ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing Albanian wife and child to UK to live

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Albanianman
Newly Registered
Albania

Bringing Albanian wife and child to UK to live

Post by Albanianman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:14 pm

Im Albanian who lives and works in UK since 2004 when I got indefinite leave to remain.
I got married in 2005 but im separated from my UK wife.
In 2011 I married my Albanian gf in Albania.
We have a 5 year old daughter together.
I want to bring her and my daughter to UK to live but I never got divorced from previous wife.
Would this be possible based on fact I never divorced UK wife ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bringing Albanian wife and child to UK to live

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:07 pm

To apply for a spouse visa, you have to prove you were both free to marry at the time. As you were still married to someone else and have not divorced, your current marriage will not be recognised.

You also won't qualify for an Unmarried Partner visa as this requires mandatory evidence of living together in a relationship akin to marriage for 2 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:47 pm

In addition to CR001's advice, you've dug yourself into a somewhat deep hole! Even if you divorce from your first wife, your second marriage won't be recognised under British law and therefore neither for the purposes of UK immigration under the family route. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Albanianman
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by Albanianman » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:18 pm

Thank you for your replies.
My Albanian wife wants to come to UK with our child to visit anyway.
How can I make this possible.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:26 pm

She will have to declare your relationship in the visitor visa application and the Entry Clearance Office may well consider that she will have more reason to stay on in the UK than she has to return home with your child and refuse the application. That's apart from the sticky situation you've made for yourself by marrying without having divorced your first wife. :idea:

As a matter of interest, weren't you required to declare you had a wife in the UK, when you married again in Albania :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.