ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Re: Experiences using new UKVCAS for naturalisation/citizenship applications

Post by Tribulations28 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Nhr wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 pm
Thank you Tribulations28 I am planning to go on Thursday.

BTW, I have just noticed that I made a mistake on my form.
'Do you have a valid national identity card?' question I said yes as I thought they were asking about my countries Identity card. I gave the details about that card as well :(

Is it a big problem. What can I do about it?
« My understanding of that question is: do you have a valid ID card from your country of origin. So I guess you did the right thing by providing all details available to you. So I’m not sure what seems to be the issue? If the card is not valid still provide them with it and on a cover letter explain/correct whatever mistake you made.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm

Nhr wrote:

'Do you have a valid national identity card?' question I said yes as I thought they were asking about my countries Identity card. I gave the details about that card as well :(

Your home country ID card is not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:40 pm
Nhr wrote:

Your home country ID card is not required.
In this case, I made a mistake.
Do I need to do anything about it? Would it be a problem?

Thanks

1stGenMEBrit
Newly Registered

Post by 1stGenMEBrit » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:22 am

Hello. I have a question or more like an observation ..
Filling up an application. And in the main applicant questions there are questions asking details about national passport and other travel documents... However when a second applicant is added on the same profile, those questions are not there..

Anyone seen this?

It's not 'person' related but it's main applicant / second applicant relevant..

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am

Hi,

I attended an appointment on Friday, 15/03/2019 in Glasgow for myself and partner and it was a good one.
All the staff right from ground floor to the person that checked my appointment letter and the verification officer were all nice
I believe the staff have now understood how the whole process works.
I did my biometrics myself and asked why I have to wait since I have done that and also uploaded my documents before coming.
The nice lady that attended to me said they need to make sure that all the documents I uploaded are legible enough as well as the biometrics and that is the reason for the check. Although she did scan my passport again.
I requested to see all the documents again to ensure that she has not mistakingly remove anyone and I also did when I got home.

I believe the system is getting better. The only downsize is that I had to drive for over 1 hour from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
The journey is ending soon.
Thanks to this site and every member/Admin that have contributed and still contributing without charges to help others with advice

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am

lanrezy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:27 am
Hi,

I attended an appointment on Friday, 15/03/2019 in Glasgow for myself and partner and it was a good one.
All the staff right from ground floor to the person that checked my appointment letter and the verification officer were all nice
I believe the staff have now understood how the whole process works.
I did my biometrics myself and asked why I have to wait since I have done that and also uploaded my documents before coming.
The nice lady that attended to me said they need to make sure that all the documents I uploaded are legible enough as well as the biometrics and that is the reason for the check. Although she did scan my passport again.
I requested to see all the documents again to ensure that she has not mistakingly remove anyone and I also did when I got home.

I believe the system is getting better. The only downsize is that I had to drive for over 1 hour from Edinburgh to Glasgow.
The journey is ending soon.
Thanks to this site and every member/Admin that have contributed and still contributing without charges to help others with advice

Thank for sharing.
Did you pay extra 35 for document check or it was in normal fee?

Thanks

lanrezy
Nigeria

Post by lanrezy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am

Nhr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am
Thank for sharing.

Thanks
Hi,

I did not pay anything extra. It was a free appointment with no additional service.
They did not check the original of my documents.
They only checked the ones I uploaded to make sure they are clear enough for Home Office.

Cheers

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:40 am

lanrezy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am
Nhr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:49 am
Thank for sharing.

Thanks
Hi,

I did not pay anything extra. It was a free appointment with no additional service.
They did not check the original of my documents.
They only checked the ones I uploaded to make sure they are clear enough for Home Office.

Cheers
Ok, thank you

throwaway
Newly Registered

Post by throwaway » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm

After providing documents and getting biometrics enrolled, should there be an email from UKVI/Home Office confirming receipt of the scans and biometrics from UKVCAS/Sopra Steria? If so, how soon after the appointment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:27 am

throwaway wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm
After providing documents and getting biometrics enrolled, should there be an email from UKVI/Home Office confirming receipt of the scans and biometrics from UKVCAS/Sopra Steria? If so, how soon after the appointment?
No there is not. Now you simply wait.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anamariap
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by anamariap » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am

Hi, quick question for those that have used the new system: after I scan&upload the documents proving I have lived in the UK for 5 years (council tax bills, P60s etc), I need to take them with me to the appointment so they can check the uploaded scans match the originals, correct?
Do they then give them back? Or do the paper originals get sent to the HO?

Or more broadly: after the appointment which ORIGINAL documents get sent to the HO with the application?

Thank you in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am

anamariap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am
Hi, quick question for those that have used the new system: after I scan&upload the documents proving I have lived in the UK for 5 years (council tax bills, P60s etc), I need to take them with me to the appointment so they can check the uploaded scans match the originals, correct?

Or more broadly: after the appointment which ORIGINAL documents get sent to the HO with the application?

Thank you in advance!
If all is scanned and Sopra checks the scans and are happy (you should ideally carrying originals with you in case they need to rescan), then there is NOTHING that needs to be sent to HO in terms of originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

anamariap
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by anamariap » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:19 am
anamariap wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:18 am

Thank you in advance!
If all is scanned and Sopra checks the scans and are happy (you should ideally carrying originals with you in case they need to rescan), then there is NOTHING that needs to be sent to HO in terms of originals.
Thank you, that is great news! I wasn't sure if I could use some of the same documents for both myself and my partner as we won't make the application at the same time. So looks like it will be possible - many thanks for the quick reply!

kassa
Newly Registered

Post by kassa » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:27 am
throwaway wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 pm
No there is not. Now you simply wait.
There is a confirmation letter. I went for my appointment in Croydon on the 16/03/2019. On Monday 18/03/2019. I received the following email:
"Dear MR XYX,
Case ID: xxxxxx
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.
If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Permanent migration team"

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:33 pm

Confirmation email is for the application itself, not the biometrics. I got the email before the biometrics appointment, the working day after the online application.

Technically the online application is the application and biometrics are extra documents. I think if you don't do biometrics and submit proof of application documents (passport) within 6 months, then application is invalid, but there was one nevertheless.

So, again, as countless others have said no email confirming biometrics or passport submission.

BTW, in case it helps anyone Croydon has two floors - ground and first with same processing right now, but separate queues and different staff, so one may be faster than the other.

seychellian
Newly Registered
Mood:
Seychelles

Post by seychellian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm

kassa wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am
There is a confirmation letter. I went for my appointment in Croydon on the 16/03/2019. On Monday 18/03/2019. I received the following email:
"Dear MR XYX,
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

I received the same email the Monday after my online submission.... but BEFORE attending the UKVCAS appointment. So unfortunatly I don't think the email confirms anything about UKCVAS submitting the scans to the Home Office.

On my actual appointment (in Reading), it was a shambolic to say the least. The staff were very nice, but obviously struggling with the "technology". The two automated biometrics cubicles were broken, so everything was done at an overcrowded desk, where they have squeezed on a PC, fingerprint scanner, document scanner, passport/barcode scanner, DSLR camera, web-camera, and some other wand-like device. Any they have to use the webcam to video the capturing of the biometrics, which means repeatedly trying to align it with what they were capturing. Amazingly the appointment was on time, but I was very pleased I'd submitted all my documents online to save a lot of time!

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am

I submitted my documents on Saturday in Croydon. It wasn't busy. Only, please be careful with the navigator on your phone. It might give you the wrong direction. It took me some time to find the place, but it is ok if you are late for your appointment time because they don't really care.

The lady who was checking my documents was nice but not very good at her job. She was basically almost sleeping. She said that she just had her lunch and very sleepy!!! She asked me why I applauded blank pages of my passport on the system, which I didn't. I said that I didn't and worried they were not appearing in the system and then she said it was ok because she was looking at the wrong place. Then she was about the submit my application and she asked me if I applauded my BRP :shock: I said that I thought you already had checked it and she was oh, let me check it again !!! I didn't want to be nasty, but she really annoyed me. Hopefully, documents went properly.

I recommend you upload your documents by yourself if you can because some of the agents are not taking it seriously. Also, they do not have any chairs to sit down during the process. If you need to stay long because of scan, it could be tiring.

Any idea, how long it takes to get result?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am

Nhr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am
I submitted my documents on Saturday in Croydon. It wasn't busy. Only, please be careful with the navigator on your phone. It might give you the wrong direction. It took me some time to find the place, but it is ok if you are late for your appointment time because they don't really care.

The lady who was checking my documents was nice but not very good at her job. She was basically almost sleeping. She said that she just had her lunch and very sleepy!!! She asked me why I applauded blank pages of my passport on the system, which I didn't. I said that I didn't and worried they were not appearing in the system and then she said it was ok because she was looking at the wrong place. Then she was about the submit my application and she asked me if I applauded my BRP :shock: I said that I thought you already had checked it and she was oh, let me check it again !!! I didn't want to be nasty, but she really annoyed me. Hopefully, documents went properly.

I recommend you upload your documents by yourself if you can because some of the agents are not taking it seriously. Also, they do not have any chairs to sit down during the process. If you need to stay long because of scan, it could be tiring.

Thanks
Why not have a look at the monthly TIMELINE ONLY topics to get an idea :idea: :idea:

It can take anywhere from a few weeks up to 6 months, sometime even longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nhr

Post by Nhr » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:17 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 am
Nhr wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks
Why not have a look at the monthly TIMELINE ONLY topics to get an idea :idea: :idea:

It can take anywhere from a few weeks up to 6 months, sometime even longer.
I didn't know how to look at it. Thank you.

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am

Good Morning dear members and moderators.
I have been searching for the February and March 2019 timelines everywhere on the forum and it seems as if it has disappeared into thin air. Could someone post the links for the February and March timelines for naturalisation using the new online process please?
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am

Tribulations28 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am
I have been searching for the February and March 2019 timelines everywhere on the forum and it seems as if it has disappeared into thin air. Could someone post the links for the February and March timelines for naturalisation using the new online process please?
Thank you.
Really, 'everywhere'???

Literally a few topics below this one for Feb and page 2 of the sub forum for March!! :idea:

british-citizenship/february-2019-natur ... 77243.html

british-citizenship/march-2019-naturali ... 75921.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Tribulations28
Newly Registered
France

Post by Tribulations28 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:43 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:24 am
Tribulations28 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:18 am
Thank you.
Really, 'everywhere'???

Literally a few topics below this one for Feb and page 2 of the sub forum for March!! :idea:

british-citizenship/february-2019-natur ... 77243.html

british-citizenship/march-2019-naturali ... 75921.html
« Lol maybe everywhere was an exaggeration but I meant I couldn’t find a dedicated topic for the February timeline. Anyhow, thank you so much for your swift reply, reading it will help put my mind at ease.

chawki26
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by chawki26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi everyone,
question for those who used UKVCAS services.
i made an application on the 31 january2018 at Croydon centre ukvcas.
since that time i didn't receive any email or mail confirming the submission of my application.
more strange is, im still able to log into UKvcas and UK.gov website, and there the option ( Book apointment)
on the websites, it's like i didn't attend an appointment to submit my doc and my biometric.
Please, would like to hear from you,
- how was your appointment?

- did you receive any email or mail to confirm the reception of the documents ?

- is it a website issue to still be able to click on (BOOK APPOINTMENT) on both websites or there is stg wrong with my application at the time of submitting it at UKVCAS Croydon, as the staff there didn't know what they are doing at all :twisted:

thank you

chawki26
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by chawki26 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:32 pm

seychellian wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:53 pm
kassa wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:59 am
"Dear MR XYX,

I received the same email the Monday after my online submission.... but BEFORE attending the UKVCAS appointment. So unfortunatly I don't think the email confirms anything about UKCVAS submitting the scans to the Home Office.

On my actual appointment (in Reading), it was a shambolic to say the least. The staff were very nice, but obviously struggling with the "technology". The two automated biometrics cubicles were broken, so everything was done at an overcrowded desk, where they have squeezed on a PC, fingerprint scanner, document scanner, passport/barcode scanner, DSLR camera, web-camera, and some other wand-like device. Any they have to use the webcam to video the capturing of the biometrics, which means repeatedly trying to align it with what they were capturing. Amazingly the appointment was on time, but I was very pleased I'd submitted all my documents online to save a lot of time!

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:37 pm

chawki26 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi everyone,
question for those who used UKVCAS services.
i made an application on the 31 january2018 at Croydon centre ukvcas.
since that time i didn't receive any email or mail confirming the submission of my application.
more strange is, im still able to log into UKvcas and UK.gov website, and there the option ( Book apointment)
on the websites, it's like i didn't attend an appointment to submit my doc and my biometric.
Please, would like to hear from you,
- how was your appointment?

- did you receive any email or mail to confirm the reception of the documents ?

- is it a website issue to still be able to click on (BOOK APPOINTMENT) on both websites or there is stg wrong with my application at the time of submitting it at UKVCAS Croydon, as the staff there didn't know what they are doing at all :twisted:

thank you
I haven’t used them myself as I went through the NCS process, but I am sure anyone who’s been through could tell you more about it, or the moderators can give more informations! Best of luck
Non-EEA (McCarthy Transitional Arrangement case)
PR card rec/dated:28 April 17
British Citizen: Dec 17