ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa and documents not returned yet

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa/ Previous Visit Visa Refusal

Post by rexabruzzi » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:47 am

Hello Everyone,

Please Help! (trying to keep a long story as short as possible)

My wife had LR (not indefinite) when we got married in july 2016, and we moved to Dubai. at the time a lawyer advised that stating we were married may negatively affect her chances of getting her ILR.

Thankfully she got her ILR in November last year (2018).

Issue is:

I applied for a visit visa twice in 2017 (May & August) and unfortunately was refused on both occasions due to a few reasons such as bank balance etc. I had mentioned my Marital status as single in my applications to avoid complications (and to stick to the lawyers word)

one of the reasons for refusal read - 'You mentioned you are single, and no children which leaves you with no family ties in the UAE to go back to. hence refused.

Anyways we are applying the spouse visa now, when questions come about previous refusals obviously I will mention about my 2 refusals. But how do i address the marital status issue here? I am sure I cannot just ignore that point since the Home office will have full detail of my previous applications and reasons for refusal..

Any kind of answers, advise, thoughts and ideas would be highly appreciated

Thank You!

wahi66
BANNED

Re: Spouse Visa/ Previous Visit Visa Refusal

Post by wahi66 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't know who stupid got this idea for lying about relationships. there are many cases recently.

is your marriage registered or just religious??

if you can change the marriage date in term of new registration etc then things will be a lot easier to explain.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:04 am

Spouse visa considerations sweep away some immigration sins of the past. Your previous refusals are not going to figure highly in the overall scope of things. It was not particularly bright to lie about your relationship in your previous visit visa applications but I doubt they will focus too much on that. It was technically an attempt at deception however I am guessing this was not a stated reason for refusal? Even if it was there is little impact on the spouse visa decision.

Good luck.

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

Post by rexabruzzi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:50 am

wahi66 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:55 pm
I don't know who stupid got this idea for lying about relationships. there are many cases recently.

is your marriage registered or just religious??

if you can change the marriage date in term of new registration etc then things will be a lot easier to explain.
Thanks for your reply. It was an idea by one of the lawyers who had advised my wife at the time. its a registered marriage. after the current situation don't want to even think of changing dates and digging myself onto a deeper hole.

Thanks again.. :)

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

Post by rexabruzzi » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:56 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:04 am
Spouse visa considerations sweep away some immigration sins of the past. Your previous refusals are not going to figure highly in the overall scope of things. It was not particularly bright to lie about your relationship in your previous visit visa applications but I doubt they will focus too much on that. It was technically an attempt at deception however I am guessing this was not a stated reason for refusal? Even if it was there is little impact on the spouse visa decision.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your response. phew such relief to even read this! :)

Quite unfortunately they had mentioned a point - 'you mentioned you're single that leaves you with no ties in the UAE (where I applied from)

quite interestingly - They mentioned 'you have applied to visit wife's family on the same refusal! .. I'm guessing the mistakenly mentioned 'wife' instead of 'aunty' since i had provided sponsor letters from my aunty who lives in the UK and stated I'l be staying with her..

Thanks once again!! :) '

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

Previous refusals for new Applications

Post by rexabruzzi » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:20 pm

Hello Everyone!

My wife will be applying for my spouse/ settlement visa to the UK this week. Unfortunately I do have 2 visit visa refusals from 2017. I will be mentioning that I have been refused and give reasons but should I also submit the refusal letters along with all of my other documents? please advice.

The lawyer who I am going through with suggests we need to give the refusal forms (but those do have complication in itself). would love to hear from you guys..

Thank you!!

rexabruzzi
Newly Registered

spouse visa and documents not returned yet

Post by rexabruzzi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 am

Hello guys

UK non priority spouse visa application date - 8th April 2019

Biometrics given in colombo - 16th April

Documents submitted - to Sheffield by post - 30th April

Received email - confirming my application is under process - 9th May

Received call from HO asking generic questions about work - 24th May

As I’ve applied non-priority I’m not too fussed yet. However just worries about the delay in receiving my documents back. My friend had the same application done and received documents back within a month and most of what I’ve read here says documents are usually posted within 3 to 4 weeks.

Any ideas? Suggestions? please