ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay more than 10 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

waqas734
Pakistan

Re: delay more than 10 months

Post by waqas734 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:36 am

I really dont know then as after searching whole forum back from last 4 years or so everybody who got straight reply that “ you application is with case worker now” got their decision within 3 weeks of that and other cases where reply was like yours which is a bit lengthy and complicated been waiting for 10 months or longer hope you and mine comes sooner :)

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:41 am

I have 8 replies from home office one was from MP, the one i mention here is the one homeoffice replied to MP, other ones are quite same, they just add few lines like, i’m sorry there is not much i can add from previous communication we have sent, but InshaAllah bro, will get good news soon be patient 😍☺️

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:15 am

waqas734 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:29 am
opo19 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:17 am
No i have been told in few emails that it is assigned to a case worker once you have been given case id, its with the case worker but they are doing check, don’t know what kind of checks which on few applications it took years and other application doesn’t take even a month, case assigned to case worker does not mean it will be decided soon, its just within homeoffice there are few departments and few organisations internal and external which are slow and does not reply them soon, i don’t look for post anymore because i have done all i can, solicitors says you can’t even taje them to court because its up to them when to decide once all checks are done, so its wait like hell and forever...
Please check the following reply which reveals the internal stages and process for handling naturalization process replied offcially by home office

Applications are received and cases are then created, checks are requested and when applications/cases are ready for a decision they are allocated to a caseworker. Cases are allocated for a decision date order “

So your application still not with case worker yet as after getting all checks done they allocate it to case worker for final decision , case id are generated when applications are received doesnt mean they are allocated to case worker straightaway
It's worth bearing in mind that the online process could be very different, given the case is automatically created and allocated.

skhan18
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by skhan18 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:36 pm

hi
is anyone get any update who is waiting more than 10 months?

it is really stressing.

thanks

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:11 pm

hi, yea i got update today, let me write down and post it

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:22 pm

Here is the reply i have got today dated: 20 March 2019

Dear Mr.........

'' The Home Office makes a number of enquiries before reaching a decision on whether to grant citizenship.
Enquiries are not limited to criminal records or to a person's activities within the United Kingdom. Nor is there a limit set out in nationality law on the time taken to carry out those enquiries.

As part of application process, the Home Office routinely conducts enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstances of each application.

I checked your application and confirm the enquiries are nearing conclusion.

Once all necessary enquiries are conducted we will be in a position to consider the application. Your application will be allocated to a caseworker shortly. Please be advised that it is not possible to provide a timescale for a decision to be issued, as this will depend on the findings of any of the previously mentioned enquiries and a full consideration of the case.
We will be in touch with you once a decision has been reached, or if we require any further information.

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:26 pm

they answer my question this time which is surprise actually because they never answer to the question.
they have confirm that enquiries are nearly done, and after that my case will be allocated to a case worker.

can anyone tell me after enquiries are done and case allocated to a case worker for decision, how long after that i can expect decision on my application?

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi Waqas,What mean by external agencies check as the HO carries that check internal and external?

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:15 pm

Ilrsetm wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:32 pm
Hi Waqas,What mean by external agencies check as the HO carries that check internal and external?
As i said earlier i can explain the full process and that is 100% correct

After all checks are done than applications are allocated to case worker who than conclude the case within few weeks i received my approval on few weeks ago already and i was trying to explain the same thing to the op who was saying his case is also now with the case worker all the email i sent to HO they replied me accurately and i almost knew my decision was a week away than they confired my application was approved even on email so all done for me now and wishing luck to eveybody else

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:53 am

There must be something home office is concerened about. Anything u can think of in the past that might have put home office in suspicion. My application got approved in 2 months

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:59 am

Waqas and Nusrat Ali,
My question was regarding the checks internal and external what mean by both them do you know or shed some lights on these two different checks.
The opo case seem complicated that’s why the HO takes it longer to consider his case to make a decision anyway good luck to him.
And im also waiting for application decision as well been waiting for 54 days so far.
Thank you

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 am

My case is not complicated at all, immigration history, no offence, no conviction, no driving conviction or penalty or points, married to BC in 2011,got ILR in 2015, applied citizenship in April 2018, after 6 months i have email quite a lot to homeoffice, in one email they mention they are taking long because in April they have sudden unexpected and huge amount of application received, that is why its taking long, hope it clear The doubt that my case might be complicated😊, Kind regards

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:53 am

opo19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:00 am
My case is not complicated at all, immigration history, no offence, no conviction, no driving conviction or penalty or points, married to BC in 2011,got ILR in 2015, applied citizenship in April 2018, after 6 months i have email quite a lot to homeoffice, in one email they mention they are taking long because in April they have sudden unexpected and huge amount of application received, that is why its taking long, hope it clear The doubt that my case might be complicated😊, Kind regards
I dont think so that huge amount of application causes your case being delayed as if that was the case than all other applications which were received way after your application wouldnt get their decision by now , there must be a reason for this long delay or something which you dont know or aware but is there cauisng this day like i said previously again and again case are allocated to case worker for final decison after all checks are done and you checks are not completed yet , check all the email replies i got they were different than yours and suggested that i was about to get my decision and i got approval ,

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Yes there is reason, they told MP in second letter that there are various checks some are external and some internal, they said they don’t have to contact those agencies its upto them when they complete the checks and return to them, even internal checks some departments take the time they want, once they are satisfied they let them know, i don’t have any sort of problem here or back home or in any other country which lead to delay, so its upto homeoffice really, whatever the time they need they take, no one can say that there must be problem which is why its taking long, the people who got their approval within months or 3 months they r lucky, i think online application and postal applications have something to do with it as well, as my friend got his approval in 3 months he send his application by post same time as me, i just got 3 different emils from homeoffice which are different to the one’s they normally send, rest of 5 emails are same everyone received.

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi opo,
Could you please explain the external check?
Hopefully result will be positive if everything is fine.

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm

External check are from various agencies and government departments, include police checks, county court, councils, workplace etc there are many checks no one knows, as homeoffice do it from applicant’s home country and other countries

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:35 pm

Hi opo,
You means the same check from police and others here in the UK do or request from the applicant’s home country? If it is the case then its not possible to them make a decision in 6 months timeframe which they say or may be these checks depend or if someone suspicious i think anyway why they don’t call it international checks instead external check

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 pm

I think they do criminal record check from other countries, no one really knows what kind of checks they exactly do, as they never explain that, its just assumptions

Ilrsetm

Post by Ilrsetm » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:10 pm

But I don’t think so they can carry on for everyone otherwise the decision may take more longer to decide and would cause a big backlog.

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 pm

I am in similar situation. I applied in Jan 2019. As far as I know, I have very clean history. I have never broken laws in any of countries I lived, except few parking tickets etc. I work full time, married (BC) with kids.

Since I applied for naturalisation, I have not heard from them, except confirmation of payment email.

I have written an email day. How long they normally take to reply email queries?

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm

Its still not much time for your application, i think its in early stages yet, and you might get reply in 3 or 4 months otherwise if more than that then no one can say how long will it take, but be positive, lets hope for good😊, email enquiries as far as mine they reply me within 2 days everytime

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14 pm

opo19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Its still not much time for your application, i think its in early stages yet, and you might get reply in 3 or 4 months otherwise if more than that then no one can say how long will it take, but be positive, lets hope for good😊, email enquiries as far as mine they reply me within 2 days everytime
Thank you very much for your reply. I have seen few guys they got their case sorted well before me. That's what me worried. I am applying for new jobs, they will need to see some sort of documents. I also wanted to get it sorted then I can move on other issues in my life....

Please keep us update to explore the reasons why some of cases are delayed over two months

waqas734
Pakistan

Post by waqas734 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:10 pm

difficult_guy wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:14 pm
opo19 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:18 pm
Thank you very much for your reply. I have seen few guys they got their case sorted well before me. That's what me worried. I am applying for new jobs, they will need to see some sort of documents. I also wanted to get it sorted then I can move on other issues in my life....

Please keep us update to explore the reasons why some of cases are delayed over two months

You have your ILR to show when you apply for new jobs also dont look at other timelines they all are different and depends on individual cicumstances

difficult_guy

Post by difficult_guy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:18 pm

[/quote]

You have your ILR to show when you apply for new jobs also dont look at other timelines they all are different and depends on individual cicumstances
[/quote]

Unfortunately, my ILR is with HO and it would be nice to have BN while applying jobs instead of ILR.

Yes you are right, every individual case could be different but I thought my case is straight forward with no offence at all but life is not straight forward ....

I have dropped an email to HO anyway, lets see what reply I am going to get from them...

luhpaoli

Post by luhpaoli » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 pm

You can always ask your document back. I've got a new job while HO had my documents, I just asked it back with urgency and a few days later it was returned without harming my process.