ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can more than 1 person apply under Startup Category as partner to start the business together?

Only for Start-Up Visas and Innovator Visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

msabir79
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Can more than 1 person apply under Startup Category as partner to start the business together?

Post by msabir79 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 pm

Hi

Can someone please guide me if I can apply under the startup category with 2 other people I am currently working with in the same organization as partner ?

Can we together make a single business plan and send to the endorsing body for endorsement?

Which department is responsible for endorsement in HEI listed on home-office website?

Thanking you in advance.

msabir79
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Can more than 1 person apply under Startup Category as partner to start the business together?

Post by msabir79 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:46 pm

Another Question:

Can we add multiple type of services in a single business plan, for example:

1. Software Development
2. Mobile Application Development
2. IT Infrastructure Design & Implementation
3. Support Services / SLA

As we (all partners) have experience in these areas and we want to setup a single IT company in UK under startup category.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can more than 1 person apply under Startup Category as partner to start the business together?

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Have you read the links provided ????? All the information you need is there. You cannot start a partnership under this start-up route !

https://www.gov.uk/start-up-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:34 am

msabir79 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Hi

Can someone please guide me if I can apply under the startup category with 2 other people I am currently working with in the same organization as partner ?

Can we together make a single business plan and send to the endorsing body for endorsement?

Which department is responsible for endorsement in HEI listed on home-office website?

Thanking you in advance.
Why do you want to apply for a visa jointly ? Are you trying to split the investment needed amongst multiple people ?

Nothing stops you from setting up a company jointly after each have got their individual visas
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

FreedomOfMovement
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FreedomOfMovement » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:20 pm

The rules explicitly state you CAN apply as a team, but you must EACH provide £50k towards the investment funds (i.e. £200k total between 4 of you). Stated in Appendix W of the immigration rules, as I recall.