ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A2 Requirement not met visa refused

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chrisb200
Newly Registered

A2 Requirement not met visa refused

Post by chrisb200 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Hi all,

My partners visa was rejected as the A2 English language requirement was not met. originally we had completed the a1, however we know find out that a2 is need for extending on the first 2.5 years, as a part of the 5 year route.

Has anyone had a similar situation and how did they resolve this issue, as we cant take the english exam as the HO has this, and is needed for the test to be made. Its very frustrating as how can you be expected to put something write if they wont give you the opportunity? We have employed an immigration solicitor but wonder if anyone had a similar experience and managed to get things sorted

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: A2 Requirement not met visa refused

Post by bizman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:04 am

Why don’t you urgently apply for English language test as it is a compulsory requirement that will not be waived for anyone. When you do resubmit your application within 14 days and give them evidence you have registered, they might by that give you a chance to get the certificate and then issue your visa
Bizman

chrisb200
Newly Registered

Post by chrisb200 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:42 pm

sorry to say we are trying to get an exam, however the home office has the passport which is the only identification we have to use, so its impossible to book.

Has anyone managed to successfully get their passport back to do the test?

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:10 pm

You don’t have your BRP too. I guess there are other accepted IDs like Drivers license etc
Bizman

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm

Their refusal may be unlawful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

latino4ever
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ecuador

Post by latino4ever » Sun May 12, 2019 9:07 pm

Reading a couple of post I find that many users have been in the same situation. In brief my situation is currently as follows.
1 - BRP expiry 02/2019
2 - Visa was refused 03/04/2019
2a - Reason: Not meeting A2 certificate for second renewal, my mistake as I thought why would second renewal be different from first renewal
2b - Passport and expired BRP withheld by UKVI
3 - 03/04/2019 After investigation all SELTs centres require original up to date proof of ID which was withheld by UKVI.
4 - 03/04/2019 UKVI Customer centre advised that an online passport return request should be submitted with the following reason “Passport is needed for proof of ID to take SELT”
5 - 03/04/2019 UKVI customer centre asked for the request reference number and will escalate the request.
6 - 04/04/2019 contacted UKVI and was advised the request was submitted and will need to wait
7 - Submitted the appeal as we didn’t want to break the status and be classed as overstayer (still waiting to hear but 140£ has been debited)
8 - 29/04/2019 Passport was returned (60 days to return the passport) and SELT B1 level booked and passed on 04/05/2019 with certificate delivered on 10/05/2019
9 - Can you share your knowledge and experience to answer my questions:
9a - Will the 5 year route be affected in any way?
9b - I don’t know the next steps from here, can you advice past experiences such as a) submit a brand new application or b)send the certificate to the UKVI