ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Humble request to work permit board to limit the priviliges of few moderators

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Humble request to work permit board to limit the priviliges of few moderators

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:14 pm

Good evening to work permit administrator/site owner. With due respect I would request you to limit few of the privileges of few moderators who without knowing change the status of members especially on the occasion when you are also posting where they are posting too which isn't an inappropriate act. I have suspected from near past the moderators called with CR001 & CASA they cause too much interference into other member's posts even though the correct advice has already has been given. I myself is not having 100% knowledge for which I put my signature at bottom and equally on many occasions I found out many mistakes and errors in their advice given especially by CR001 & CASA which when I correct then it does not mean I am disrespecting them rather coordinating with them that maybe according to them is inappropriate act. I am neither an advisor nor do any marketing for myself or for another person rather voluntarily in my available time help other members and with the Grace of GOD several members members got success through my advice. Today by forgetting all of my previous contributions and voluntary help to board either (CR001/CASA) have changed my status to thin ice for the sake of only one post. Therefore, it is to be humbly requested to not to grant full privileges to few of the moderators who lacks the spirit of team work and take things personal.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Re: Humble request to work permit board to limit the priviliges of few moderators

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Seagul, I had a look at the thread that seems to have caused some confusion and have responded in that thread.

As moderators, we have no monopoly on knowledge and only try to assist by repeating advice that has worked for others and observing patterns of what has failed. But our primary role is to ensure the proper functioning of the forums and monitor the tone of discussion and the language used. Given the language used in that thread, I think that it is in order to suggest to you to apologise to CR001 and Casa.

As you mentioned, nobody is perfect. An apology now and more restrained language in future may smooth things out.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Humble request to work permit board to limit the priviliges of few moderators

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm
Seagul, I had a look at the thread that seems to have caused some confusion and have responded in that thread.

As moderators, we have no monopoly on knowledge and only try to assist by repeating advice that has worked for others and observing patterns of what has failed. But our primary role is to ensure the proper functioning of the forums and monitor the tone of discussion and the language used. Given the language used in that thread, I think that it is in order to suggest to you to apologise to CR001 and Casa.

As you mentioned, nobody is perfect. An apology now and more restrained language in future may smooth things out.
In addition, the user seems to have a vendetta towards Casa for a while (and me now apparently) as frequently trolls Casa's advice taking threads completely off topic by constantly arguing their incorrect interpretation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:16 pm

I never tr
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm
secret.simon wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:20 pm

In addition, the user seems to have a vendetta towards Casa for a while (and me now apparently) as frequently trolls Casa's advice taking threads completely off topic by constantly arguing their incorrect interpretation.
No I never done that rather few times by mistake CASA assumed the applicant's as sponsor and sponsor as op and few things like that. And if I read it and try to add my opinion in it then I am not contesting anyone rather coordinating with you. I can once again assure you (CR001 & CASA) that I never written with the aim to contest/compete you rather try to coordinate with you. Without doubt you both are wonderfully helping a lot of members which greatly inspire me too and to the extent of my knowledge as well I contribute here too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:36 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:16 pm
No I never done that rather few times by mistake CASA assumed the applicant's as sponsor and sponsor as op and few things like that.
For clarity, I believe you are referring to this thread, where I attempted to make you aware that both the applicant and sponsor were posting in the same thread... which was confirmed by the sponsor. If you read through it again I believe you will see your misunderstanding.

immigration-for-family-members/returnin ... 77663.html

However, that's all water under the bridge and let's move on.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 am

Well! clarification over confusion has been provided, therefore, the thin ice status should be lifted and lets work together as team player.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:18 am

Hi admin,

Please restore my private messaging feature so that I can report you about suspicious posts and activities on the forum.

Sulla
Member of Standing
Portugal

Post by Sulla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:02 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 am
Well! clarification over confusion has been provided, therefore, the thin ice status should be lifted and lets work together as team player.
Seagul

At least you got an answer out of the Mod team. As for me, I have had several posts deleted from the Foreign Birth Registration thread in the Ireland forum without explanation. Unlike your case, I had not been engaged in any form of debate with the Mods. Instead, I was attacked (personally) in the thread by another user who does not like my opinions. The Mod team should have deleted his posts or considered action against him. I do not engage with this individual at all - I simply ignore him and have for 25 pages. Actually, the Mod team decided to delete my posts. I cannot see what rule I broke to justify this. My remarks were certainly not off topic or personal attacks.

To Casa and CR001 and any of the other Mods that may see this: I would really appreciate an explanation of these post deletions and a commitment to fairness in the thread. I seem to have lost posts and possibly PM functionality (not that I used it) because another user attacked me. That is nothing less than preposterous.

My original post on this comments about discussion board section of the forum is only a few threads down from the top of the page and remains unanswered. It is entitled FBR post deletions - Mod help sought. It is in the correct area of the forum. This is in sharp contrast to other threads here such as those dealing with threats to life in Pakistan which clearly belong elsewhere, yet received near instantaneous Mod attention.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:52 pm

Many thanks to Secret.Simon who had activated my private messaging facility earlier which now again someone disabled it which i was just recently been using to report any marketing/dodgy stuff to moderator to remove it as its against forum rules. But whoever did it i will say to her thank you much.