ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement scheme for non-EU members - does not work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Blacksea28
Turkey

EU Settlement scheme for non-EU members - does not work

Post by Blacksea28 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Hello,
I am non-EU who holds EEA family permit visa, arriived to the UK with EEA spouse on 29th of March.

Anyone who is non-eu, made an application successfully today(30.03.2019)???

I am aware that before 29th it was not possible in test phase but today, there is a confirmation on UK.gov website tht scheme is fully open and verybody can make the application.

In android app, there is only resident card holder option is valid for non-eu applicants and no possibility to apply with passport.

Erhan

Bunny47
Mood:

Re: EU Settlement scheme for non-EU members - does not work

Post by Bunny47 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:35 pm

Looks like it's only working for the people with biometric card.

zkajo
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by zkajo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Go to this link and click "Start now". You'll be able to do it.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:12 am

Bunny47 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:35 pm
Looks like it's only working for the people with biometric card.
Indeed, in Android app, there is no option for non-eu to scan passport. It only gives an option for non-eu who holds BRC. :(

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:13 am

zkajo wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 pm
Go to this link and click "Start now". You'll be able to do it.

https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

To confirm identity, there is no option in Android app to scan passport for non-EU members :(

Bunny47
Mood:

Post by Bunny47 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:21 am

You can fill it online by visiting the 'gov' website.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 am

It works if you tick the box "apply online and post". You will need to download your indentity on a website. After completing the form onine you will be directing to another website to book your biometric appointment. Without it you application will not be considered.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 am
It works if you tick the box "apply online and post". You will need to download your indentity on a website. After completing the form onine you will be directing to another website to book your biometric appointment. Without it you application will not be considered.
Where can you see that “apply online and post”? Is that in the android app? Does it mean you don’t need to wait for them to send you a form?

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:15 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:33 am
Thank you!, by the way do you know if we supposed to post our passport so them after biometric appointment? or they will validate everything on the meeting and we won't need to post something?

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 pm

My biometric appointment letter says that I will need to bring all original documents which I have downloaded on a website. Also I was advised to upload them on a UKVCAS. It says YOU MUST DOWNLOAD them before your biometric appointment due. Be aware that it will cost you money if you book premium biometric appointment.

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:51 pm

Where can you see that “apply online and post”? Is that in the android app? Does it mean you don’t need to wait for them to send you a form? - no. It is online application. Just click start and follow the instructions.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 pm
My biometric appointment letter says that I will need to bring all original documents which I have downloaded on a website. Also I was advised to upload them on a UKVCAS. It says YOU MUST DOWNLOAD them before your biometric appointment due. Be aware that it will cost you money if you book premium biometric appointment.
Thnak you!! :)

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi Romy

Did you already hold a biometric residence permit e.g Tier 2 or Tier 4 before applying? I have only been asked to post my passport to them but no mention of biometric appointment. I linked my application with my husband (EEA national) but not sure if I should book another biometric appointment not sure if I should book this anyway. Current BRP(Tier 2 is valid until 2021).

Thanks

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi Hayley

Did you already hold a biometric residence permit e.g Tier 2 or Tier 4 before applying? - I do have biometric residence permit but under limited leave to remain (expired in 2017). But I am Non-EU family member and my immigration route under EEA law. All my documents within HO are related to my ex-spouse who are EU/ British citizen.

I have only been asked to post my passport to them but no mention of biometric appointment. - it means that you will need to post it.

I linked my application with my husband (EEA national) but not sure if I should book another biometric appointment not sure if I should book this anyway. Current BRP(Tier 2 is valid until 2021). - probably you won't need to enrol your biometric as you already have VALID residence card/ permit.

Regarding my case, once I completed all sections online including providing my digital photo, I was redirected to the website called UKVCAS where I booked an appointment for biometric.

Hope, it helps. As I can see so far, each case is different and depends what type of information you will provide while competing you application online.

Hayley01
South Africa

Post by Hayley01 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Thank you for clarifying. All the best!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:58 pm

Hayley01 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:53 pm
Thank you for clarifying. All the best!
Thank you, Hayley. You too :)

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi,

I am non- EU family member with Permanent Residence Certificate inside my passport, I have no Biometric card.

From my understading after reading this post, I have to :
- Click on ' apply online and post' on the GOV
- after fill up all details, the GOV website will redirect me to UKVCAS
- to make appointment for my Biometric card application
- after receive my Biometric card, then only I can apply ' settle status '. But, is it by ' post' or 'android app ' to scan the Biometric card??

Thank you all!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi
From my understading after reading this post, I have to :
- Click on ' apply online and post' on the GOV
- after fill up all details, the GOV website will redirect me to UKVCAS
- to make appointment for my Biometric card application
- Yes.

- after receive my Biometric card, then only I can apply ' settle status '. But, is it by ' post' or 'android app ' to scan the Biometric card??
- NO! You already will be applying for settled/ presetted status while completing application online. For example, after providing my NIN I was advised that I will be considered for settled status. Also I was advised that my application will not be considered before I enrol my biometric. You will receive unique ref number for your application once you complete it. Once you book your biometric you will see the same reference on your biometric appointment letter which you will have to bring for your appointment.

It is easy and very straightforward process. Just follow the instruction.

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am

Thank you!

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 am

Hi good people, quick question for all of you.
EEA Family Member, non-bio permit.
Applied earlier this morning, after entering my NI number, a message appeared saying I would be considered for settled status. Strange since I've been here a bit over four years.
So I clicked on a link to state I've been here less, which means I was switched to pre-settled. Kind of expected that.
Now I have an application number, and I am directed to a Sopra Steria site, where the only available appointments are quite far away, in Croydon, and are £100 for a any decent slot.
Does this ring a bell? On the other end, has anyone been given settled status being here under 5 yrs?
Thanks!
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

Ayeesha29
Newly Registered
Finland

Post by Ayeesha29 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi,

I have just read your post. I have also applied for the scheme as a Non-EU and was not asked for any payment or appointment. As far as I am aware, the application is completely free as no payment is required at any stage of the process. It sounds dodgy that you were asked to pay.
Did you apply through the app?

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:35 am

zoeleong wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:20 am
Thank you!
You are welcome. Also you may not be redirected to UKVCAS website to book biometric if you have VALID residence card. I am just guessing. Basically each case will depend what type information is provided by applicant.

zoeleong
Newly Registered

Post by zoeleong » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi,

Today, I have finally applied settle status online. GOV.uk required me to provide document to prove relationship with my sponsor - so, I uploaded Marriage Certificate. At the end of the application, it states I need to bring identity document ( I assumes is my Passport ) for my appointment.

I have booked my Biometric appointment with UKVCAS, under the Mandatory Document Requirement to upload online is Blank.

My Question is : Do I need to upload document under the Optional Document eg my spouse's passport, Marriage Certificate etc.

Or I just bring my Passport and the Appointment letter ?

Thank you.

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:40 pm

zoeleong wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:24 pm
Hi,

Today, I have finally applied settle status online. GOV.uk required me to provide document to prove relationship with my sponsor - so, I uploaded Marriage Certificate. At the end of the application, it states I need to bring identity document ( I assumes is my Passport ) for my appointment.

I have booked my Biometric appointment with UKVCAS, under the Mandatory Document Requirement to upload online is Blank.

My Question is : Do I need to upload document under the Optional Document eg my spouse's passport, Marriage Certificate etc.

Or I just bring my Passport and the Appointment letter ?

Thank you.
Hi,

Your passport and appoitment letter is sufficient to apply but You should bring your sponsor's passport or ID card as they scan it there in UKVCAS office.

Leo_one
France

Post by Leo_one » Sun May 26, 2019 3:15 pm

Romy88 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 pm
Hi I hope you got the positive decision and i do request you please share your experience how long they take to complete your case till you got the bio-metric card. Thanks