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm

It is NOT a benefit or public fund.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saeed123

Post by saeed123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your response. Just to confirm again she is recently changed her job and she is not eligible for maternity pay . Can she request SMP1 from employer to apply for maternity allowance ?claiming maternity allowance Does this will affect any way in her current ilr application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:37 pm

saeed123 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:32 pm
Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your response. Just to confirm again she is recently changed her job and she is not eligible for maternity pay . Can she request SMP1 from employer to apply for maternity allowance ?claiming maternity allowance Does this will affect any way in her current ilr application?
She needs to have been employed for 26 weeks prior to SMP1 as far as I understand, not sure if all employment or a single stretch.

No effect on ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saeed123

Post by saeed123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Thank you cr001

saeed123

Post by saeed123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi CR001,
i checked online and I found she is eligible to get maternity allowance £145 for 39 weeks .

In the last one year she worked for two employers and total earning is 19k ,She has no plans to go back to work after maternity leave.While she is on maternity leave if I vary my application to set LR i have to vary her application to flr m
can I use her 12 months income before maternity leave to meet the income requirement ? if yes do I need to collect any letter from the employer when she resign the job ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:57 pm

You should ask FLR(M) visa questions in the family immigration sub forum and not this one which is only for benefit questions.

Whoever's income you use, the person must be in employment at that time. So if she is unemployed, you cannot use her income.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

saeed123

Post by saeed123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:00 pm

Sorry for asking here , many thanks again for your valuable advice.