ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by tier21419 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm

SKiran wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm
Whoever got their ILR decisions sorted could you guys please leave us your timeline before you disappear from here :?:

I want to hear from atleast one person who actually got decison made after waiting long time/complex issues/further details etc.. Probably that will cheer up a lot of us and reduces anxiety a little bit knowing that we are in the queue and nearly there..

Thanks
When I saw that you have posted something, I first thought that you received some kind of reply from HO. But I was wrong :(
I tried to call the helpline today, it is a useless thing (in my opinion). The lady said that all I can do is wait for HO's reply. She did not even escalate my case.

Did you try any other mediums to find out what the complex issues are in your case?
Last edited by tier21419 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:24 pm

SKiran wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm
Whoever got their ILR decisions sorted could you guys please leave us your timeline before you disappear from here :?:

I want to hear from atleast one person who actually got decison made after waiting long time/complex issues/further details etc.. Probably that will cheer up a lot of us and reduces anxiety a little bit knowing that we are in the queue and nearly there..

Thanks
Why not have a read through the timeline only topics to get an idea and through the last few pages of this topic :idea: :idea:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 5-480.html

indefinite-leave-to-remain/lond-residen ... 14-40.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

szt
Newly Registered
Greece

Post by szt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi poppingweasels,

Thank you very much for your response.

I will meet a solicitor tomorrow.

Thank you
poppingweasels wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:27 am
Hi szt,

Yes the letter before action is the same as pre-action protocol. We basically stated within the fact that the home office has failed in its delivery promise and has caused substantial inconvenience to myself and my employer. We also gave a deadline for them to issue a decision, and threatened legal (JR) action if they failed to do so. Noting that up until we sent this letter we never received any acknowledgement of previous complaint letters.

21st July? That is ridiculous, that's even more than the 8 week standard timeframe for a non-priority application. Please do engage a solicitor to try and scare them into action at the very least.

Wishing you the very best.
szt wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:53 pm
Hi poppingweasels,

Congrats ..
Thank you for sharing your timeline,

I am also in the same situation,
I applied ILR on 28.01.2019 and received a letter saying I will get a decision by 15th February (SPV), and my wife applied for FLR- M on 7th February 2019 but till now there is no proper response
I called customer service 3 times, sent 2 letters, and finally, I reached out our MP, only generic emails,
But today I received a letter for my wife's caseworker saying they might try to process her application before 21st July 2019, this is disgraceful, am also thinking to meet solicitor, what is the letter before action is it same as Pre-action protocol? what did you mention in that?

Thank you
--
I finally got my approval via email today. They said a formal letter and the BRP will be sent in the post within 10 working days.

Full timeline:
Application: Extension to Tier 2 (General) Visa - Change of Employer
Application made: 13/02
Appointment at Croydon/Biometrics Submitted: 16/02 12.00pm

1st call to Home Office: 22/2 - hung up on me
Lawyer's call to Home Office: 25/2 - told that a decision would be made in 3-5 days
Official Letter of Complaint: 1/3 - no response to this
Letter before Action: 7/3
Follow-up call to Home Office: 18/3 11am
Home Office email response acknowledging Letter before Action: 18/3 1.11pm stating:
'We aim to complete all Super Priority Applications (SPV) within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately we have experienced some technical difficulties with the new UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service which has resulted in some delays.

Where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer we will refund the SPV fee.

I can confirm that your client’s application is now with a case worker and a decision will be made shortly.'

Email approval received: 18/3 2.44pm

I can only advise everyone to keep escalating issues as much as they can, and good luck to everyone still waiting.
poppingweasels wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 pm
The Home Office are now 3 weeks overdue with my decision, and it's seriously giving me severe anxiety!

Lawyer's call to Home Office: 25/2 - told that a decision would be made in 3-5 days
Official Letter of Complaint: 1/3 - no response to this
Letter before Action: 7/3 - no response yet

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
poppingweasels wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:42 pm
So, 2 weeks on and I'm still waiting...

My lawyer will be issuing a formal complaint today.

[/quote]

mullangi1237
Newly Registered
India

Post by mullangi1237 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12 am

artem1309 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:37 am
This post is just supposed to share my story about applying for a Tier 2 Visa using the new Super Premium Service. In case you are in a similar situation, I hope this information will give you some confidence and peace of mind - you are not alone!

First of all, I've already made a post in the "In-country Tier 2 application timelines" topic on Sat Mar 23, 2019 at 10:42 am so please refer to that post for the full timeline of my application.

Basically, my application was severely delayed: instead of the standard guidance timeline of 24 hours, I received my approval letter on the 8th working day, the decision was made by the Home Office on the 6th working day. Here is how the situation was unfolding:

08.03: I applied online using the new super priority service.
09.03: I submitted my biometric information at the Sopra Steria service centre at Croydon. 09.03 is Saturday but for the extra £100 (on Sopra Steria website) I managed to get my appointment on that date. Following that, I did NOT receive any confirmation that my application + biometrics was successfully submitted. This is totally fine as apparently, they don't send any confirmations.

I was so naive to expect the decision to be made by Tuesday the latest but that didn't happen.

13.03: I called the UK Visas service line to inquire about my application. They told me that 24 hours is a guidance timeline, but this is not guaranteed. The actual deadline for that kind of service is 5 working days. I was advised that if I don't receive my decision by that time, I should contact the service centre again for the official escalation.

18.03: Having received no feedback by the end of the week, I called them again. They sent an escalation email on my behalf and I was promised to hear back on my enquiry within another 5 working days. I was also told that I should be able to claim a refund on the super-priority service following the receipt of the official decision as the service was not delivered on time.

Just so you understand: that service centre has NO access to any information on individual applications and the best they can do for you is to send an escalation email to the Home Office and put you on hold for another week.

20.03: I received a call regarding my escalation. A lady on the phone informed me that the decision was made on 18.03 and the decision letter was posted to my home address. She gave me the Royal Mail tracking number. At the noon of the same day, the delivery attempt failed as I was not at home to leave my signature upon the receipt. Eventually, I collected the decision letter from the delivery office of Royal Mail in the evening of the same day. The letter confirmed that my application was approved and that the BRP was about to arrive in a separate envelope within 7 days.

As you might have seen, a lot of people get their approval via email. It is unclear to me why this is so inconsistent, ie why some get an email and some get a posted letter. Even the call centre representative told me that it can be either an email or a letter - that is very weird to me as it looks like a lottery.

Another funny thing was that given all the delay, I found my BRP letter in my mailbox just on the next day, 21.03. It was just dropped into the mailbox with no receipt signature required. At the same time, they denied leaving the decision letter (a piece of paper basically, not a document) without a signature.

Last but not least, I made another call to the service centre regarding the refund. They advised me to use the email below:
HO emial not to be published
I dropped them an email last Friday, 22.03 and still waiting for any feedback.

And the very last: throughout all this time, I was using the "Prove Right to Work" service available at https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work . I noticed that my work permit information (expiry date) was updated the day after the decision was actually made, on 19.03 and way before I received the decision letter. So I believe it makes sense to check it from time to time - just need your current (old) BRP number and date of birth.

I hope this information has been useful for some of you. I know how annoying and nervous it is to be completely unaware of what's going on with your application having paid extra £610 for the super premium service so stay strong and remember that you are not alone!

Best wishes,
Artem
I have applied for my ILR so can I check my status on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work using my most recent Tier 2 BRP number?

shiplover
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by shiplover » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:11 pm

I have been a silent observer in this group since December 2018. Thank you all for keeping me sane through what was supposed to be a seamless exercise! I received my ILR confirmation letter on 25 March 2019. Below is the timeline of my nerve wracking journey through "super priority hell":

ILR application SET(M)
Application centre: Croydon

21.12.2018: Application submitted online (£3018.20 including £610 for "super priority" service)

27.12.2018: Biometrics submitted (appointment slot cost an extra 100 pounds)

03.01.2019: First call to UKVI contact centre- was asked to call back 5 working days after application submission day.

07.01.2019: Phone call to UKVI contact centre- received the following response on 09.01.2019: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

Numerous subsequent calls with no outcomes whatsoever.

15.01.2019: Email to complaints division - received confirmation of receipt of mail and saying it would take up to 20 working days for a response. No response received till date.

21.01.2019: Realized something quite late..panic mode sets in.. Phone call to UKVI contact centre to inform about the wrong application form used (Used SET(M) instead of SET(O)). Told this would be forwarded on to the relevant caseworker. Received and automated response next day again stating "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

12.02.2019: Mailed my MP. Very prompt in forwarding it to the UKVI asking for a brief. Informed of up to 20 days to reply.

12.03.2019: Mailed MP again. Prompt response again. Concern forwarded asking for urgent response.

21.03.2019: First mail in the morning that application is still under consideration and it might take up to 6 months for a decision (I believe this might be when they started considering my application, just a guess of course). after 2 hours, second mail from UKVI confirming that my ILR has been granted.

25:03.2019: Letter through royal mail with confirmation and that BRP will arrive within 7 days.

Awaiting BRP. Super priority fees was refunded automatically.

My advice based on experience is to have patience. Get your MP involved, as my timeline clearly suggests it proved to be the game-changer.

Don't know how much the wrong application form got things complicated but..All is well that ends well!

All the best to those who are still waiting.

Do let me know if you require any information on my process.

Grenze
Mood:
Germany

Post by Grenze » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:03 pm

ssunny1985 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:08 am
Hi guys,

I am going to share my experience with UKVCAS SUPER PRIORITY SERVICE.

FLR(M) EXTENSION
APPLICATION DATE :- 02/03/2019
BIOMETRIC APPOINTMENT DATE:- 25/03/2019
APPROVED VISA EMAIL RECEIVED:- 26/03/2019

REGARDS,
What center did you goto? Did UKVI send you an email after you submitted your biometrics? I just applied today at 8am in Croydon for FLR (M) with super priority and haven't gotten any email. This thread is driving my anxiety through the roof. I don't wanna have to wait around for months after paying all this money and being promised a service 😥

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 am

Can members please kindly refrain and desist from posting 'Any Update' type posts, which are low value. When members have an update, if they choose to post it I am sure they will.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:52 am

Submitted application 2x days ago expecting a 24hr response but so far nothing. How many days should one wait before escalating? 5 business days?

So stressful.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 am

Sorry, by submitted application I actually meant I enrolled my biometrics and application was submitted by Sopia Sera.

No email or info from HO.

Mt1290
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Mt1290 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi,

I applied in Glasgow yesterday and received a generic email saying a decision has been made, however no specifics. Quite a vague email. Anyone had the same?

Atif786
Member of Standing

Post by Atif786 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 pm

Mt1290 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 pm
Hi,

I applied in Glasgow yesterday and received a generic email saying a decision has been made, however no specifics. Quite a vague email. Anyone had the same?
Hi , have you applied for Set O or Set LT
Atif

Mt1290
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Mt1290 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:15 pm

Atif786 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:50 pm
Mt1290 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 pm
Hi,

Hi , have you applied for Set O or Set LT

10 year Set LR

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:01 pm

So, as per advice from members of the forum, I've checked the 'Your right to work' Gov page and entered in my details.

I have yet to receive and email or letter confirming or acknowledging my Super priority application.

My first BRP deadline was April 6, 2019.

I just went onto this site and it said I can legally work until October 2021! Do you think this is indicative of a successful FLR M extension even though I haven't heard anything? Even though it's on my first BRP number?

Thanks

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 pm

adlrose wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:01 pm
So, as per advice from members of the forum, I've checked the 'Your right to work' Gov page and entered in my details.

I have yet to receive and email or letter confirming or acknowledging my Super priority application.

My first BRP deadline was April 6, 2019.

I just went onto this site and it said I can legally work until October 2021! Do you think this is indicative of a successful FLR M extension even though I haven't heard anything? Even though it's on my first BRP number?

Thanks
Yes I think you got it. Congrats and stay stress free. I am checking this website everyday and I am very nervous as I have not heard anything since 12th March. (FLR-M extension through super priority service)

MubaZaara
Newly Registered
India

Post by MubaZaara » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:11 pm

I have applied ILR through Tier 2 general route with super priorty sevice on 28 Mar 2019 and expected result in 24 hours but no email or
Exceptional case mail ?

Do i need to wait for week or send the complaint mail ??

If the delay due to my application than should they update in 24 hours ?

Applied for ILR Route : Tier 2 General(super priority)
Date application sent : 19/03/2019
Document received by HO : uploaded on UKVCAS portal
Ack letter received (if applicable) : no acknowledgement letter:no
Biometric Letter received : N/A
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 28/03/2019,10:00 am
Payment Debited : 19/03/2019
Approval/Refusal Received : Pending
BRP Card Received : Pending

sunset123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sunset123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 pm

I have been following this form since jan 2019. I wanted to share mine and my son timeline of ILR application under super priority service.hope this will be helpful for other members who are in similar situation. We both submitted Application separately. Both application were Tier1 ( Entrepreneur) PBS dependent five year route.

My son timeline online application submitted 20/02/2019
biometric at Mark lane London; 13/3/2019 at 7.30am
Email acknowledgment; none
Email received; ILR granted on 18/03/2019 at 12.45
online status checked; changed
BRP received; 20/03/2019
Decision letter 21/03/2019

My Timeline online application; 24/01/2019
Biometric at Croydon: 11/02/2019 at 11.30am
Email acknowledgment: 13/02/2019
Escalation made over the phone: 4 times as a result got two generic email stating delay is causing because we have request more information to other government department which is not under HO control.
MP email: 25/02/2019
ILR refused: 26/03/2019 Reason Language test expired.
Super priority fee refund:26/03/2019

I have come across with similar situation with my family friend he was asked to provide updated language test and then he got the decision. I was never asked for further information. I have submitted my language test when applied for my extension as well. I have been told one of immigration adviser that if home office used your language document then you don't need to provide new one.
hope this will give you an idea that Home office decisions are uncertain :roll:

fred22
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by fred22 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 am

Sunset123,

What language test you submitted? If it was B1 then it should have been alright.

just4today
Newly Registered

Post by just4today » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:32 pm

For all the people who have received "exceptionally complex issue" email recently. I hope this post will relieve some of your stress.

Here are my timelines;

Visa type - Tier 2 general to ILR with dependent spouse.
Bio-metric appointment at Birmingham- 13 Mar 19
Exceptionally complex issue email received - 14 Mar 19
Contacted MP on - 18 Mar 19
MP emailed UKVI on - 21 Mar 19
ILR approval email received - 30 Mar 19 Saturday at 9.00 am.

I hope you all get your decisions soon.

sunset123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sunset123 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:20 pm

fred22 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:06 am
Sunset123,

What language test you submitted? If it was B1 then it should have been alright.
GESE Grade 5 (B1)

dtsxpeh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by dtsxpeh » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Hi All. I’m applying for the Settlement as a Representative of Overseas Business and eventually option with super priority service (£800) disappear from online application but still on website in Fee Description. Does anyone know why is that?

Thanks an advance.

MubaZaara
Newly Registered
India

Post by MubaZaara » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:41 am

MubaZaara wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:11 pm
I have applied ILR through Tier 2 general route with super priorty sevice on 28 Mar 2019 and expected result in 24 hours but no email or
Exceptional case mail ?

Do i need to wait for week or send the complaint mail ??

If the delay due to my application than should they update in 24 hours ?

Applied for ILR Route : Tier 2 General(super priority)
Date application sent : 19/03/2019
Document received by HO : uploaded on UKVCAS portal
Ack letter received (if applicable) : no acknowledgement letter:no
Biometric Letter received : N/A
Date Biometrics Enrolled : 28/03/2019,10:00 am
Payment Debited : 19/03/2019
Approval/Refusal Received : Pending
BRP Card Received : Pending
I have checked Right to work and status change to
"There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK"
But no mail or any confirmation from HO.

feivourite

Post by feivourite » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:27 am

Hello all,

I have a very basic questions.. is this service 'UKVCAS Super Priority Service' available at all appointment centres or just certain ones?

Thank you!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:25 pm

The super priority service refers to the extra payment you make to the HO when submitting your application. It is supposed to deliver a decision in 24 hours following your biometric appointment at a Sopra Steria Centre. So it does not matter which centre you attend. If you have paid the extra £800, you should get a quick decision. (Unfortunately, many don’t!)

artem1309
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by artem1309 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:54 am

mullangi1237 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12 am
artem1309 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:37 am
This post is just supposed to share my story about applying for a Tier 2 Visa using the new Super Premium Service. In case you are in a similar situation, I hope this information will give you some confidence and peace of mind - you are not alone!

First of all, I've already made a post in the "In-country Tier 2 application timelines" topic on Sat Mar 23, 2019 at 10:42 am so please refer to that post for the full timeline of my application.

Basically, my application was severely delayed: instead of the standard guidance timeline of 24 hours, I received my approval letter on the 8th working day, the decision was made by the Home Office on the 6th working day. Here is how the situation was unfolding:

08.03: I applied online using the new super priority service.
09.03: I submitted my biometric information at the Sopra Steria service centre at Croydon. 09.03 is Saturday but for the extra £100 (on Sopra Steria website) I managed to get my appointment on that date. Following that, I did NOT receive any confirmation that my application + biometrics was successfully submitted. This is totally fine as apparently, they don't send any confirmations.

I was so naive to expect the decision to be made by Tuesday the latest but that didn't happen.

13.03: I called the UK Visas service line to inquire about my application. They told me that 24 hours is a guidance timeline, but this is not guaranteed. The actual deadline for that kind of service is 5 working days. I was advised that if I don't receive my decision by that time, I should contact the service centre again for the official escalation.

18.03: Having received no feedback by the end of the week, I called them again. They sent an escalation email on my behalf and I was promised to hear back on my enquiry within another 5 working days. I was also told that I should be able to claim a refund on the super-priority service following the receipt of the official decision as the service was not delivered on time.

Just so you understand: that service centre has NO access to any information on individual applications and the best they can do for you is to send an escalation email to the Home Office and put you on hold for another week.

20.03: I received a call regarding my escalation. A lady on the phone informed me that the decision was made on 18.03 and the decision letter was posted to my home address. She gave me the Royal Mail tracking number. At the noon of the same day, the delivery attempt failed as I was not at home to leave my signature upon the receipt. Eventually, I collected the decision letter from the delivery office of Royal Mail in the evening of the same day. The letter confirmed that my application was approved and that the BRP was about to arrive in a separate envelope within 7 days.

As you might have seen, a lot of people get their approval via email. It is unclear to me why this is so inconsistent, ie why some get an email and some get a posted letter. Even the call centre representative told me that it can be either an email or a letter - that is very weird to me as it looks like a lottery.

Another funny thing was that given all the delay, I found my BRP letter in my mailbox just on the next day, 21.03. It was just dropped into the mailbox with no receipt signature required. At the same time, they denied leaving the decision letter (a piece of paper basically, not a document) without a signature.

Last but not least, I made another call to the service centre regarding the refund. They advised me to use the email below:
HO emial not to be published
I dropped them an email last Friday, 22.03 and still waiting for any feedback.

And the very last: throughout all this time, I was using the "Prove Right to Work" service available at https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work . I noticed that my work permit information (expiry date) was updated the day after the decision was actually made, on 19.03 and way before I received the decision letter. So I believe it makes sense to check it from time to time - just need your current (old) BRP number and date of birth.

I hope this information has been useful for some of you. I know how annoying and nervous it is to be completely unaware of what's going on with your application having paid extra £610 for the super premium service so stay strong and remember that you are not alone!

Best wishes,
Artem
I have applied for my ILR so can I check my status on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work using my most recent Tier 2 BRP number?
Hello,

Please note that this is not a tracking service. It is just supposed to provide you (and your employer if necessary) with the information on your current work permit status.

The logic is that once the decision on your application is made, the expiry date of your work permit should probably change and I've noticed that the new date is promptly updated on https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work

But again, this is not a tracking service but just a very indirect way to check if anything has changed on your working status. In my case, I saw the new expiry date of my new work permit before I received the approval on my application.

And yes, you use your current (old) BRP details to check the status.

waitingresponse
Newly Registered
India

Post by waitingresponse » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:06 am

Anyone has experience of submitting supporting documents after biometrics ? my application is still in progress and I wants to upload a document but not sure they will consider it or not.