ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR absence more than 90 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

PR absence more than 90 days

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi there,

I am a non EEA national holds a PR. The acquired date on letter is 31st Dec 2018. I have a very good job offer in EEA country. The start date is 1st May. If I accept the offer I will be out of UK most of the time but visiting UK once a month. I have calculated approx months I will be out of UK for 180 days by 31st Dec 2019. I am in real dilemma to whether go for a dream job or British citizenship. If I stay 180 to 200 days out of UK does that mean I have to stay another 1 year to be eligible again.

Can anyone suggest please

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR absence more than 90 days

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm

Your absence in the 12 months immediately before applying for ILR cannot exceed 90 days. Not sure where you get 180 days from.

You need to be resident in the UK to apply for citizenship. Working in the EU means you are therefore not resident here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:32 pm
Your absence in the 12 months immediately before applying for ILR cannot exceed 90 days. Not sure where you get 180 days from.

You need to be resident in the UK to apply for citizenship. Working in the EU means you are therefore not resident here.
Hi CR001,

Thanks for reply, 180 days are based on my calculations that I will be out of UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:44 pm

You won't be eligible to apply in December 2019 then as your absence will be double the limit in the final 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AnaMG
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by AnaMG » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:37 pm

According to the "Naturalisation Booklet – The Requirements"

Absences between 101 – 179 days are normally disregarded only if all other requirements are met and you have demonstrated links with the UK through presence of family, and established home and a substantial part of your estate.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... oklet_.pdf

CR001: Are you suggesting that from your experience that never happens ?

Kind regards,