ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Homeless Council Housing Application

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Everyday4u
Mood:
Iran

Homeless Council Housing Application

Post by Everyday4u » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:54 pm

Hello

I apologize if this question has been asked several time in past. But i shall appreciate if a senior knowledgeable member could shed some light on it please?

I have Indefinite Leave To Remain and my son born abroad. My son and wife came to UK in last year on spouse dependent Visa which means both BRP card says "No Resource to Public Fund".

I have contacted council homeless service due to change in personal circumstances and have given them all required documents for myself and identity documents for wife and son as well on their demand. However i mentioned clearly to the housing officer that these two members of my family are subject to immigration control therefore can not apply for housing benefit. Hence, I am the main applicant and applying for housing benefit in my sole name. Council said size of my family requires two bedroom accomodation.

I am not sure if i am doing the right thing? Applying for housing benefit for two bedroom property in my sole name shall have any negative affect to their FLRM and ultimatley ILR? I am already taking child benefit though in my sole name.

I would really appreciate if someone who has same experienec or any senior member/expert/solicitor could shed some light on it for my guidenace please to make correct decision. Thank you. :cry:

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Homeless Council Housing Application

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:26 am

If you are only claiming Child Benefit and this is your first claim for a low income benefit, wouldn't that be a Universal Credit claim instead of the old Housing Benefit?

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Homeless Council Housing Application

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:39 am

Universal Credit
https://www.gov.uk/universal-credit

The triggers that move a claimant from the old (legacy) low income benfits to Universal Credit.
https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/chang ... sal_Credit