ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

workpermit to Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

purple2008
Newly Registered

workpermit to Tier 1

Post by purple2008 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm on a work permit in the UK but plan to leave my employer. Can I apply for Tier 1 without terminating my work permit first?

Any advice from anyone who has been through the process? If I get Tier 1 do I have to apply for a change in status or just tell my employer?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:19 pm

I don't think that you are required to terminate your employment when applying for Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:51 am

Being in the UK, you can apply for T1. Just apply, when you get one, this visa would override any other visas you have. Your status would change to a t1 holder. You can tell you emp then.

-H

arunkumarprs

Post by arunkumarprs » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:05 pm

Ist mandatry to tell the current employer about the change....unless WP expires
hussainkothari wrote:Being in the UK, you can apply for T1. Just apply, when you get one, this visa would override any other visas you have. Your status would change to a t1 holder. You can tell you emp then.

-H

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi,

I have done the same thing and my application is with BIA Home Office. You don't need to ask or tell your employer because it has nothing to do with them and it doesn't matter whether your current WP is valid or expired. Once your application is approved still you don't need to tell your employer.

Cheers

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:32 pm

I forgot to answer second part of your post. Once you get Tier 1 approved, you don't have to do anything about your status. You can carry on your current job without telling your employer about Tier 1 or get another job. There is no need to be worried about it, just start the application process. Good Luck