ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Process Question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DJP23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Application Process Question

Post by DJP23 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 am

Hi All,

I've just finished completing the online application and am a little hesitant to pay until I definitely know that I will not have to post my original documents (passport and BRP) because I have lots of travels coming up.

At the end of the application before payment, it only gives me the "standard service" option and no other explanation as to what this means. I've been reading reading reading and the information is not very clear as to what will happen next (i.e. will I be given the option of scanning my documents instead of sending in the post?).

If I knew that I would get a refund issued if I had to retract the application, I'd just go ahead and take a chance that once I pay, the next page will instruct me to how to upload docs. But, I never want to assume the HO would be so kind as to refund!

Bottom line is that I only want to apply for BC if I can hold on to my travel documents. Anyone who's had the same happen RECENTLY?

Thank you!

apsk
Member of Standing
India

Re: Application Process Question

Post by apsk » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:55 am

Be assured, you will get your documents back after getting them verified. With recent change, UKVI has made this Sopra Steria as standard service where you get your documents back the same day you visit for your appointment.

anamariap
Newly Registered
Romania

Re: Application Process Question

Post by anamariap » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:16 am

I can confirm you can proceed with the "Standard service". I did the same last week and could then book via Sopra Steria. In fact there is no longer an option to post your documents ("old" process) since Monday March 25th.