ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa : Driving Licence

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

3crown

Spouse Visa : Driving Licence

Post by 3crown » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

Hubby here on Spouse Visa til May 2010 & we know he can drive on his own licence & a UK provisional for one year, but can anyone tell me how we can get around the photo ID issue when applying for his UK provisional... - my colleague, who has known him (in the UK) for over two years, is happy to sign the form and the photograph but she has only known him for four days in his new 'legal' status - - Can anyone advise please?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:53 pm

You can take the application form to your nearest DVLA office with your hubbys passport and some other ID, and an officer from there will be able to sign it and confirm that your hubby is who he says he is. I did this with my son in laws application and it worked.

I would have thought if your friend knew your hubby for 2 years,. they would be able to sign his form. I dont think your husbands legal status comes into question here........ well thats what i think anyway

3crown

Post by 3crown » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Thank you Batleykahn - sounds like good advice, think we may give the DVLA office a go - quote="batleykhan"]You can take the application form to your nearest DVLA office with your hubbys passport and some other ID, and an officer from there will be able to sign it and confirm that your hubby is who he says he is. I did this with my son in laws application and it worked.

I would have thought if your friend knew your hubby for 2 years,. they would be able to sign his form. I dont think your husbands legal status comes into question here........ well thats what i think anyway[/quote]

geriatrix

Re: Spouse Visa : Driving Licence

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 pm

If you include a current passport as proof of identity with the (provisional license) application, then there is no need for you to get the photograph signed.

Please read INF1D - page 8 on the top or Section 7 on page 9.

regards
3crown wrote:Hubby here on Spouse Visa til May 2010 & we know he can drive on his own licence & a UK provisional for one year, but can anyone tell me how we can get around the photo ID issue when applying for his UK provisional... - my colleague, who has known him (in the UK) for over two years, is happy to sign the form and the photograph but she has only known him for four days in his new 'legal' status - - Can anyone advise please?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

3crown

Re: Spouse Visa : Driving Licence

Post by 3crown » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:22 am

Many thanks Sushmehta...I called the DVLA yesterday afternoon and we did just as you say. Thanks again.
sushdmehta wrote:If you include a current passport as proof of identity with the (provisional license) application, then there is no need for you to get the photograph signed.

Please read INF1D - page 8 on the top or Section 7 on page 9.

regards
3crown wrote:Hubby here on Spouse Visa til May 2010 & we know he can drive on his own licence & a UK provisional for one year, but can anyone tell me how we can get around the photo ID issue when applying for his UK provisional... - my colleague, who has known him (in the UK) for over two years, is happy to sign the form and the photograph but she has only known him for four days in his new 'legal' status - - Can anyone advise please?