ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absent from the state for more than 6 weeks in the past 5 years

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Submitting Application for Irish Naturalization

Post by AmuPan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi,

I am planning to submit my application based on 5 years of Reckonable residence. Just wondering what all originals we have to submit, I believe just passport? Do we have to send a self -addressed envelop to get the passport back ?

And also,
In Statutory Declaration section ( Page 32 ) available in this form,http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-CTZ ... m-CTZ3.pdf

What is Insert Authorising Statutory Provision W2

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Submitting Application for Irish Naturalization

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:31 pm

w2 -- is for lawyer or justice of peace to sign and witness your declaration - you are not filling here nothing. Also you need to send original passport, social card, no need for self address envelope, also birth certificate true copy or original. I sent original and they return it later on. :lol: :D

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:37 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:31 pm
w2 -- is for lawyer or justice of peace to sign and witness your declaration - you are not filling here nothing. Also you need to send original passport, social card, no need for self address envelope, also birth certificate true copy or original. I sent original and they return it later on. :lol: :D
U dont need to send original PSC card, copy will be fine. Send birth certificate attested copy in case if they lost, they wont be responsible for original and letter if they need original they will ask you.
Make sure u sign application infront of solicitor so he can attest. Saw this mistake in past and department refused application.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm

The only original I submitted is my passport.
I did not submit a copy of my Public Service Card (there is a requirement to applicants to apply for it, but there's no requirement to attach a copy of it).
I submitted a certified copy of my birth certificate when I asked the solicitor to witness my application.
The solicitor will complete section W2 as well.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm
I did not submit a copy of my Public Service Card (there is a requirement to applicants to apply for it, but there's no requirement to attach a copy of it).
I submitted a certified copy of my birth certificate when I asked the solicitor to witness my application.

Yes they do ask copy of PSC card otherwise they dont know if u have PSC or not.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:50 pm
littlerr wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:45 pm

Yes they do ask copy of PSC card otherwise they dont know if u have PSC or not.
That was just for the transit period, when they couldn't see whether you have a PSC or not. The integration was done last year so there was no longer this requirement.

If you look at the latest application form, it lists all the required documents. For other documents, it says "Copy of xxxx", but for PSC it just says "As and from 19 September 2016 all applicants for a certificate of naturalisation aged 18 or over who are resident in the State must be registered with the Department of Social
Protection for a Public Services Card (PSC)."

I applied in July 2018 and some of my friends applied last year as well. We checked documents together and none of us supplied a copy of PSC.

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmuPan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Thanks everyone for the reply. Much appreciated.

My lawyer left w2 blank and said nothing required. I did sign in front of him and he signed in his box. Same date we entered , is that not enough? Do I ask him to sign in w2 ?

Thanks

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 pm

Not to be confused lawyer is not signing W2 only commissioner for oaths - where he or she puts their registration number. :) so should all be fine for you.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:49 pm

A Commissioner for Oaths is a person who is authorised to verify affidavits, statutory declarations and other legal documents. Affidavits are statements in writing and on oath, and statutory declarations are written statements of facts that the person signs and declares to be true. :D

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmuPan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:55 pm

Thanks for your quick response. Much appreciated

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Absent from the state for more than 6 weeks in the past 5 years

Post by AmuPan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:33 am

Hi,

I need clarification to answer this query please,

Have you been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years? ( )
Yes
No
If you answered Yes to 5.6 please provide details of all absences from the State on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

In my situation, I went to India from August 2016 to March 2017, I had a family in Ireland though, my husband was staying here. I went to India to get help as I was in maternity leave. I have enough days even considering this gap.

Now I understood I have to declare this. But then they ask me to declare all absenses.

1. Do they mean for the last 8 years??
2. Should I give explanation for my gap? Will telling them, help required to take care of my baby look bad in the application?
3. Does anyone mind sharing a template of this letter if you have?
4. And also they want a covering letter, what do they expect in that?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absent from the state for more than 6 weeks in the past 5 years

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 am

Topics merged.

Kindly keep all questions on the same application in one topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmuPan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:54 pm

Any info on this please?

This forum has been very useful to me . Hope I get some pointers here :)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:57 pm

1. Do they mean for the last 8 years??
- You already copied over their question - it says 5 years.
2. Should I give explanation for my gap? Will telling them, help required to take care of my baby look bad in the application?
- My understanding is that if it is not in the last 365 days, you don't have to explain it, but you will need to remove these days when you calculate your 5 year residency. However, if this happens to me, I will want to explain the situation and I will explicitly mention that these days are not counted in my application.
3. Does anyone mind sharing a template of this letter if you have?
- You are not writing a college essay. Take it easy. Just draw a grid. Put in your from date, to date, number of days, and the reason that you are not in the country.
4. And also they want a covering letter, what do they expect in that?
- I have not heard of this requirement. What are you referring to?

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Birth Certificate Requirement for Naturalization

Post by AmuPan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply on absence from the State query. I got the letter sorted.

I have another query on Birth Certificate, could somone help please?
I am from India. I don't have Birth Certificate. Hospital letter gave to my parents when I was born is of no use as my name is not mentioned and my Parents name has lot of errors in it.

I applied for a Birth Affidavit from Indian embassy at Dublin and have received one.

In Naturalization Applicaition form, it says,

In certain limited and exceptional
circumstances a birth affidavit may be accepted in lieu of a Birth Certificate where you can show
satisfactory evidence that the certificate is not available and cannot be obtained.

My Query is how can we prove it cannot be obtained? Any pointers please,
Thanks in advance,

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:53 pm

The certificate you obtained from your embassy is your birth certificate even if it is called birth affidavits.

Chinese citizens born before 1996 do not have an official version of birth certificate either, so we use birth certificates issued by the Chinese authority. There was never any problem with it.

Birth affidavits are in the case where you are unable to obtain a written proof from your authority (e.g. if you are a political refugee), so you will have to just basically say "I'm telling you I was born on <date> in <place>. My father is ABC and my mother is DEF" and ask them to believe you.
INIS has a template for birth affidavits: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Applicat ... 0Mar16.pdf

REW
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by REW » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Personally I travel a lot either with work or holidays, What I did was I put a list into an excel spreadsheet.

Here is Example

From 01/01/2019 to 05/01/2019 London (Work)
From 01/02/2019 to 07/02/2019 Spain (holiday)

I did that list for the pass 5 years, I applied in September 2018 and got my proposes grant letter last week. In 2018 alone I am out of the country more then 12 weeks, As long as you can explain why you been absence for that period of time then it shouldn’t be a problem.

Good luck!

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Post by AmuPan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:09 am

Thanks for all your input.

AmuPan
Newly Registered
India

Timeline for Application based on Reckonable residence in Ireland

Post by AmuPan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:03 pm

Hello,

I know there are many threads talking about timelines and cremonies. I finally got the guts to submit my application this week. Took lot of advice from this forum so thanks for that.

Just wondering what is the process like.

I read few posts and got an idea that these are the major dates,

Applied On:
Application received On:
Acknowledgement :
Second Letter:
Awaiting On Approval:
Date of Ceremony:

At what stage will I get my Passport back ? I wish they have more visibility in this process. :roll:

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:15 pm

For some people, it's 2 or 3 days. For others, it's more than 6 weeks. We don't know what they do and why there's such a huge difference.
You should plan for at least 6 weeks without passport. If it takes more than 6 weeks and you need your passport for other purposes, you can email or write to them to request for the passport back.

maieboard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Birth Certificate Requirement for Naturalization

Post by maieboard » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm

AmuPan wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi,

I am from India. I don't have Birth Certificate. Hospital letter gave to my parents when I was born is of no use as my name is not mentioned and my Parents name has lot of errors in it.

I applied for a Birth Affidavit from Indian embassy at Dublin and have received one.

circumstances a birth affidavit may be accepted in lieu of a Birth Certificate where you can show
satisfactory evidence that the certificate is not available and cannot be obtained.

Thanks in advance,
@AmuPan I have similar doubt about absence from Ireland for morethan 6weeks perannum in past 5years.
I presume its calendar year (1st Jan - 31st December).
In the attached letter, did you mentioned all the absences or only the periods every calendar year which exceeds 6weeks ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Birth Certificate Requirement for Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:24 pm

maieboard wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:16 pm
AmuPan wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:09 pm
Hi,

Thanks in advance,
@AmuPan I have similar doubt about absence from Ireland for morethan 6weeks perannum in past 5years.
I presume its calendar year (1st Jan - 31st December).
In the attached letter, did you mentioned all the absences or only the periods every calendar year which exceeds 6weeks ?

Thanks
Kindly continue in your existing topic rather than tagging onto old ones.

ireland/morethan-6weeks-per-annum-in-la ... l#p1842185
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.