ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Dependent Visa Timing/Logistics

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tj133
Newly Registered
United States of America

T1 Dependent Visa Timing/Logistics

Post by tj133 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:57 pm

Hello,

I have several questions about the timing of the Tier 1 (Exceptional Promise) Stage Two visa application. My husband and I are both US citizens currently residing in the US. We plan to move to the UK at the same time.

1. Do we each need to fill out separate online applications? It seems like this is the case, but my application does ask if I will be travelling with a partner.
2. Does my Stage 2 application need to be processed first (I am the Tier 1 visa applicant and he is the dependent applicant)? How should I time the online applications? We are very short for time, so applying at the same time would be preferable if it is possible.
3. Should we make our biometrics appointments together/at the same time?
4. Can we send our applications/documents in the same envelope?

Thank you very much for any help you all might be able to provide, and please let me know if this is not the appropriate place for these sorts of questions!

BorisBorisBoris
Newly Registered
Swaziland

Re: T1 Dependent Visa Timing/Logistics

Post by BorisBorisBoris » Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:41 pm

As for the application, if you're applying at the same time, you can add your husband to your application as a dependant when applying online.

tj133
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tj133 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Thank you. Do we fill out two separate applications? Within the "Family Details" section of the online application, I can specify whether my spouse is traveling with me (and provide his passport information), but that is all. I am so confused about whether he should also submit a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Partner application in addition to my own!

BorisBorisBoris
Newly Registered
Swaziland

Post by BorisBorisBoris » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:47 am

No idea. There should be more experienced guys here.

I can only suggest to get an immigration lawyer to support you throughout the process.

dmc
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dmc » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:06 pm

I would submit one application, given that you plan on immigrating together. You are the main applicant and he is applicant 2 in your Stage 2 application. You should also submit biometrics and send documents together.